Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10427 10428 [10429] 10430 10431 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561544 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All in all it seems like a fairly standard children's book to me, but judging by the language it's fairly old. Nobody would talk like that nowadays.

Judging by the dedication from 1899, too. >_o

But yeah, that's really neat! Thanks to both of you for sharing and translating, respectively. It's always cool seeing old art and stories and such sticking around. :3

Side note, my own happy. Just finished earning the slowest and most arduous $300 of my freelance career. Got the contract right away, then weeks spent waiting for this client to fund the project. I put up examples for feedback at various milestones, and waited for weeks again for feedback and the go ahead to continue. Then, once I was done (60 work hours in to a "12 hour" charity job), hearing said client ask to renegotiate such that I do TWICE that work again on the same budget, trying to explain that he was already getting what's a $5,000-10,000 product in this line of work (that's the low end) for virtually free, waiting for a response, more waiting for a response, seeing the project get automatically unfunded due to the MONTH that'd now elapsed since he vanished and the contract was due to be completed, more time spent issuing a request for it to be refunded and for arbitration from the company that helps me freelance which was granted, FINALLY hearing from my client, waiting for one final week until days before the job automatically paid out to me in his absence (the company had sided with me), and at long last confirming and being paid for the finished product by the client at the last minute.

It's finally done! Whatever I spend this on, it'd better be something good. This was So. Frigging. Stupid.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Today I've been quite happy except without any good reason? I'll take it anyway.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Air conditioning fixed! Huzzah! It's no longer edging towards 80F (which is what it was over most of yesterday) inside! I can consider playing games again without worrying about the CPU trying to melt (as quickly)!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

“No sight so sad as that of a naughty child," he began, "especially a naughty little girl. Do you know where the wicked go after death?"

"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.

"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"

"A pit full of fire."

"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"

"No, sir."

"What must you do to avoid it?"

I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
“Do you think I am an automaton? — a machine without feelings? and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh: it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal — as we are!”

Jane Eyre is such a nice novel. It is a pity that the ending seems slightly too conventional for the rest of the book.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

That first one made me smile.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LORD TOAD REQUESTS FUNDINGS
SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

https://www.patreon.com/bay12games

Oh neat. 

Speak of Patreon, do they have any splitting kind of option yet?  Like if I want to give 30 dollars a month total to N projects, can it split that up for me?  And if I add a project it would adjust?  I remember sending that to them as a suggestion once, and a human emailed me back saying that was a good idea and they would look into it, but I'm not sure if that was PR speak for ignoring me nicely.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

More like someone gave the idea to him and he said 'yeah sure'.
That said  Patreon doesn't accept blood sacrifice for some reason. Sad. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile

Guy at school starts playing this thing of beauty during our QSA poster-making meeting. "Aggressively Happy" is a good term for it. VIVA SYNTH!
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, really really glad to see that Patreon. It's about dang time, Tarn! :D

Hope it goes great.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Aside from missing out on a school day due to sickness, today pretty great.

The most important thing is that I've changed my go-to online handle. Those who knew me as DarkDXZ, hi, I'm Maks now! (Which happens to be my real name, or the diminutive form of it.)
No account hijacking going on or anything, just a name change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A crosspost, technically, but hell.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3435tu/paid_mods_in_steam_workshop/
I read this while inspirational metal was on in the background. VICTORY.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A crosspost, technically, but hell.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3435tu/paid_mods_in_steam_workshop/
I read this while inspirational metal was on in the background. VICTORY.
I was listening to the suicide mission tune from ME2.
I was listening to the Roman victory ost from RTW while reading the news
Pages: 1 ... 10427 10428 [10429] 10430 10431 ... 13312