Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10435 10436 [10437] 10438 10439 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14523326 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Idly browsing by genre on Bandcamp this morning.
Truly, doom does transcend the barriers of language.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Went back and actually took a look at my grades for my Greek class, which I was sure I was going to get a B in.

Actually, things aren't as dire as they've looked. Aside from the tests, which have all been pretty mediocre, I've been sitting rather pretty. Not even showing up to the final on Tuesday will net me a B; and I would need to get a 94 on the final test to get an A. I'll have to study my ass off, because my best test score so far has been an 80, which is just barely a B. But it's within the realm of feasibility.

What manner of strange grading scale is your professor using where it takes close to a perfect score on the final to bump you up to an A in the class, but no credit at all will only drop you to a B?

The "final" isn't really a final...it's just another test, of which there are four total. It's a translation class-we've read about 700 lines of the Odyssey in total, and a cumulative final would be impossible to study for. So each test so far tests you on about 150-200 lines, and then you never go over them again.

25% of the grade is attendance and preparation, which have been flawless since my ability to read Greek is very good and my attendence is nearly spotless; 30% is the quizzes, which have been mid-B range; and 45% is the tests, which I've had three so far- I scored a 74, a 78 and an 80. So I'm currently in upper-B range without having taken the final. That means that I need to score...

Wait, OK, something isn't right here...

[EDIT: OK, I've figured out the problem- the gradebook is only counting the first three tests as out of 45, not all four, weighting the first three more than they need to be weighted. I'm doomed to a B no matter what I do, as long as I get at least a 25% on the last test. I'm shooting him a note...]

Thank you, Baffler, for bringing this to my attention!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:39:53 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Writing a comparative paper on judiciaries, 20-30 page required range, minimum of 20 scholarly sources. Had one page completed and one relevant article read as of three hours ago. Due tomorrow afternoon. Current status: 12.5 pages complete, 4 books "read", 26 articles read. It's time for another stress + sleep deprivation high to kick in, and I'm already feeling pretty lightheaded and floaty. Time to stop working and play games for a couple hours to build it up further. Woo~

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Writing a comparative paper on judiciaries, 20-30 page required range, minimum of 20 scholarly sources. Had one page completed and one relevant article read as of three hours ago. Due tomorrow afternoon. Current status: 12.5 pages complete, 4 books "read", 26 articles read. It's time for another stress + sleep deprivation high to kick in, and I'm already feeling pretty lightheaded and floaty. Time to stop working and play games for a couple hours to build it up further. Woo~
You're a madman. I feels stressed just reading this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing suppresses the fear like the calm acceptance of a deadline heaving forward. I've done some of my best gaming on that procrastination high.

Godspeed. o7

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

I found another gay guy at my school. That probably shouldn't make me as happy as it does, but...Well, it does.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Are gay guys especially uncommon?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Supposedly gay people in general are around 5-10% of the total population?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

You all make'n meh feel old.
Get off my lawn.
Get a haircut.
Whippersnapper.
He's a lemon. If he got a haircut, you'd end up with zest.

I realized faygo soda is caffeine free! ah so many options!
Is this true? I tried looking for information on their website (after wikipedia revealed nothing of the sort), but it didn't bring up anything. I was surprised to find that, besides the usual social media stuff that all corporate websites have, they had links to SoundCloud and Spotify accounts. And even more surprising was the fact that neither contain any ICP.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:51:27 pm by penguinofhonor »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but there are plenty of places where openly gay people are very rare.
This. The people in my school are extremely anti- ...Well, pretty much everything a fundie has ever spoken out against. Especially homosexuality. To the point I hear almost daily about how much they want to kill the fags.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

This. The people in my school are extremely anti- ...Well, pretty much everything a fundie has ever spoken out against. Especially homosexuality. To the point I hear almost daily about how much they want to kill the fags.
Isn't that illegal? Hate speech, I mean. Also, that is horrifying.

Supposedly gay people in general are around 5-10% of the total population?
That doesn't seem uncommon.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:28:50 pm by Orange Wizard »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Where are you even? Alabama?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't that illegal? Hate speech, I mean. Also, that is horrifying.
It is against school rules (Though not any laws), but this is a place where people openly carry knives. Nobody cares, including the implementers and enforcers of them.

Where are you even? Alabama?
East Texas.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Texas is literally every shitty American stereotype rolled into one deformed demon baby.
Pages: 1 ... 10435 10436 [10437] 10438 10439 ... 13311