Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10436 10437 [10438] 10439 10440 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14516427 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Texas is literally every shitty American stereotype rolled into one deformed demon baby.
Urban Texas isn't so bad. It's still not exactly a wonderland of progressive thoughts, but it's bearable at least. That's rural Texas in a sentence, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You have your causation backwards on Texas and stereotypes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

man guys stereotypes suck, let's stereotype a whole state

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Texas is literally every shitty American stereotype rolled into one deformed demon baby.
I'm probably going there in a couple of months!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Urban Texas isn't so bad. It's still not exactly a wonderland of progressive thoughts, but it's bearable at least. That's rural Texas in a sentence, though.
Can confirm, urban Texas is pretty normal. The Central Texas area, particularly the Austin area, has a reputation of being oddly "left" and progressive in a sea of otherwise "southern conservatism." Not saying that leftists can't be idiotic close-minded bigots, but statistically....*hand gestures*

I'm probably going there in a couple of months!
If you're going to any of the big cities, I hope you like traffic. Austin highway traffic can be absurdly slow during rush hours when people are commuting to or from work. In my own experience, a drive on a highway that would normally take an hour without traffic wound up taking over two and a half hours due to congested traffic the whole way. I've heard Houston can be worse. And Dallas has tons of construction going on at the moment and in some cases is even worse for traffic.

If you're going anywhere rural, I don't know what to tell ya. Watch out for inbred polish cannibals. Nah, this r/nosleep creepypasta is probably fake.

Really though, Austin Texas has some cool music stuff. You'd probably enjoy it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

man guys stereotypes suck, let's stereotype a whole state
thats just how i roll dood

u hatin
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

* Orange Wizard throttles the heavens.
Bit late, but I read this as "bottles the heavens" and all I could think of was orange juice.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Oh man I heard someone say 'fag' the other day and it was the first time I'd heard fag in reference to someone being gay in about three years.
Like, Codfag, Newfag, etc, I see all the time. But someone's like 'The faggot wants a kiss' and I was like 'What is this word you are using'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

"why do the 4channers want to kiss?"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're going anywhere rural, I don't know what to tell ya. Watch out for inbred polish cannibals. Nah, this r/nosleep creepypasta is probably fake.
It's certifiably fake. It mentions someone being tested positive for HIV in before the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was released in 1974. Which is impossible since HIV was discovered in 1981. These sorts of detail are the thing that ruins most creepypastas. People who don't know basic history.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:55:23 am by Reelya »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

It's certifiably fake. It mentions someone being tested positive for HIV in before the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was released in 1974. Which is impossible since HIV was discovered in 1981. These sorts of detail are the thing that ruins most creepypastas. People who don't know basic history.
Well, I still found it an enjoyable read. The fact it's posted in r/nosleep is generally proof enough that it's fake.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a spider on my kitchen counter this morning. It was dropping down in an apparent attempt to snatch ants(we have a big ant problem). I accidentally knocked it down when I was making coffee. It ran off, and as it did, it grabbed an ant and took off with it. Was funny to watch.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"why do the 4channers want to kiss?"
3lewd5me

Writing a comparative paper on judiciaries, 20-30 page required range, minimum of 20 scholarly sources. Had one page completed and one relevant article read as of three hours ago. Due tomorrow afternoon. Current status: 12.5 pages complete, 4 books "read", 26 articles read. It's time for another stress + sleep deprivation high to kick in, and I'm already feeling pretty lightheaded and floaty. Time to stop working and play games for a couple hours to build it up further. Woo~
This. This thing? The thing called "coming back and finishing it"? Didn't happen, I screwed around until 1am then passed out. And then woke up at ~6am of my own volition after nightmares of, among other things (I only mention it because it's semi-relevant) being doxxed for some unknown reason. Then I finished it. Now I've got basically nothing left to do, just all those finals and my GRE and meetings and prep for graduation and graduation all crammed into one week - like I said, basically nothing, 'cause I can just stock up on bluebooks and wing it. Good times ahead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

I just found out GOG games are all microtransaction free.  I think I'm in love.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Are gay guys especially uncommon?

No, but there are plenty of places where openly gay people are very rare.
This. The people in my school are extremely anti- ...Well, pretty much everything a fundie has ever spoken out against. Especially homosexuality. To the point I hear almost daily about how much they want to kill the fags.
That place sounds like the anti-me.
Speaking of, I overheard my Homeroom teacher and another student trashtalking atheists and those who believe in evolution the other day. I leaned over and, while smiling, said that I was both. Felt kinda good to defend what I believe in. Or don't, for that matter.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10436 10437 [10438] 10439 10440 ... 13311