Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10451 10452 [10453] 10454 10455 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645763 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Been reading over a lot of my old posts as I delete them. It's been interesting to see how much I've changed, and yet how little, before stripping away the cage.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Been reading over a lot of my old posts as I delete them. It's been interesting to see how much I've changed, and yet how little, before stripping away the cage.
But... but... you're just deleting them? Destroying them?  :(
Those things should be in a museum, for future generations to marvel at!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Don't worry, I'm sure the NSA has preserved them all for posterity. This is a purely selfish gesture, anyway :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Ah, but old posts go hand-in-hand with old memories of lessons learned. If you can't look back and remember what a shit you were, what's the point of it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

To be a part of the world's history! I brought the world out of the Age of the Hydra and Forest Titan once, and it was the best feeling ever!

well i can see why i hate people arguing about 0.40 so much

it was my favorite part of the game 3 years before it was ever included

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Man, nit-picking shit IS geeking out over it.
^This~
My sister and my friend's sister always get pissed at us because after we watch something in the cinema, we have to completely deconstruct it.
They're always going, "IT'S JUST A MOVIE! YOU'RE MEANT TO ENJOY, NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE UNREALISM!"
Deconstructing != complaining, is it? Deconstructing is more of a sign of appreciation: A shitty b-movie has nothing that's worth deconstructing... And movies just are so much more enjoyable when you know how they work, kinda like how music is more interesting when you play an instrument yourself or wine is better if you are a bit of a connoisseur (hey, I actually spelt that right on the first try :D ).

E: Fixed typo :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:18:20 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Man, nit-picking shit IS geeking out over it.
^This~
My sister and my friend's sister always get pissed at us because after we watch something in the cinema, we have to completely deconstruct it.
They're always going, "IT'S JUST A MOVIE! YOU'RE MEANT TO ENJOY, NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE UNREALISM!"
Deconstructing != complaining, is it? Deconstructing is more of a sign of appreciation: A shitty b-movie has nothing that's worth deconstructing... And movies just are so much more enjoyable when you know how they work, kinda like ho music is more interesting when you play an instrument yourself or wine is better if you are a bit of a connoisseur (hey, I actually spelt that right on the first try :D ).
You clearly wasn't listening to enough ho music, then. It tends to impact spelling skills :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Ah, that lovely smell of petrichor.

Shame it's pissing it down, but still. Window's open, nice smell.
DA

I love the smell of rain, it's one of the few things that i can actively feel reducing my stress levels. That, and the sound of rain. c:

Also, this might be a bit of a weird thing to be posting in the happy thread, but i went to the doctor and had confirmed that i'm suffering from anxiety. This goes a long way towards explaining all the difficulty i've been having, and on top of that, a doctors recommendation(?) gives me 50% off on therapy costs, which is always a nice thing. And on top of THAT, my project group at uni seems to understand (or at least tolerate) the fact that my bowels are shitty and can result in me not showing up for the day, which is another nice thing in these vaguely troubled times. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Three whole days of work, so thats nice. Now if only i knew if my application was accepted for the longer job.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

yoink is a pretty grill.

Also: Sim Tower yay! \o/ Love that game.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Oh by the way everyone, I got married on April 2nd. :) My wife and I are and have been living together for about two years now. Just thought ya'll would like to know.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Oh by the way everyone, I got married on April 2nd. :) My wife and I are and have been living together for about two years now. Just thought ya'll would like to know.

Congrats!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

*throws rice*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

* MaximumZero blows a party horn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Hooooly wedding, congrats!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10451 10452 [10453] 10454 10455 ... 13312