Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10519 10520 [10521] 10522 10523 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14566522 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] Yuudachi vs the fanpois (Happy thread? Poi?)
« Reply #157800 on: May 25, 2015, 09:44:37 pm »

This conversation has caused me to remember that I am lonely and have never received cuddles. I am no longer happy. I don't remember what it was I was happy about, either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157801 on: May 25, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »

This conversation has caused me to remember that I am lonely and have never received cuddles. I am no longer happy. I don't remember what it was I was happy about, either.
Welcome to the club.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #157802 on: May 25, 2015, 10:48:28 pm »

I'd ask if you had room for another, but that's probably enough sadness for the poi thread.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #157803 on: May 25, 2015, 10:50:09 pm »

You know if the current content of a topic is distressing it's easier to avoid it for the time being than complain about it. As it is, there's nothing wrong with being sad because you're lonely, but there IS something wrong in letting yourself wallow in it.

There's more to life than just that, poi. Why not experience some of it to relax?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157804 on: May 25, 2015, 10:55:16 pm »

I wasn't trying to wallow in it. That's why I came on happy thread.

Anyways I talked to my counselor today. And I mean talked. Like, meaningful verbal  interaction with another human being. I accomplished jack shit but talking with her is always nice.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157805 on: May 25, 2015, 11:13:41 pm »

verbal interaction is for circles

* Descan hugs Cinder

which are the opposite of squares
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157806 on: May 25, 2015, 11:17:01 pm »

Well, my week of fucking off and refusing to do any work I'm not getting paid for is finally coming to an end, partially because the DLC segment of Deus Ex: Human Revolution inserted into the Director's Cut has completely killed my enthusiasm to finish it1, and partially because I think the professor I'm working with might be getting suspicious.

Found some neat stuff for research, though, so hopefully I can hit the ground running now that I'm rested up. That's the actual happy, here.

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #157807 on: May 26, 2015, 01:16:31 am »

Just beat a nice classic tonight. Nothing like blasting through an underground base, and thoroughly looting it (making all characters max-level as well), and completely owning it so much (including a 100% map coverage), I managed to loot a kitchen, so to speak, on the way out before the self-destruct ran out.

I miss making statements out of the codes, like "Why You Love Bomb?" (7 4 2 5), or "Why You Bomb 'Em?" (7 4 5 1) or even "66 Ate 'Em, You" (6 3 1 4). Kept me entertained throughout the game. Made the codes easier to memorize as well; even better since the order of the input didn't matter, as long as all the characters were typed in, the doors opened.

Zillion for the Sega Master System, if you're wondering. Used to have the original. Actually, I might still have the cartridge (and numerous others, Including the sequel Zillion II: The Tri-Formation, After Burner, Maze Hunter 3-D, Missile Defense 3-D and Blaze Eagle 3-D, Outrun, Alien Syndrome, Hang-On/Safari Hunt, Ghostbusters, Gangster Town, Spy vs. Spy, and so on), but not the original system anymore. What a classic console.

EDIT:
For additional challenge, escape the base with a Level-1 Champ. It is brutal, but not impossible. I've done it before. Extra-brutal; do it on the original console, or play through without savestates (classic Ironman), and finish it that way. Only savestate I made was so I could do the final boss/escape whenever I feel like.

Would be cool to see an updated version of this game. Bring back a classic challenge.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:53:13 am by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157808 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:41 am »

Got to see the enders game movie finally. Not the worst, definitely, and amusing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #157809 on: May 26, 2015, 01:56:53 am »

Got to see the enders game movie finally. Not the worst, definitely, and amusing.
Why do they use spaceships like battering rams?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #157810 on: May 26, 2015, 02:02:34 am »

Because it's fucking awesome (not Ender's Game, but still awesome).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #157811 on: May 26, 2015, 02:13:02 am »

Because it's fucking awesome (not Ender's Game, but still awesome).
That argument can be made. But why on earth would they waste all that time scarring children when there are plenty of OP Korean starcraft players? It's basically air TvZ and there are 100 Koreans whose apm alone would blaze trails in the bugs

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157812 on: May 26, 2015, 02:51:11 am »

Because it's "unexpected"

Also clearly all the Koreans already transcended to a higher plane of existence as gamelords.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157813 on: May 26, 2015, 04:14:11 am »

It makes it so it will automatically butcher corpses instantly. Then my auto-loot will vacuum it all up when I get close.
It's simple and light enough to be attached to anything, as a cloak spell, as a weapon enchantment, as a toggle-able perk etc.
Furthermore it works on everything, from dragons to children.

On the other hand, it felt like I was creating a terror weapon or WMD in Skyrim. Always thinking of how to make it more effective, more efficient, more adaptable; in terms of tearing apart corpses.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157814 on: May 26, 2015, 07:01:14 am »

I just watched a movie about the north pole. There were polar bears and arctic foxes and what-not and they were going around hanging out, then there were these hilarious walruses who got upset at each other messing with the other's girlfriend and got into a brawl, then there was this long period of the politics between the penguin, tundra dogs (Can't remember what they were actually called) and polar bear factions. The tundra dogs were crafty, evil little bastards. Completely ruthless as they seized all the power they could. The polar bears were the sort of rugged, tough bad boy gang; akin to leather-clad human greasers and with a heart of gold deep down. At least, the main guy did, despite his flaws.
He still died at the end, though. Man, that movie got depressing.
He fought a rival, finished them off after a long time on the run, and then he met the love of his life at the train station atop an iceberg and they had a romantic reunion, even as their opiates addiction drove them mad and the icewater rose up to claim their lives. It was pretty romantic.

Then the penguins, now they were sick fucks.
There was a long period of the film that got pretty dark (along with the 'polar bear doomed romance' bit, but that was actually later on) with the evil parent penguins throwing their babies off of cliffs into the water and then giving chase, cackling wildly at the sight of their poor offspring flailing through the air and smacking painfully into the ground.
What horrors were visited upon those poor baby penguins, I do not know.
It's merciful that they cut away before that could happen.

Then the penguins died in their droves when the seasons changed and food became scarce due to the ice melting.
Their horrible civilization crumbled, devolving into infighting and widespread starvation. The penguin people scattered, fleeing their homes in wild desperation, only to be picked off by vicious tundra dogs.
The tundra dogs had seen their chance, and pounced on the penguin kingdom as their society was in its death throes.
It was quite brutal, but honestly I was rooting for the tundra dogs- a shocking thing to realise, after the awful things they were responsible for earlier in the film.

Truly the tundra dogs were a good example of the interesting way the film approached the idea of 'shades of grey', where no-one was truly the good guy, not even the likeable polar bear, whose fuzzy, slightly brash demeanor hid deepset personality problems like a quick temper and jealousy.

At one point one of the dogs broke away from the tribe, stole a car (shaped like a large dog's head, like something a sports mascot would wear) and drove off, picking up his old, bitter enemy the cat along the way for a long, reconciliatory road trip.
I thought this was a bad idea, since a long drive trapped in a car with one other person is a terrible way to try and patch up a relationship, but I believe they made up in the end.

By the end of the film the tundra dogs were the only ones in a good position.
They left the icy lands and went to try their luck claiming new turf in the warmer regions to the south.
It was a really sad movie, but still heartwarming at the same time. The penguin scenes were fucked up though, Serbian Film ain't got nothin' on that.

edit: Someone remind me tomorrow, I can get a "12345" screencap of my logged-in time. :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:23:50 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10519 10520 [10521] 10522 10523 ... 13312