Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10596 10597 [10598] 10599 10600 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545956 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158955 on: June 14, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »

Am I the only one that legitimately just dislikes the flavor and/or aftertaste of alcohol?

Nope. Still underage, so small experiment sample sizes, but what contact I HAVE had with alcohol indicates that it tastes terribad.
I dislike the taste of alcohol as well, but when you come of age, try some hard cider. Mike's Hard Lemonade is pretty tasty to me. It doesn't have much alcohol in it, so it won't get you that drunk, but it'll probably give you a mild buzz.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158956 on: June 14, 2015, 07:02:46 pm »

I use a nip to clear my head whilst writing assignments, steady my hand whilst painting or to mix in with lemon and honey for homemade panacea.

Otherwise I am a devout social drinker.

Am I the only one that legitimately just dislikes the flavor and/or aftertaste of alcohol?

People make alcohols which only barely taste like alcohol. In this way we are weaned onto the flavor.

The first time I drank beer and liked it was after being the rig-monkey changing a busted length of pipe under a windmill.
I was very tired, I was very thirsty and so dry that a coke would've tasted like molasses. Bitter was the greatest thing I'd ever tasted right then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:05:23 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #158957 on: June 14, 2015, 07:08:31 pm »

My stomach doesn't like any noticable amounts of alcohol, so at least i have a physical reason to not be drinking my brains out. :v (the other reason being that i don't particularly enjoy being drunk, despite how it helps me be more social)

Also TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. Nice things happened in here, and out in meatspace, i got some baller presents, among them a Raspberry Pi and a GeForce 960. I also successfully installed CyanogenMod on my phone, so now it runs pretty nicely again. :D

also cake and hot chocolate

LOTS OF IT
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158958 on: June 14, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

Also I learned that I kinda enjoy drinking if it's with friends :o
Wait, how else would you do it?
In peace :P

Though I am kinda happy with cutting back.  I went three days without and didn't have much urge.  I did feel a bit irritable this morning, but there were other reasons for that...  Currently drinking a little during DND.

In particular, dancing to cool music videos doesn't seem to be any less fun sober :o

Cheap beer tastes bad, my chosen brand is practically tasteless.  I've had some really tasty hard cider though.  And the nearby brewery has some delicious ones.  I like the exceptionally bitter ones the best (I still have trouble sensing flavors) though of the sweeter lighter ones are good too.

I tried to drink a bottle of Arbor Mist once.  I was so desperate to get buzzed that night, but just couldn't bear it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158959 on: June 14, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

I honestly just recently realized that I should treat it like any other recreational drug. You generally don't smoke weed because it tastes good, do you? You smoke weed to hang out and get high with your friends.
I also found that I enjoy being drunk more than being high. Weed just made my anxiety spike. Booze made my anxiety dissipate somewhat.
You kinda sound like me. Though a glass or two among friends without the intention to get more than lightly inebriated can be great, too - doing that with a joint would be hella weird.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #158960 on: June 14, 2015, 07:42:45 pm »

I'm 32, and still find the taste of alcohol revolting.  It's what I imagine a mixture of earwax and gasoline would taste like.  I can somewhat enjoy very weak drinks, like wine coolers or hard lemonade, but that's clearly not for the alcohol content.  I decided once that I might as well experience an alcohol buzz, so I drank some stronger vodka + cranberry juice than I normally would and forced my way through the taste.  Just enough to get mildly disoriented.  It was enjoyable for like 10 minutes, and then I felt like crap for a couple hours after.  I don't get it, and probably never will.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158961 on: June 14, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »

Feeling better, yay.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #158962 on: June 14, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #158963 on: June 14, 2015, 07:48:21 pm »

But mankind drinks, all over the world!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158964 on: June 14, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »

I drink.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:55:19 pm by Ultimuh »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158965 on: June 14, 2015, 07:50:47 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
Pretty sure Bruce Wayne drinks. Can't be a billionaire playboy and not drink, even if it's only on social occasions.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158966 on: June 14, 2015, 07:51:28 pm »

He said Batman, not Bruce Wayne. What are you on about?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158967 on: June 14, 2015, 07:53:12 pm »

Drinking != drinking hard liquor. Anything harder than a (Belgian) beer is unnecessary IMO, and generally tastes bad.

Oh, and when drinking beer, spend a few bucks and get some decent stuff. Some nice pils or Kölsch or weizen - that last one's rather strange-tasting in a good way, but very nutritious -, or maybe even a Belgian Trappist beer - though that's almost wine- or rose water-like, in a heavenly delicious way.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158968 on: June 14, 2015, 07:54:14 pm »

All it means is that Bruce Wayne doesn't drink while working. That's not laudable in any way, it's just good sense.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #158969 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
Pretty sure Bruce Wayne drinks. Can't be a billionaire playboy and not drink, even if it's only on social occasions.
Wikipedia disagrees.
In public, he pretends to be a heavy drinker, using ginger ale to suggest champagne and liberally serving alcohol to guests that he never actually consumes himself. In reality, he is a strict teetotaler concerned to maintain top physical fitness and mental acuity.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10596 10597 [10598] 10599 10600 ... 13312