Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10597 10598 [10599] 10600 10601 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545915 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158970 on: June 14, 2015, 07:57:08 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
Pretty sure Bruce Wayne drinks. Can't be a billionaire playboy and not drink, even if it's only on social occasions.
Wikipedia disagrees.
In public, he pretends to be a heavy drinker, using ginger ale to suggest champagne and liberally serving alcohol to guests that he never actually consumes himself. In reality, he is a strict teetotaler concerned to maintain top physical fitness and mental acuity.
Well, shit. Thanks for setting me straight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #158971 on: June 14, 2015, 07:59:19 pm »

My booze tastes range from what's available to me, and the occasion.

Chilling out, beer. Socializing (or rapid-buzz), wine or liquor (whiskey or Jagermeister). Burned out, but still want booze, drink what would complement the mood/attitude (sweet to counter bitter mood, and vice-versa). Herbal enrichment alongside if games may be involved (to enrich the experience, and to research it's effects further). Somehow, I've relaxed way more when like that to the point I'm amazed I play as well as I do (or have more fun losing, at least).

I guess I'm the Iron Man of drinking and such. Drinking in theme with a game also works (beer for FPS, Wine for adventure, and so on, and liquor for driving games and space sims).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:36:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158972 on: June 14, 2015, 07:59:53 pm »

I use a nip to clear my head whilst writing assignments, steady my hand whilst painting or to mix in with lemon and honey for homemade panacea.

Otherwise I am a devout social drinker.

Am I the only one that legitimately just dislikes the flavor and/or aftertaste of alcohol?

People make alcohols which only barely taste like alcohol. In this way we are weaned onto the flavor.

The first time I drank beer and liked it was after being the rig-monkey changing a busted length of pipe under a windmill.
I was very tired, I was very thirsty and so dry that a coke would've tasted like molasses. Bitter was the greatest thing I'd ever tasted right then.

S'truth. Outside of social occasions I only find myself drinking when I'm doing manual labor. Back when I was working as a deckhand I drank pretty much every night, enough to put me out, but when I'm at university or doing light work I don't drink at all.

But seriously, I found out my favorite way to into drinking last summer: small-group of people you like and trust (there were just five of us who were regulars, three girls and one other guy, plus a few people who occasionally showed), casual. Just about every night after classes we'd all meet up in this lounge we had and start off with drinking games to get moderately fucked quick. Then pair off and cuddle, and drink heavily for about two Disney movies worth of time, and then... We did that for a couple weeks just about every night, and it was hands-down some of the most fun I've ever had.

'course, it helps to be a happy drunk. Once I get past tipsy I just start giggling at everything until I hit my limit and fall asleep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158973 on: June 14, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »

Sounds like my entire family. Everyone gets giddy, then they all go to bed. Free TV for me is never a bad deal.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #158974 on: June 14, 2015, 08:26:10 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:21:43 am by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #158975 on: June 14, 2015, 08:27:18 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
I looked up Batman facts to prove you wrong but it turns out he is indeed a teetotaller.

Wayne supports philanthropic causes through his nonprofit Wayne Foundation but is more widely known as a celebrity socialite.In public Wayne pretends to be a heavy drinker, using ginger ale to suggest champagne and liberally serving intoxicating beverages to guests that he never actually consumes himself. In reality, he is a strict teetotaler concerned to maintain top physical fitness and mental acuity. In public Wayne appears frequently in the company of fashionable women to encourage tabloid gossip. In reality there is less than meets the eye: though he leads an active romantic life, crime-fighting activities account for most of his night hours.

Darn.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #158976 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »

Just got 2 new fuzzy residents (cats) joining the household. Hopefully the current one doesn't mind their presence.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158977 on: June 14, 2015, 08:59:39 pm »

Batman doesn't drink.

Neither will I.
I looked up Batman facts to prove you wrong but it turns out he is indeed a teetotaller.
Not exactly. One of the various story arcs involving an older bruce starts off with him as a straight up alcoholic. Dark Knight Returns, I think. Batman isn't actually a teetotaler, per se, he just doesn't drink because of the whole peak physical condition thing. If he's lost reason to maintain that, he's not particularly adverse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158978 on: June 14, 2015, 09:03:15 pm »

It's official: Batman's a nerd.

I actually wish I had started drinking underage, back when that's what all the 'cool kids' I hated so much were doing.
If I'd found this magical cure balm for my social hopelessness back then my highschool years could have been so much less painful. :-\

And dang, I had a happy/something more cheerful that I was going to reply to, but I had to do several pages worth of catching up and have forgotten it. Seeing my name used as a verb with regards to drinking heavily makes me kinda Happy, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158979 on: June 14, 2015, 09:20:43 pm »

Then pair off and cuddle
Did you rotate?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158980 on: June 14, 2015, 09:23:25 pm »

Then pair off and cuddle
Did you rotate?
Nah, it settled into the same arrangement after the first night.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #158981 on: June 14, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »

Oh God oh God oh God.  Piratez extended came out tooddaaaayyyy. Fuuuck right as I got skyrim all set up too.

NOW what do I play?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #158982 on: June 14, 2015, 09:48:12 pm »

NOW what do I play?
Both. At the same time. Splitscreen style.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #158983 on: June 14, 2015, 09:49:38 pm »

I'm not really the life of parties. I've never been drunk, which might not sound much for a 17-year-old, but pretty much everyone else 13 and above in my town has, and many drink every weekend. I need to keep my head clear and stay aware, though granted, I'm very stressed in general. I just don't like the idea of suppressing my thinking with toxic chemicals just because it would be 'fun'.
Caffeine, on the other hand, I try to use sparingly to stop myself from growing a tolerance, thus I save it for late-night-deadline-tomorrow schoolwork. Most, including my parents, find this weird, as apparently coffee-drinking is a sign of adulthood.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158984 on: June 14, 2015, 09:55:03 pm »

Found old cell phones with old pictures on them. Time will allow me to transfer them, hopefully.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10597 10598 [10599] 10600 10601 ... 13312