Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10868 10869 [10870] 10871 10872 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14617361 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163035 on: September 24, 2015, 11:05:02 pm »

MORE CAKEVIOLATION
MOOORE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163036 on: September 24, 2015, 11:06:17 pm »

No violation. Only punching.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163037 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:59 pm »

CAKEBOXING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163038 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:55 pm »

32? You're practically the oldest person on the forums.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163039 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:26 pm »

Did anyone say cakeviolation?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*thunderous applause*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163040 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:24 pm »

"You get a cake! You get a cake! Everybody gets a cake!"

--

Unrelated: In grad school now. Still getting perfect and near-perfect scores on papers I halfassed the night before the due date. Glad to see that nothing is going to change.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163041 on: September 25, 2015, 12:51:47 am »

She's even vibrating

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163042 on: September 25, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

Unrelated: In grad school now. Still getting perfect and near-perfect scores on papers I halfassed the night before the due date. Glad to see that nothing is going to change.  ::)
Right? What department are you in? Turns out the engineering classes I'm in actually have plenty of work, and there's shitloads of reading in any topic that contributes to my general edification but not a whit to my grades (which I do because I realized it's literally what I'm paying for). But the actual writing for any liberal arts class (yay political science) is basically trivial because basically nobody knows how to write at any level of education, so I just look good by comparison. I'm not even particularly clever, I just write like this but with less profanity, slang, filler words, and familiar phrasing, and also slightly fewer run-on sentences. The only challenge is when there's a meaningful page maximum because being concise is part of the point, and there's only one guy around here who even seems to think that's a virtue.

I mean, shit, the only reason I don't have a 4.0 is law classes. Friggin' A-, why are you even a grade.

Ah, but seriously, you probably do need to do a lot of source finding ahead of time for the semester-long projects. If you're in the hard sciences, though, I've got no relevant comments to make.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163043 on: September 25, 2015, 12:55:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dat art @_@
* Tiruin is happy at the art. :D
Nice work too, Tawa. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163044 on: September 25, 2015, 01:12:10 am »

And then deschan's eye was punctured by a cherry stem, and tiruin was iimpressed. All was right in the world.

Besides the glaring lack of Maximumzero punching cake cannonballs out of the air.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163045 on: September 25, 2015, 01:22:14 am »

Right? What department are you in? Turns out the engineering classes I'm in actually have plenty of work, and there's shitloads of reading in any topic that contributes to my general edification but not a whit to my grades (which I do because I realized it's literally what I'm paying for). But the actual writing for any liberal arts class (yay political science) is basically trivial because basically nobody knows how to write at any level of education, so I just look good by comparison. I'm not even particularly clever, I just write like this but with less profanity, slang, filler words, and familiar phrasing, and also slightly fewer run-on sentences. The only challenge is when there's a meaningful page maximum because being concise is part of the point, and there's only one guy around here who even seems to think that's a virtue.

I mean, shit, the only reason I don't have a 4.0 is law classes. Friggin' A-, why are you even a grade.

Ah, but seriously, you probably do need to do a lot of source finding ahead of time for the semester-long projects. If you're in the hard sciences, though, I've got no relevant comments to make.
Library & Information Science.

I mean, to be fair, if there are two things I'm good at, it'd be writing and researching. I didn't really get it for a long time -- from my perspective I was just sitting down and churning out material that was "good enough". Eventually, though, I started peer-reviewing (my god, this right here? Anyone out there, if you aren't finished with your undergraduate studies already, heed this warning: If you enjoy writing or reading at all, never in your life take a creative writing class. Peer-reviewing for anything will hurt you inside, but doing it for those will break your soul.), participating in discussion boards for online classes, and reading a lot of articles that made it into print, which is about when I had my epiphany. The only time I ever felt as if I worked to put a piece of writing together was for my undergraduate thesis, and that's mostly attributable to my advisor being hypercompetent and thoroughly dedicated, my major being small enough that she was focusing on a total of six people for that year, and the fact that it was an unholy interdisciplinary mashup of English lit and poly sci.

That said, I'm definitely in agreement regarding readings. Even more so since I'm attending online and only one of my professors even bothers to post lecture notes. Thankfully the issue of length limits hasn't really been a thing for me; one of my first poly sci professors freshman year gave a lot of assignments that were one-page policy papers that lost letter grades if you went over, never had trouble abbreviating my writing after that. Definitely wish that high schools didn't push filler and padding so much, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #163046 on: September 25, 2015, 01:49:19 am »

Are we gonna customize the pic for everyone's birthday now? That would be amazing
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163047 on: September 25, 2015, 01:53:12 am »

Are we gonna customize the pic for everyone's birthday now? That would be amazing
ohhellyes
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163048 on: September 25, 2015, 02:08:53 am »

ohhellyes
* Orange Wizard throws money at his computer screen.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 10868 10869 [10870] 10871 10872 ... 13312