Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10898 10899 [10900] 10901 10902 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546595 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163485 on: October 05, 2015, 06:26:46 pm »

It's my favorite movie, on account of the fact that I laughed through the entire thing the first time I watched it.
I know what you mean. One of my earlier posts here was an "ironic appreciation club" thread for it. In hindsight I think the "ironic" part was a means of covering my own ass against accusations of poor taste, because it's honestly fucking hilarious.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #163486 on: October 05, 2015, 06:35:25 pm »

It's my favorite movie, on account of the fact that I laughed through the entire thing the first time I watched it.
I know what you mean. One of my earlier posts here was an "ironic appreciation club" thread for it. In hindsight I think the "ironic" part was a means of covering my own ass against accusations of poor taste, because it's honestly fucking hilarious.
Oh my gosh, what's this Turkish Matrix linked to in that thread?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163487 on: October 05, 2015, 06:37:23 pm »

Took a test for my programming class. That was fun. Or at least the programming section was fun. The multiple choice was multiple choice.

Feels good to take a test and feel confident that you aced it.
Yeah.  I frequently start working on things for my programming class IN ADVANCE.

Yeah, multiple choice doesn't do fun.  :(

To put this in context, I am a procrastinator to the core.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163488 on: October 05, 2015, 07:02:18 pm »

I...I just watched the first 20 minutes or so. This is the most incoherent, poorly edited thing I've ever seen. It's not "so bad, it's good", it's so bad that it redefines the very notion of "bad", and by extension makes every other film that has ever been made or ever will be made, better.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #163489 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »

I...I just watched the first 20 minutes or so. This is the most incoherent, poorly edited thing I've ever seen. It's not "so bad, it's good", it's so bad that it redefines the very notion of "bad", and by extension makes every other film that has ever been made or ever will be made, better.
Oh, you've only seen about two of the fight scenes then. You haven't gotten to the really funny fight scenes yet. I assume you had the subtitles on?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #163490 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »

i'm not sure what emotion this is so i'll post it here because this is closest

I just saw someone ask a question wanting to know an algorithm, be told that the algorithm to answer the question is the traveling salesman problem... and then thank them, that's exactly what they were looking for

technically true, but you should be at least a little disappointed in that, heh

i guess it's like some sort of appreciation of dramatic irony

like "oh woe is them once they realize that shit's factorials, yo"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163491 on: October 06, 2015, 01:02:38 am »

I played through The Beginner's Guide, and while I was hoping for something more on par with The Stanley Parable, it was a nice little experience. Honestly it's more like an interactive movie than a game. It is perfectly linear, the pace of the game is strictly controlled, it tells a coherent story, it's basically a movie. The playtime is even roughly 90 minutes and the price is on par with going to see a movie.

I thought it was really sentimental, but it got what it wanted to say across and I was happy to pay attention to it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #163492 on: October 06, 2015, 06:15:37 am »

I have decided to name the tiny frog that is always sitting on the mailbox of one of my customers "Captain Ginyu"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163493 on: October 06, 2015, 08:48:01 am »

Oh, you've only seen about two of the fight scenes then. You haven't gotten to the really funny fight scenes yet. I assume you had the subtitles on?
Even better, I saw a version that had Spanish subtitles. I think it probably made more sense that way.

The "skeletons" just made me facepalm. I've seen better Halloween costumes. And the fight scenes were obviously sped-up footage, which made it seem like a Benny Hill routine set to the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163495 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:26 am »

Renewable power is now cheaper to build than fossil in Germany and the UK. Pretty happy about this, hoping it spreads.
From the URL, I thought that someone had managed to harness solar wind for power and started to wonder just how that had happened :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163496 on: October 06, 2015, 11:52:48 am »

Renewable power is now cheaper to build than fossil in Germany and the UK. Pretty happy about this, hoping it spreads.
From the URL, I thought that someone had managed to harness solar wind for power and started to wonder just how that had happened :P

Just build wind turbines tall enough to reach space, dude.
Simple.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163497 on: October 06, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

Boop. :3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163498 on: October 06, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »

Boop. :3
But it hasn't happened yet. Folks have come up with some ideas to possibly harness solar wind, that's all :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #163499 on: October 06, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

I wonder how that satellite design works against the push from the wind it is catching. That's honestly one of the big problems you run into with "capture the solar wind" ideas, the fact that the solar wind actually exerts a physical pressure, so if you don't provide some sort of counterforce to it (be that through rocket fuel burning or whatever) then your satellite won't be able to remain in a stationary location and thus will slip out of alignment.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 10898 10899 [10900] 10901 10902 ... 13312