Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10942 10943 [10944] 10945 10946 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383672 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #164145 on: October 22, 2015, 01:59:50 pm »

It's definitely in other commonwealth countries too. I doubt any English-speaking country except America calls college "school". (well possibly Canada too, but those guys got infected by the virus)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:01:27 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #164146 on: October 22, 2015, 02:02:45 pm »

Aussies do it, for sure. Not here, though, we call it varsity.

Just watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's pretty good, actually, and I really liked the score. Much better than most animated movies' scores, anyway.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164147 on: October 22, 2015, 02:04:34 pm »

It IS an educational establishment, I don't see why it's not a school.  Eh.
See also: xxx University School of Y.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164148 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:36 pm »

I typically skip Monster Madness and all of the non-AVGN, non-James & Mike stuff that Cinemassacre does for Halloween. I'm not really a big fan of horror films and classic monsters, since that's not the sort of film I spent a lot of my youth watching. However, I really liked the Halloween Specials episode of Monster Madness.

I actually like James and Mike videos more than AVGN most days. The latest AVGN episodes were really funny, but there's also a lot of boring, by-the-numbers AVGN videos too. Just watching them talk about stuff that they really, really like and are passionate about is fun in itself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164149 on: October 22, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »

"university school of x". In this case "school" means "faculty" or "field of study". It's a different semantic meaning of school altogether. See for example the "Austrian School". Which is not a school at all: it's an ideology.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:14:25 pm by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164150 on: October 22, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »

In Canada, we split College and University into different things (college would be more community colleges, university things like University of Toronto/Guelph, 4 year programs instead of 2)

Dunno if we call it "school" though, never noticed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164151 on: October 22, 2015, 02:20:12 pm »

In Canada, we split College and University into different things (college would be more community colleges, university things like University of Toronto/Guelph, 4 year programs instead of 2)

Dunno if we call it "school" though, never noticed.
I think I'd call it school randomly in conversation, I'd definitely understand if someone else did. I'm constantly confused by the American usage of the word College.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164152 on: October 22, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »

Watched the new Star Wars trailer.

Then watched John Boyega's reaction video to the new Star Wars trailer.

THAT is pure joy. That is a man having a nerdgasm the rest of us can merely dream of.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164153 on: October 22, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »

I just had my old GM and his brother visit, hung out for a few hours.  In my place!  Was pretty unexpected, only found out they were in town yesterday!

Basically I continue to be amazed at how anxious I'm NOT getting with all the recent social interaction.  Almost a week of my bro visiting, a few days at his place, visiting the fair, *one* day of peaceful aloneness, then today this.  I feel more like a healthy human being than I have in years.

I kinda figured I'd want to play "how much rum can I down in one drought" about now, but I actually really don't.  I even tried to get drunk yesterday but failed out of disinterest.  I feel... good!  I even feel like I could meet someone new someday soon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164154 on: October 22, 2015, 04:21:44 pm »

I just had my old GM and his brother visit, hung out for a few hours.  In my place!  Was pretty unexpected, only found out they were in town yesterday!

Basically I continue to be amazed at how anxious I'm NOT getting with all the recent social interaction.  Almost a week of my bro visiting, a few days at his place, visiting the fair, *one* day of peaceful aloneness, then today this.  I feel more like a healthy human being than I have in years.

I kinda figured I'd want to play "how much rum can I down in one drought" about now, but I actually really don't.  I even tried to get drunk yesterday but failed out of disinterest.  I feel... good!  I even feel like I could meet someone new someday soon.
Congratulations on socialization!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164155 on: October 22, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »

Good progress Rolan, glad to see that you are feeling better about dealing with people.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164156 on: October 22, 2015, 05:29:44 pm »

I bought a very large coat today. It's big enough to cover my knees. I can't get on my bicycle with it(probably), but if I'm wearing it, I couldn't get on my bike anyway.

Watched the new Star Wars trailer.

Best comment:

Spoiler: And one of the replies (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #164157 on: October 22, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »

While my life in general is very screwed up, I am grateful for a good friend I have now. We met through another friend and she's ever so accepting of my being secretly transgender. More amazing, her husband is wonderful about the entire thing and I'm actually not afraid of him (Note: I have had terrible experiences with straight men when hanging out with women, and he knows this). He's nice to me. I am glad our schedules line up nicely as well.

They both seem to accept me and my various issues, emotional, privacy/secrecy (especially about being trans and liking men). He has no problem with the platonic cuddling / movie watching we do. He's also aware and doesn't seem to have a problem with me wearing dresses / skirts in his living room with her. I'm still (partially because of hectic life) not wearing them around him (because I'm still anxious / have had bad things happen before). She also had me at her nice, small, tame bachelorette party, which was actually quite lovely.

It really helps with the emotional problems, the PTSD, the depression, and the anxiety, and we both emotionally benefit. More astonishingly, her husband seems to be happy she's feeling better since I started hanging around. He's actively trying to be my friend, which is so flabbergasting to me that I don't know how to handle it. I'm still in a not good place and won't be coming out for quite some time, because doing so isn't safe. That sucks, but is what I have to work with.

It's far from perfect. Also, her lovely and regular availability won't last forever, so hanging out will become less often. For a little while, it is nice.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #164158 on: October 22, 2015, 07:37:32 pm »

I can finally read poetry, huzzah.

I have been told on numerous occasions that my reading is monotonous. Thankfully, being around tutors in my poetry module and listening to them read it has meant I no longer sound like I'm vocally vomiting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164159 on: October 22, 2015, 07:39:17 pm »

Truean gets to meet normal nice people? +1.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 10942 10943 [10944] 10945 10946 ... 13310