Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10961 10962 [10963] 10964 10965 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562655 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164430 on: October 27, 2015, 03:53:39 pm »

Helgo do you not cri evertim?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164431 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:03 pm »

It was mostly just the ending that got me. Had a good time. Felt awesome.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #164432 on: October 27, 2015, 04:12:35 pm »

Oh no I regret my purchase.

Not really I feel like a game I've heard basically nothing bad about is a fair gamble for ten euros.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164433 on: October 27, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »

The spoiler below covers what got me. Technically, it does not spoil the events of the plot. However, it does spoil the gradual process of realization I had to come to over the course of playing through it, and like a joke's punchline, it doesn't sound all that interesting without that leadup, but at the same time knowing where it's "supposed" to be going can make the buildup itself a lot less interesting if you do decide to go through with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164434 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »

I cried a little at the end of Iji... Then replayed it maybe a dozen times since.
Still haven't gotten to Undertale, I want some time for it without distractions. Sounds perfect for me though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164435 on: October 27, 2015, 04:24:25 pm »

obviously I wasn't literally in tears at any point, but the happy ending inspires that WAFF that I love so much, while the neutral ending scratches the melancholic itch of a child growing in an uncaring world that I usually take care of with Adventure Time or some of the more brutal episodes of Steven Universe.

The no mercy run is more classically horrific in a gothic/lovecraftian sense, and I don't have any compulsion to get that ending

I'll spoil the thing that affected me the most which was

TL;DR Come for the WAFF stay for the depth of gameplay

EDIT: also beating Undertale and Wolfenstein has made me want to beat more games. Not sure whether the next one should be Zone of the Enders or something like RE4 or Persona 4 that I haven't played in many moons

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #164436 on: October 27, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »

Tbh it sort of makes me sad that you have to be literally hitler to fight a boss to the sound of megalovania, apparently.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164437 on: October 27, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

Met with employment agency today. Now it is only a matter of time before INFINITE INCOME minimum-wage job. Hopefully.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164438 on: October 27, 2015, 04:39:33 pm »

wait

infinite income isn't how it works?

shit

i shouldn't have taken out that aleph-loan

the cosmic loan sharks are gonna be pissed
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #164439 on: October 27, 2015, 05:03:03 pm »

obviously I wasn't literally in tears at any point, but the happy ending inspires that WAFF that I love so much, while the neutral ending scratches the melancholic itch of a child growing in an uncaring world that I usually take care of with Adventure Time or some of the more brutal episodes of Steven Universe.

The no mercy run is more classically horrific in a gothic/lovecraftian sense, and I don't have any compulsion to get that ending

EDIT: also beating Undertale and Wolfenstein has made me want to beat more games. Not sure whether the next one should be Zone of the Enders or something like RE4 or Persona 4 that I haven't played in many moons

The thing that was in the spoilers got me.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #164440 on: October 27, 2015, 05:06:49 pm »

Mmm. Trying the Undertale demo, I don't get what all the hype's about.
Granted, I may not be far enough in for it, but it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea so far. We'll see, I guess.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164441 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:17 pm »

It's 9 months after cold weather (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).

Nothing gets your babymaking going like freezing your ass off and wanting to be in immediate proximity of another human's body heat.
October is approximately 9 months away from Valentine's Day.

Apparently all that cheesy romance crap does get you in the sack.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164442 on: October 27, 2015, 05:23:03 pm »

The thing that was in the spoilers got me.

I managed to make zero decisions that I regretted my first time around, so I never got the opportunity. The first time I actually saw any effects like that, I was well into the game. And still pretty impressed. Also, the boss that I was fighting was kickass anyway. And the boss after that did the same thing and was also incredibly kickass.

but yes okay when it comes to undertale i will recommend something:

Do you like Earthbound's kind of humor? You'll probably like it.

Do you like JRPGs? You'll probably like it.

Do you like Homestuck? You'll probably like it.

Do you think that a game is trying too hard to make you laugh if it ever makes jokes? You'll probably hate it, but on the other hand you probably hate anything that's funny. (I only include this because it's a real criticism I've seen)

Do you not like it when a game comments on the way you play? Probably won't like it.

Do you not like happy things? Well, at least the game accommodates you there, but if you play as people recommend, it's gonna be happy (This is the most-quoted criticism I've seen).

Do you not get attached to characters at all? I wouldn't recommend it, then (this is the most valid criticism I've seen).

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164443 on: October 27, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »

I actually kind of enjoy my job, after 2 weeks working there. Even when everything goes awful.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164444 on: October 27, 2015, 07:34:05 pm »

Oooh my GOD, Undertale is happy. So wonderfully happy. I nearly got a heart attack from the pure sweetness and smiling I did.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10961 10962 [10963] 10964 10965 ... 13312