Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10988 10989 [10990] 10991 10992 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14520172 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164835 on: November 06, 2015, 04:17:52 pm »

Also XP can be much harder to install from flash, because when XP was released, flash memory hasn't replaced DVDs yet. Just a little warning.

Also Win7's interface is actually much more useful if you're a compulsive person who tends to open windows and then never closes them to the point of where you have dozens of windows all at the same time, because in this case, it conserves a lot of space. I'm sure I'm not the only person who does that.
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #164836 on: November 06, 2015, 04:23:50 pm »

Also XP can be much harder to install from flash, because when XP was released, flash memory hasn't replaced DVDs yet. Just a little warning.

Also Win7's interface is actually much more useful if you're a compulsive person who tends to open windows and then never closes them to the point of where you have dozens of windows all at the same time, because in this case, it conserves a lot of space. I'm sure I'm not the only person who does that.

I have a distributive of XP that was specifically made to install from usb stick, I checked out this guy's website and according to people's reviews it works. So fingers crossed.

Not that type of guy :)
I usually have, like, 3 windows open simultaneously, five tops.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164837 on: November 06, 2015, 04:25:19 pm »

Either way, going backwards in windows isn't the greatest idea when you could jsut disable aero.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #164838 on: November 06, 2015, 04:31:46 pm »

I'll do that. I'll figure out how to do that, then I'll do that. Thanks for your advice!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164839 on: November 06, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »

Yeah on a few occasions I had to install a special XP with SP3 slipstreamed in, because otherwise it would load the installer to a certain point then realize "wait, what's a usb stick?  where's all my data!?".  Or maybe it was a USB cdrom drive it wasn't recognizing, was a while ago.

And oh, yeah I actually have it group related windows on the task bar.  That feature is nice!  It's just a tiny task bar with tiny icons, all grey and rectangular and not-see-through :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164840 on: November 06, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

Depends on how much... jam she would have licked off. I mean, bad things can happen when too much jam is removed from your system.

Sorry, but I just don't trust... jam enthusiasts.

Hey, with my forays into vampirism(Daggerfall notwithstanding oh wait, I always went lycanthrope), I never managed to kill someone like that, even with repeated attempts on the same person.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164841 on: November 06, 2015, 08:47:31 pm »

i won a thing and it was great fun

also i walked out of the building with like 5 bags of various herbal teas

they didn't say "all you can drink here"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:56:33 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #164842 on: November 06, 2015, 08:51:11 pm »

Got MGS Snake Eater 3D and Tomodachi Life the other day. Enjoying them immensely.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164843 on: November 06, 2015, 09:00:21 pm »

Re: tea
Niiiiice :P  And congrats, Bauglir!
I still have a T-shirt from a somewhat similar but smaller competition back in college...  I think 2008?  It has a stain but I love it so.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164844 on: November 06, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »

That reminds me! They're gonna mail us all hoodies, too. the swag don't stop
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164845 on: November 06, 2015, 09:08:32 pm »

Grats Bauglir!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164846 on: November 06, 2015, 09:35:17 pm »

In Snowman in Mother 1, They had 3 notes to work on the NES used one of them on a countermelody that's just the melody a dotted eighth note later. Since the song's in 6/8, that sounds like half a click when you tap your foot, but it's... 1.5 clicks when you tap to the eighth note melody. It's completely and utterly bizarre. It sounds really friggin good.

there's also Factory, which uses pitched noise as a sort of melodyish thing.

LISTEN TO HOW LIVELY THIS SHIT IS GODDAMN

also it had a friggin studio soundtrack

god that song is 198X as shit

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #164847 on: November 07, 2015, 12:35:48 am »

Haven't played guitar in weeks. Played for a couple hours today. Was fun. I should play more guitar instead of vidya gaems.

My seven string was surprisingly well tuned despite sitting in my closet unplayed for over a year. Only a half-step off.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164848 on: November 07, 2015, 12:42:30 am »

Someone I knew a while ago hit me up (:
And I helped my ex get 100% on Far Cry 3.  It's sooo dumb that he wants to 100% games, but I have to admit I had fun playing it co-op again.
especially with him
he's still a jerk but only to other people, argh

But it wasn't as fun as player Sniper Elite with my brother yesterday!!
She/they

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #164849 on: November 07, 2015, 02:10:29 am »

so
the new call of duty
it
uh

it's been one of the most pleasantly suprising games all year, to be honest. The story so far (I'm about on the third mission) has shown frankly astonishing levels of self awareness so far, with the first level being a bait and switch that tricks you into thinking that this is going to be another bog standard gunmanshoot-butwithdronesIII and then WHAM holy moly is this a good gameplay mix of titanfall traversal with the more arcadey feel of COD and OH MY is this an actually tightly held together narrative?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
IS THIS A FUCKING HUB WORLD?
WHO GAVE YOU THESE IDEAS YOU SON OF A BITCH, WAS IT METAL GEAR V? WOLFENSTEIN?
oh my god is this the fabled character interaction
my created avatar has actually been given fucking personality
what the hell is this shit treyarch is that a cute web browser that lets you learn more about the universe in a confusing ME codex sort of way? why does the CIA website have a kid's section?
what is this? Combat immersion? wow this reminds me of the VR missions from MGRR in all the good ways and OH MY GOODNESS THERE'S EVEN A LITTLE OBSTACLE COURSE MODE

fr though this game is about 400% better so far than any call of duty game has any right to be, i'll report back once I finish the campaign like a true god fearing individual before diving into the multiplayer
Pages: 1 ... 10988 10989 [10990] 10991 10992 ... 13311