Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10990 10991 [10992] 10993 10994 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645404 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164865 on: November 07, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »

I finished reading up to the current point of that. Katia is probably one of my favorite character ideas ever.

Maybe one I get my PC actually working again, my next character in Oblivion will be an Atronach-born mage, just to see how that plays out.

Switched to windows 8. Was entering password. Yellow warning appears : you have caps lock turned on. WOW. Finally, they invented this.

It's been a thing since Vista at least, quite possibly XP.

I don't recall if my PC(which has Vista) does it, but my netbook(Windows 7) certainly does. Because for some reason Caps lock keeps turning on when I put the lid down(which also requires a password to return after opening it).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #164866 on: November 07, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »

Oh man, if only i had the patience to read through things like Prequel and Homestuck, i hear so many good things! :I

also apparently my tummy is already back to being both normal and ravenously hungry* so that's cool

* My various bowel conditions and/or anxiety apparently mess with my ability to feel hunger, so it usually only shows up when i'm pretty much starving OR when my tummy is feeling particularly good, which gives me an unusual relationship with the sensation. Of course, being hungry is never nice, but on the other hand, it's actually pretty rare for me to feel it, especially without it disappearing within 5-10 minutes and being replaced by discomfort and/or reflux. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164867 on: November 07, 2015, 07:00:34 pm »

Homestuck isn't actually that good, it's just got a rabid fanbase.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164868 on: November 07, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »

NO WE AREN'T
I'M JUST TYPING LIKE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS, I'M NOT ACTUALLY MAD
:P
(To be clear, this is meant to be self deprecating.  Heck, I don't recommend Homestuck to my friends anymore because it's soooo dang long.  The ones who would like it, already like it.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:04:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164869 on: November 07, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »

I lost patience with Prequel after the author screwed over Katia for the zillionth time, despite basically every suggestion trying desperately to turn the situation around. It had a lot of pretty good ideas, and occasionally very nice artwork, but...to slightly misquote HAL, sometimes the only winning move is not to read. I can only stand to see the main character get shat upon by the universe so many times.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #164870 on: November 07, 2015, 07:18:21 pm »

I lost patience with Prequel after the author screwed over Katia for the zillionth time, despite basically every suggestion trying desperately to turn the situation around. It had a lot of pretty good ideas, and occasionally very nice artwork, but...to slightly misquote HAL, sometimes the only winning move is not to read. I can only stand to see the main character get shat upon by the universe so many times.
Fun fact, it seems Katia is just starting to turn it all around, she just kicked a buff imps ass and is finally out of debt!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164871 on: November 07, 2015, 07:19:42 pm »

after what, 5 years

when did she go into debt anyway

5 years of "IT'S TOTALLY GOING TO TURN AROUND! FINALLY!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164872 on: November 07, 2015, 07:20:39 pm »

I do believe that is WOPR you're paraphrasing there, not HAL.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164873 on: November 07, 2015, 07:22:05 pm »

I got back into it after reaching the same position as Sirus and then recanting. For one thing, it's one of the most charming webcomics I've ever read and it managed to make the Elder Scrolls series (Which are a horrific car crash of my least favorite tropes) interesting to me. By setting it in one of the least favorite games of the whole seres, no less!

For another, I still hold out hope. That's what the webcomic is all about. She's given plenty of opportunities to give up on her life and give into despair, but she always keeps trying. The suggestions didn't help turning it around because... Well, how many times have you been in a situation where the rational part of you is saying 'THIS IS A BAD IDEA STOP STOP STOP' but you just can't because your brain is wired to do these things? I've been in that situation more then once.

I don't judge people for leaving it. Christ, I'd suggest it, when Katia was being screwed over that time it felt like hell. But I attest that to the quality of the writing: it made me so invested in the character and got me to hope that she was going to get out okay, so that when it fell apart I fell apart too. That's some damn good writing there.

after what, 5 years

Four days in-universe. Though thanks to Kazerad's... unique update schedule, it certainly doesn't feel that way.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #164874 on: November 07, 2015, 07:24:03 pm »

after what, 5 years

If I remember correctly, she had negative coinage for some reason.
And by turning around I mean... Well, she's mostly trying to get out of the first ditch and into the second, slightly higher one, because she's hoping to rob a gamebreakingly charismatic mage who sweet talked Katia into giving away all her stuff, so yeah, it could screw up again.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164875 on: November 07, 2015, 07:25:39 pm »

Probably helps that when I caught up, she was training with the ghost.  Things were still pretty bad, but progress was being made.  I imagine that waiting for an update only for it to be "Nope, everything went wrong again!" would be frustrating.
Pacing is hard to balance that way...

Personally, I was hooked in the early strip where she gave up and drank again.  *Because* it was so horrible and sorta relatable.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164876 on: November 07, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »

after what, 5 years

If I remember correctly, she had negative coinage for some reason.
And by turning around I mean... Well, she's mostly trying to get out of the first ditch and into the second, slightly higher one, because she's hoping to rob a gamebreakingly charismatic mage who sweet talked Katia into giving away all her stuff, so yeah, it could screw up again.
I don't think it's going to screw up. She's going to pull it off perfectly.

Then she gets back to Quillweave and something even worse will sideswipe Katia, which was foreshadowed a hundred pages before yet no-one noticed until it was too late.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164877 on: November 07, 2015, 07:27:52 pm »

Well, she is going to end up in jail in the end, waiting for the Emperor to show up and begin Oblivion proper, so it's kind of a foregone conclusion.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #164878 on: November 07, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »

Four days in-universe. Though thanks to Kazerad's... unique update schedule, it certainly doesn't feel that way.
Four days? FOUR DAYS? Longest four days ever, holy shit.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164879 on: November 07, 2015, 07:38:04 pm »

Four days? FOUR DAYS? Longest four days ever, holy shit.
Honestly, with everything that happens to her, it would feel like five years.
Pages: 1 ... 10990 10991 [10992] 10993 10994 ... 13312