Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10992 10993 [10994] 10995 10996 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555147 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164895 on: November 07, 2015, 09:52:07 pm »

That also explains a LOT about the intelligence of NPC companions/fellow adventurers.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164896 on: November 07, 2015, 09:57:29 pm »

mother of god
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164897 on: November 07, 2015, 11:18:52 pm »

On a whim, I added tofu and cracked an egg in to some top ramen. While it wasn't as pretty and fancy as I hoped, it did taste good. One step closer to actually being able to feed myself properly.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164898 on: November 08, 2015, 12:29:52 am »

Have you considered some fried chicken?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164899 on: November 08, 2015, 12:43:34 am »

Fried chicken is amazing. To hell with the ramen, just eat the chicken.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164900 on: November 08, 2015, 12:47:04 am »

I lost patience with Prequel after the author screwed over Katia for the zillionth time, despite basically every suggestion trying desperately to turn the situation around. It had a lot of pretty good ideas, and occasionally very nice artwork, but...to slightly misquote HAL, sometimes the only winning move is not to read. I can only stand to see the main character get shat upon by the universe so many times.
I got back into it after reaching the same position as Sirus and then recanting. For one thing, it's one of the most charming webcomics I've ever read and it managed to make the Elder Scrolls series (Which are a horrific car crash of my least favorite tropes) interesting to me. By setting it in one of the least favorite games of the whole seres, no less!

For another, I still hold out hope. That's what the webcomic is all about. She's given plenty of opportunities to give up on her life and give into despair, but she always keeps trying. The suggestions didn't help turning it around because... Well, how many times have you been in a situation where the rational part of you is saying 'THIS IS A BAD IDEA STOP STOP STOP' but you just can't because your brain is wired to do these things? I've been in that situation more then once.

I don't judge people for leaving it. Christ, I'd suggest it, when Katia was being screwed over that time it felt like hell. But I attest that to the quality of the writing: it made me so invested in the character and got me to hope that she was going to get out okay, so that when it fell apart I fell apart too. That's some damn good writing there.
I'm not even just talking about Katia's drinking problem. Okay, I can understand. Things go badly and you seek escape despite a nagging feeling that perhaps booze isn't the best way. If it were just the drinking thing I could (probably) get by.

But that's not enough for the author, oh no.
She got robbed at least once. Once by an orc who quite literally pulled things out of his ass in order to steal more effectively, and the most recent example that I know of (and what turned me off of Prequel) was when a couple of nice, friendly mages buffed their...Speech skill?...so high that Kat willingly gave up all of her belongings and then left her on the street.
This same orc then showed up at a necromancer's place, a necromancer that was actually friendly to Kat and was going to help her magical training. He robs the necromancer and then, apparently just to ensure that the dude can never try to help Kat again, breaks his own rule and kills the necromancer for asking a question. It was blindingly obvious that the death's only meta purpose was to screw Kat over more.

The one time I was actually pleasantly surprised was the dinner with the noblewoman. Nothing went horribly wrong! I actually got my hopes up for a few chapters.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #164901 on: November 08, 2015, 12:47:33 am »

The chicken has to go with SOMETHING, or else it becomes a frustrating experience of fats and greases; I'd go with coleslaw, personally.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164902 on: November 08, 2015, 12:49:36 am »

The chicken has to go with SOMETHING, or else it becomes a frustrating experience of fats and greases; I'd go with coleslaw, personally.
More chicken. Less grease, though. Pat it down gently before you eat it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #164903 on: November 08, 2015, 12:51:07 am »

Have you tried serving your fried chicken with some fried chicken?

I am losing the ninja meta-game. Confound this power armor, it's shot my dex stats to hell.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164904 on: November 08, 2015, 12:53:01 am »

Plus, you're a cat in power armour.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164905 on: November 08, 2015, 12:53:30 am »

No, no. You strip off the fried chicken skin, shred up the chicken itself into the ramen, and then eat the skin separate. Skin's the only good part about fried chicken, the rest can be noodlefodder.

'Course, a fun thing you can do is the above, but once you've mixed in the chicken, wrap bits of noodled chicken in the skin and eat that. Can do that with lots of things, really. It's glorious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164906 on: November 08, 2015, 01:01:39 am »

the most recent example that I know of (and what turned me off of Prequel) was when a couple of nice, friendly mages buffed their...Speech skill?...so high that Kat willingly gave up all of her belongings and then left her on the street.
The little flash game before she gets to Kvach dropped bombs about how weird the guild was. Pretty much every time the guild leader came up it was creepy and about how "guild leader is bestest evar! errybody gives hu monay and she saveed the orphanage!" Warnings to never go to the guild and how the head of the mages changes everybody's mind about the guild...

The orc at the tomb really did come out of the stands though.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #164907 on: November 08, 2015, 01:46:54 am »

That stuff is explained, basically, in the prequel-verse, some people are just... Awesome, they aren't tied back by fate and everything goes right for them, think of them like PCs, the mage woman was one of those people, she cheesed the universe by giving herself a permanent upgrade to her charisma, that spray was just icing on the cake.
Katia is actually helped by the other robed dude, turns out he tries to guide the woman to... Not be an asshole and abuse her powers, basically, and tries to get Katia to take her down a peg.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #164908 on: November 08, 2015, 01:54:47 am »

Then she gets back to Quillweave and something even worse will sideswipe Katia, which was foreshadowed a hundred pages before yet no-one noticed until it was too late.
Vampire bite. Sooner or later, she'll have to buy a potion of Cure Disease which has a retail price of 140 septims, probably inflated to a ridiculous degree by an opportunistic alchemist. (Since she can't pray at an altar for a free cure.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164909 on: November 08, 2015, 02:12:56 am »

Have you tried serving your fried chicken with some fried chicken?

I am losing the ninja meta-game. Confound this power armor, it's shot my dex stats to hell.
The plus side is: in the power armor, you can punch almost as hard as me. Almost.

Pages: 1 ... 10992 10993 [10994] 10995 10996 ... 13312