Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10997 10998 [10999] 11000 11001 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14554613 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164970 on: November 09, 2015, 07:05:18 pm »

Blood givers should just be tested for stuff regularly anyway, regardless of personitude. It would surprise ne if that wasn't already the case. I've gotten the impression that it is here (although admittedly that is based mostly on the stories a woman told of her OCD and how she during a phase when she obsessed a lot about diseases signed up as a blood giver because it gave her opportunity to test herself for aids without suspicion).
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164971 on: November 09, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »

No, it's definitely being tested - but it's always good to have multiple lines of defence, so to speak.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164972 on: November 09, 2015, 07:59:01 pm »

Alcohol has helped me be happy today.

stories a woman told of her OCD and how she during a phase when she obsessed a lot about diseases signed up as a blood giver because it gave her opportunity to test herself for aids without suspicion).
Sounds like she was getting some varied action ;D Or she had a serious fear. I didnt give mine much credence maybe she did.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164973 on: November 09, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

Installation of new hardware complete. Every Tab A placed properly into their respective Slot Bs. One plug that looked like it was supposed to attach to a chassis fan(which may or may not exist), but didn't sit right - come to think of it, that may have been the one that fried the previous board - so I removed it. Mobo will get plenty of air, regardless.

The IDE-SATA converter looks like it will work, but the pins on the two-pin molex looked a bit shaky. The connected properly without breaking.

Is there a TechPriest in the house? I wouldn't mind some blessings before I beseech the machine spirit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164974 on: November 09, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »

No, it's definitely being tested - but it's always good to have multiple lines of defence, so to speak.

Or in other words, it's preferential to deny the ability to give blood to some people than to have people infected with HIV because screening wasn't strict enough. You feeling offended because a demographic group you belong to is considered an above-average risk is less important than someone else getting a life-destroying illness through no fault of their own.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164975 on: November 09, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »

Well, that was odd. Supplying power caused the keyboard and mouse to light up, confirming that the PS/2 and USB ports receive power. Turning it on, it immediately shuts off. When I turned off the back power(or possibly as I was reaching for the switch), it lit up again. No smoke or smell of charred electronics.

My guess is insufficient power.

EDIT: Correction, it turns off and on every few seconds. Still gonna go with insufficient power.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:22:16 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #164976 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:48 pm »

nothing really beats getting drunk with your brother and some friends and high stepping around the living shouting
OG - BOBBY - JOHNSON, WHOO
OG - BOBBY - JOHNSON, HEY

previously we stuck with the ole BIT U GUESS IT but there can only be one shoutable trap song at a time

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164977 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:47 pm »

finally nuked the assignment (due tomorrow) with the power of love classical music.
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164978 on: November 09, 2015, 09:21:55 pm »

stories a woman told of her OCD and how she during a phase when she obsessed a lot about diseases signed up as a blood giver because it gave her opportunity to test herself for aids without suspicion).
Sounds like she was getting some varied action ;D Or she had a serious fear. I didnt give mine much credence maybe she did.
Serious OCD, sounds like.

Doesn't matter if she hasn't had any in five years, she'll get a test right after using an unfamiliar toilet seat.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #164979 on: November 09, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »

finally nuked the assignment (due tomorrow) with the power of love classical music.
Think the power of love would need romanticism era music, not classical music.

heh. heh. music pun. I'm so sorry I'm such a nerd.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164980 on: November 09, 2015, 09:36:02 pm »

You take that pun Bach.
But I'll have to make a note of that one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #164981 on: November 10, 2015, 06:17:13 am »

You take that pun Bach.
But I'll have to make a note of that one.

Bach was a baroque composer, though. :v

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164982 on: November 10, 2015, 06:20:57 am »

I guess you could say the pun was a bit off bass.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164983 on: November 10, 2015, 06:34:26 am »

Serious OCD, sounds like.

Doesn't matter if she hasn't had any in five years, she'll get a test right after using an unfamiliar toilet seat.

Yeah, she brought it up during a speak about OCD (so yeah, it's entirely anecdotal in that way). She has been institutionalized for the better part of her life because of her OCD and self-destructive tendencies, so she's definitely a severe case. Basically during this period she said she was constantly obsessing "what if I get aids?"/"what if I have aids?" over and over again despite having no "real" reason to worry.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164984 on: November 10, 2015, 11:11:45 am »

Or in other words, it's preferential to deny the ability to give blood to some people than to have people infected with HIV because screening wasn't strict enough. You feeling offended because a demographic group you belong to is considered an above-average risk is less important than someone else getting a life-destroying illness through no fault of their own.
I looked it up a little. According to here, men who have sex with men account for 50.3% of all HIV positive test results in 2012.

I wasn't able to find a reliable, recent report for the percentage of gay males in Canada. Assuming it's about the same as Britain (because they had a big survey in 2012), gay and bisexual men make up around 2% of the population .

So that's 2% that is responsible for 31.6% of reported cases. That is clearly disproportionate - men who have sex with men are a much greater AIDs risk than heterosexuals. While there are mroe reported AIDs cases among heterosexuals... there's a hell of a lot more heterosexuals than there are gays.

This is admittedly relying on some assumptions, so if you have better information, let me know.

But that isn't really happy thread material.

-----

In happy news: Fallout 4! I'm enjoying it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 10997 10998 [10999] 11000 11001 ... 13312