Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11000 11001 [11002] 11003 11004 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555785 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165015 on: November 10, 2015, 06:35:17 pm »

UEFI is ostensibly a universal replacement for the BIOS, but it's not very universal, or very good at solving the problems with BIOS, or very stallman-friendly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165016 on: November 10, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »

I will say that UEFI caused me to lose 3 hours furiously reinstalling a Linux distro over and over because I couldn't figure out why installing it in the fashion required to dual-boot in the past wasn't working.

Pretty painless once I miraculously divined what the fuck UEFI was though, and I think it at least prevents Windows from doing that thing where it eats every other bootloader on the machine and then sticks its fingers in its ears, pretending no other OS exists.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165018 on: November 11, 2015, 09:50:26 am »

These two ads for a company called "Schneider Electric",  that have been appearing on youtube always make me chuckle and watch the whole way though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrPFc5mK3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngH-5BBjWPw
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165019 on: November 11, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

Just had a great diwali celebration, with lots of candles and oil lamps and great food and a touching movie.

I'll see if I can get sime picks uploaded.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165020 on: November 11, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »

I've taken to listening to some bluegrass again thanks to a friend. Mostly Doc Watson, which is ok since Doc Watson was a goddamn god. Rest in peace you blind scary mountain person.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #165021 on: November 11, 2015, 02:27:04 pm »

I've taken to listening to some bluegrass again thanks to a friend. Mostly Doc Watson, which is ok since Doc Watson was a goddamn god. Rest in peace you blind scary mountain person.
Mmmmm that's good music. Guy Clark would be another to follow that up with.

EDIT: Heh...that first one, Carolina Chocolate Drops do a hell of a version of that. Can't find it online anywhere though. :(
Even places like last.fm seem to have omitted that track from the album, along with "Another Man Done Gone". Wonder if it's a copyright issue...which is a damn shame, because it's an absolutely blistering piece of banjo work. There are speed metal guitarists that would be jealous.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:11:51 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #165022 on: November 11, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »

Solid chance of me getting a new PC sometime soon. It'll be nice to not use a shit-tastic laptop.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165023 on: November 11, 2015, 06:20:39 pm »

New fuckhuge monitor arrived. Slightly pissed that it came with a VGA cable rather than a DVI or HDMI one LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO. Fortunately, kept my old DVI-VGA adapter.

It's... it's so big. Thanks to incompatible drivers, I can only get the resolution up to 1600x1200(recommended is 1920x1080). Still, I've nearly tripled my desktop space.

...Actually, everything is hard to see. Any way to make things a bit bigger?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165024 on: November 11, 2015, 06:23:50 pm »

You get used to it.

Anyway, I think windows has an option somewhere to make a few things larger, might be worth investigating.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165025 on: November 11, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »

You get used to it.

Anyway, I think windows has an option somewhere to make a few things larger, might be worth investigating.
Can confirm.

You say you don't have drivers for...You might want to track down  the manufacturer's site, you can probably dowload them.
Then again, I don't know, I only really use my laptop.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165026 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:53 pm »

I'll say it again: the drivers that came with all of my shiny new hardware are not compatible with Windows Vista, and I've yet to locate suitable fixes, either. I've already ordered a copy of Windows 7, and that should take care of that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #165027 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:22 pm »

Wasn't that always Vista's main problem, that the driver support was crap?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165028 on: November 11, 2015, 07:12:11 pm »

Well, one way or another modern, high-end hardware is relatively unlikely to support it. It's closing in on being a decade old at this point. 8 years, I think?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165029 on: November 11, 2015, 07:26:26 pm »

And it was never really very widespread in the first place. A lot of people went straight from XP to 7.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 11000 11001 [11002] 11003 11004 ... 13312