Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11001 11002 [11003] 11004 11005 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375566 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165030 on: November 11, 2015, 08:55:09 pm »

That's because Vista was and is shit. People talk about re-installing XP even now; no one thinks the same about Vista.
._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165031 on: November 11, 2015, 10:38:07 pm »

I have to admit that I never really had too many problems with Vista. Still prefer XP and 7 though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165032 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:20 pm »

Just played Settlers of Catan for the first time!
I got a decent stream of wheat and a port to sell it at, but then the robber sat on my best wheat-tile for like 5 turns.  I also prioritized the "longest road" victory points way too much.  Still, got pretty close (8/10).  Well... 6/10 at the end since player 3 (bricks and wood) outdid my road network at the last second, but I saved up enough resources to spring back.  Didn't get my chance, player 2 (high soldiers, sheep).

In case it wasn't clear, I had a blast.  Even spun a little narrative around the game.  Going home tomorrow, but actually going to stay in touch with these people.  Maybe see if my friends want to play, I'm sure there are tons of ways to play it online.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #165033 on: November 11, 2015, 11:25:54 pm »

Okay, I've been gushing about Mother music lately, but there's one video game soundtrack song that I'm willing to put above Mother music (all of it).

Undertale. The song called Undertale, that is. It's a ridiculous piece, and by that I mean I'm pretty sure it took me about 15 hours of listening to it (transcribing sheet music) to actually hear most of what it had to offer. It's hilariously complex. The snare part that you can barely hear (I didn't hear it until I had slowed down the song to break down a different percussion part better) starting at 3:25 by itself probably took me 30-45 minutes to put down. The flute is playing through the whole song and my god I hope I didn't miss that until just now, holy crap I don't recognize the flute melody I'm hearing right now I still haven't heard the whole song.

It's unbelievable how big that song is. Easily my favorite Toby Fox song, shows off his ability to write memorable melodies and incredible percussion parts really well.

Number two is actually probably Savior of the Waking World, which is one of those songs good enough to completely change the melody's meaning by association; it's another example of Toby's ridiculous prowess at percussion.

Number three might be Moonsetter, a piece that I can only describe as some friggin melodies, man. It's actually a really simple piece, which makes it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165034 on: November 11, 2015, 11:33:55 pm »

Heh.  Yes, Homestuck music is awesome music.
This is the first game I am definitely 100% getting the soundtrack for.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165035 on: November 11, 2015, 11:41:30 pm »

Okay, I've been gushing about Mother music lately, but there's one video game soundtrack song that I'm willing to put above Mother music (all of it).

Undertale. The song called Undertale, that is. It's a ridiculous piece, and by that I mean I'm pretty sure it took me about 15 hours of listening to it (transcribing sheet music) to actually hear most of what it had to offer. It's hilariously complex. The snare part that you can barely hear (I didn't hear it until I had slowed down the song to break down a different percussion part better) starting at 3:25 by itself probably took me 30-45 minutes to put down. The flute is playing through the whole song and my god I hope I didn't miss that until just now, holy crap I don't recognize the flute melody I'm hearing right now I still haven't heard the whole song.

It's unbelievable how big that song is. Easily my favorite Toby Fox song, shows off his ability to write memorable melodies and incredible percussion parts really well.

Seconded. It probably helps that this melody brings tears to my eyes for no discernible reason.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165036 on: November 11, 2015, 11:58:43 pm »

Settlers is an excellent game. You'll find 6 and 8 number hexes more common rolls on average. Wheat is most important by possible use (dev cards, settlements and cities).

Have you discovered the power Y placement strategy yet? Place you roads in a capital leter Y formation to more densely pack in settlements and later cities. That way they will all be 2 road spaces away from one another, efficently. Overall, it is a surprisingly well designed German game. As you go on, enjoy settlers and don't rush into the expansion sets (cities and knights), but just like the base game first if you ask me.

You will come to love it quite a bit, and it is great. :) Enjoy.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165037 on: November 12, 2015, 12:02:58 am »

My Catan set actully has weight indicators on the numbers for exactly that kind of optimisation.

Writing my last Maths exam today. Not looking forward to it, but it'll be over soon.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #165038 on: November 12, 2015, 12:18:51 am »

I guess I am somewhat hearing-impaired, then, because that music sounds like half-noise to me and it's really grating me out, since the other half is nice and melodic, even if somewhat circular.
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #165039 on: November 12, 2015, 12:29:04 am »

You can make out the melody if it's louder.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #165040 on: November 12, 2015, 12:35:05 am »

Yeah, and it is - about half the time. The other half feels like pure cacophony, like dubstep.
._.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165041 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:14 am »

My six-day work week is finally over! It's time to relax and roll in the dough!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165042 on: November 12, 2015, 12:40:54 am »

Yeah, and it is - about half the time. The other half feels like pure cacophony, like dubstep.
I'm listening to it over and over to find which part is terrible.

My head hurts now and I'm even more confused about how musical taste work.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165043 on: November 12, 2015, 01:01:27 am »

My head hurts now and I'm even more confused about how musical taste work.
With your tongue.

Lick the music.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #165044 on: November 12, 2015, 01:37:45 am »

I tried that once. All it gave me was a papercut.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 11001 11002 [11003] 11004 11005 ... 13310