Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11002 11003 [11004] 11005 11006 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561696 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165045 on: November 12, 2015, 01:47:26 am »

It's got those weird 8-bit noises in for nostalgia, I assume.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165046 on: November 12, 2015, 05:09:45 am »

Oh yeah, that was what I was thinking about. I guess that most people are irritated by that kind of sound, which would explain why Sergarr didn't like the music.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165047 on: November 12, 2015, 05:52:06 am »

My six-day work week is finally over! It's time to relax and roll in the dough!

...That's an unusual way to relax. But if it works, hey.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #165048 on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:32 am »

new shoes!

These have a slight heel.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165049 on: November 12, 2015, 08:30:38 am »

I've taken to listening to some bluegrass again thanks to a friend. Mostly Doc Watson, which is ok since Doc Watson was a goddamn god. Rest in peace you blind scary mountain person.
Mmmmm that's good music. Guy Clark would be another to follow that up with.

EDIT: Heh...that first one, Carolina Chocolate Drops do a hell of a version of that. Can't find it online anywhere though. :(
Even places like last.fm seem to have omitted that track from the album, along with "Another Man Done Gone". Wonder if it's a copyright issue...which is a damn shame, because it's an absolutely blistering piece of banjo work. There are speed metal guitarists that would be jealous.

I also like me some Tony Rice, mostly because he's quite an absurd picker and because he sounds like batman would if batman was a cowboy, probably due to having smoked a billion cigars. His singing voice is still ok though, somehow.

On today's happy: I remembered this one sketchtoy thing I did for my girlfriend a year ago. I'm the kind of person that can't draw shit, and then some mystical force comes and makes me draw something half decent.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:41:57 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165050 on: November 12, 2015, 10:09:20 am »

@Truean:  But but, if I fork my roads it'll be harder to have the longest D:
But yes that makes sense!
The tile probabilities were pretty clear from playing monopoly, particularly with the pips serving as reminder.
Wheat was useful, but I ended up trading most of it at a port for wood.  We also traded with each other a lot which was fun...  Though everyone was relatively wood-starved the whole game, due to how the pieces lay.  Very cool setup system.

We only had time for the one round sadly, and I live far from all my friends.  But like I expected, there are ways to play online (:

(And there's a game store near home which may have people interested.  The game melted an otherwise awkward social situation last night, maybe I could meet people near me.  If I want.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:11:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #165051 on: November 12, 2015, 11:05:47 am »

Oh yeah, that was what I was thinking about. I guess that most people are irritated by that kind of sound, which would explain why Sergarr didn't like the music.

that's called a "synth"

it's been used in music for quite a long time, even outside of video games

though usually they use slightly more complicated waveforms

like, when it comes to synth in that song there's the bass part throughout (which is a simple saw wave i think? i'm bad at identifying waveforms) and a drone from :50 to 1:36, though I usually just think that's a flute.

but yes i guess certain instruments are just inherently inferior due to association with nintendo

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165052 on: November 12, 2015, 11:16:23 am »

it should also be noted that chiptune is an actual genre of music with lots of good artists and people tend to like it for other reasons than "muh nostalgias" :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #165053 on: November 12, 2015, 11:21:20 am »

Indeed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165054 on: November 12, 2015, 11:26:44 am »

I can see where the dislike comes from. It's a very specific style of music, and one which I don't dislike, but... I don't like it either.

And unless I'm hearing something wrong that background drone is definitely not a flute. Although fun fact, a flute in the high registers is easy to synthesise because it's a single wave.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #165055 on: November 12, 2015, 12:10:26 pm »

I can see where the dislike comes from. It's a very specific style of music, and one which I don't dislike, but... I don't like it either.

And unless I'm hearing something wrong that background drone is definitely not a flute. Although fun fact, a flute in the high registers is easy to synthesise because it's a single wave.
Not just high registers; flute has a very soft tone pretty much because of being easy to synthesize.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165056 on: November 12, 2015, 12:57:10 pm »

as for actual happies i am currently just feeling pretty confused instead of pretty shitty as i was previously, which is a nice improvement.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #165057 on: November 12, 2015, 05:44:33 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165058 on: November 12, 2015, 05:45:45 pm »

CLOUD CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC
so what are we looking at, here

cumulus, thunderhead, etc?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #165059 on: November 12, 2015, 05:47:20 pm »

the character from final fantasy 7, a game that has never been on nintendo consoles, nor have any of its spinoffs

what the heck
Pages: 1 ... 11002 11003 [11004] 11005 11006 ... 13312