Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11111 11112 [11113] 11114 11115 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538619 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166680 on: December 27, 2015, 12:32:42 am »

Go Max!

I'm also kicking ass at work big-time. 

Quick re-cap:  My team is 6 people, including myself.  In Spring 2015, we lost 4 people.  Managers had to leave their offices to come out and help with grunt work, and pull help in from other departments.  I ended up looking really good in the midst of the chaos, and was promoted to manager of the team.  They call the position Team Lead, but I hire/fire people, do performance reviews, time sheets, etc... I'm a fucking manager.  I very much carried the operation on my back while re-building the team from scratch mostly by myself.  I told my bosses that this position was going to be new territory for me, and I would need a lot of help to take over the team while it's in such a crisis state... but they really just gave it to me and went back to their normal business.

Conventional wisdom in the industry (international freight forwarding) is it takes 6 months to train a new person to the point that they really begin to understand what's going on and can make things work independently, and a year before they really come into their own.  Within 8 months, I've re-built the team to the point that we operate better than the old team did that was made up of all veterans, and even have the highest accuracy rates on customs clearance data in the office.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:35:11 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166681 on: December 27, 2015, 12:34:00 am »

I finally decided to buy Undertale. Now to pick up the Windows version of Steam so I can run that in WINE, then download Undertale using Windows Steam run in WINE, then play it using WINE so I can stop being irritated by virtue of being that one guy who hasn't played it. :P

Most GM games, including Undertale, lag to hell and back doing text rendering on WINE, last I checked. Might be worth finding a Windows machine to play it on.
what is WINE?
Windows Emulator for Linux/Mac.

Also, go go SalmonGod! Keep kicking ass and getting names/addresses right!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #166682 on: December 27, 2015, 12:38:46 am »

Also, go go SalmonGod! Keep kicking ass and getting names/addresses right!

I wish it was that easy :P

In the simplest possible entry there are about 50 data points, and many of them are heavily abstracted.  Our accuracy rate is 93.5%.  That's with the pass/fail rate being graded per entry, not data point.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166683 on: December 27, 2015, 12:41:18 am »

Ha...hahahahahahanooooope. Fuck that. I'll stick to selling phones and video games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166684 on: December 27, 2015, 12:41:41 am »

@SalmonGod:Yay, but your boss sucks.

Is there a boss's boss?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #166685 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:02 am »

I finally decided to buy Undertale. Now to pick up the Windows version of Steam so I can run that in WINE, then download Undertale using Windows Steam run in WINE, then play it using WINE so I can stop being irritated by virtue of being that one guy who hasn't played it. :P
Most GM games, including Undertale, lag to hell and back doing text rendering on WINE, last I checked. Might be worth finding a Windows machine to play it on.
Weird. Forum thread I saw detailing the process of getting it on Linux said it runs fine. Guess I'll see when I get to the wee hours of the night when my data cap gets ignored and I can safely get Windows Steam up and running, then.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #166686 on: December 27, 2015, 01:09:35 am »

@SalmonGod:Yay, but your boss sucks.

Is there a boss's boss?

It might be going that way sometime soon.  There's one of my employees who is ready to go to HR if she's spoken to inappropriately again.  She's not the only one who's at about the same point.  I'll back them up when it happens.  Problem is she's the type who responds to that kind of thing by bullying, and our office isn't paid much attention by anyone very higher up.  Those who have been around the longest say it's intentionally that way because we handle the company's third biggest account (the one I work on) and make tons of money.  They know the way things operate here are kind of fucked up, so they ignore us as much as possible to avoid doing anything that would disrupt the cash flow.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166687 on: December 27, 2015, 01:10:30 am »

Good luck, Tawa.  And SalmonGod, and their coworker.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #166688 on: December 27, 2015, 01:53:41 am »

Good luck, Tawa.
Well, shucks, but I don't need it. Give it to somebody who does.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166689 on: December 27, 2015, 02:34:58 am »

what is WINE?
WINE Is Not an Emulator :P
Basically a Windows emulator like MZ said
Cripes snipping quotes is a pain on mobile.
As for work happy... Forced holiday is essentially over, I can resume doing the thing what fuels my ego :D

And ironically get a lot more sleep. 3-10am sleep schedule makes for issues when staying with normies who wake at 6-7.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #166690 on: December 27, 2015, 05:07:07 am »

i decided to make an automatic bayes' theorem thing since i friggin SUCK at math and remembering things, it stores the probabilities in a JSON file so I don't have to remember them all the time, just open the file in the program and it'll give me a probability

before i went to do it i said "i predict it'll take 30 minutes, which means it'll actually take two hours"

it took two hours

i need to be this pessimistic more often

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #166691 on: December 27, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

Spent about three hours on the beach and getting waffles with a few friends. Was pretty nice.

Also got given the Portal bundle by one of them. :D Have to find something to give back, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #166692 on: December 27, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:35:14 am by penguinofhonor »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #166693 on: December 27, 2015, 09:48:39 am »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166694 on: December 27, 2015, 10:13:14 am »

Thank goodness, I think I was going into withdrawal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11111 11112 [11113] 11114 11115 ... 13312