Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11149 11150 [11151] 11152 11153 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546989 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167250 on: January 11, 2016, 09:10:13 pm »

Someone shared an inspiring quote, which was apparently just written this morning...

I don't think I really understood ethics and morality in a visceral way until I became a foster parent. I believed when I was younger in the Golden Rule, and understood we all want to live in a world where people do good things, of course, and I still do. But until I began fostering I didn't fully grasp that the reason to do right in the hardest situations, the reason to cling to moral categories and try and do the ethical, rather than easy thing is NOT because you want others to act so, or because of some complex social contract. It is because sometimes the knowledge that you did right is the only thing you get in the world - the outcome isn't yours to choose, and you often lose as much as you gain. But you get to choose. So you can stand in a pile of ashes filled with shame, or with the sense that at least you held on to your honor. You can grieve and mourn with the biting pain of your own failure, or you can grieve and mourn with a tiny ameliorating pride that you did what was right (or tried, when, as is often the case, it doesn't work out the way you hoped and planned). I've done both, but I know which one I can live with better. None of that fixes anything, or provides consolation sufficient to the loss - but that's not the point. I was old and perhaps slow to learn that in the end, you do what you do for yourself, always, because sometimes what you come to know about yourself and who you are is all you get.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #167251 on: January 11, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »

BFEL saw The Martian today!
WOOTS
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #167252 on: January 12, 2016, 01:09:01 am »

Playing the SRW SRC Dungeon fangame. Noticed one of the mechs I rolled in the gacha was way more powerful than the rest but didn't recognize it, though it looked familiar. Suddenly remembered that I could use the google translate pen character writing tool thing to figure out what it was. Received a dawning feeling of YESSSSSSS as I realized that it had given me the freaking Gaia Gear.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167253 on: January 12, 2016, 01:50:30 am »

Through the magic of photoshop, I have made my shitty wizard avatar... pink!

Instead of orange.

Because having too many orange wizards is no good.

Fun fact: I learned how to swap out color ranges in GIMP For this.  They have a tool for it, it's simple as heck.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:53:33 am by Putnam »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167254 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:05 am »

Mmk.

Now, make a whole bunch more variations and make some sort of claymation game with wizards.

Or a rotator, if you're being lazy.

Also, you say Photoshop, but use GIMP?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167255 on: January 12, 2016, 09:07:26 am »

The Francesinha is truly the most Murrican food I've ever had outside my homeland. Take a very thin pork chop, pepperoni-ish sausage, ham, and cheese, make a sandwich with them, deep-fry the sandwich, put more cheese and an egg on top, cover in beer sauce and serve with French fries. You can taste the freedom. God bless Portugal.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167256 on: January 12, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »

Mmk.

Now, make a whole bunch more variations and make some sort of claymation game with wizards.

Or a rotator, if you're being lazy.

Also, you say Photoshop, but use GIMP?

photoshop is a genericized trademark verb

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167257 on: January 12, 2016, 12:34:57 pm »

I got a new mouse that works well and also looks pretty.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167258 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28:00 pm »

First date. The girl was pretty interesting and of great ambition, she adores ! biological science! for its world changing ability, fine art for its ability to inspire thoughts, painting and engraving by own hands for its ability to express mood,  and stuff drawn on fine socks. Also has a tendency of entering strange moods and drawing random stuff.
Still no such behaviour as spitting acid, turning out to be A DEMON impersonating historical figure, no spreading clouds of symptoms or breathing dragon fire.
In the beginning she looked like, she expected me to suddenly turn out creature of night or spit acid, huh.
Also no supreme judge of underworld behaviour and sentencing me to eternal damnation.

I have a strange theory, that some girls are actually not creatures of night, underworld or some forgotten horror in human form, which was awokened by greed of british petrolium.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #167259 on: January 12, 2016, 02:44:59 pm »

I think I'm going to begin practicing Shinto. The nearest Shinto temple is a weekend trip away, but I think I could create a reasonable kamidana, if I were more clear on the specifics of what a kamidana actually requires to be such.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167260 on: January 12, 2016, 03:24:24 pm »

I have a strange theory, that some girls are actually not creatures of night, underworld or some forgotten horror in human form, which was awokened by greed of british petrolium.

Rubbish.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167261 on: January 12, 2016, 03:37:45 pm »

I've finally got tired of the fly infestation in the kitchen and nearby rooms (there were like 50+ of them all over the place) and have enacted the final option on them. There are now, like, two-three flies hiding somewhere.

*insert Bison's YES video here*
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:39:28 pm by Sergarr »
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #167262 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:46 pm »

I've finally got tired of the fly infestation in the kitchen and nearby rooms (there were like 50+ of them all over the place) and have enacted the final option on them. There are now, like, two-three flies hiding somewhere.

*insert Bison's YES video here*

Ah, I know that feel indeed. In my case, it wasn't flies but mold growth in a laundry machine (what does the damn thing even feed on there?!). And copious, copious amounts of bleach. I'm fairly sure I used enough bleach to kill some of it retroactively. Let me tell you about chemical genocide - it feels great.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167263 on: January 12, 2016, 03:51:40 pm »

Let me tell you about chemical genocide - it feels great.
Eh, I didn't have any anti-fly chemicals around here, and the stores don't have those, either, because it's fucking winter and all normal flies have been sleeping for several months now. So I used my bare hands. Killing flies one by one with a single palm strike (and a little height help from a chair) each certainly leaves you tired, though.
._.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167264 on: January 12, 2016, 04:05:05 pm »

Oh, pest genocide? I like watching wasp nests get sprayed. Within a few seconds of spraying, the wasps start dropping down one after another and the others from the nest get confused when they come home and find it empty and then get poisoned too.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 11149 11150 [11151] 11152 11153 ... 13312