Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11170 11171 [11172] 11173 11174 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14558874 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167565 on: January 20, 2016, 05:20:00 pm »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167566 on: January 20, 2016, 09:04:51 pm »

New avatar up to replace the broken one.

Lookin' good!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #167567 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:01 pm »

The Fiends are in general pretty hilarious until they shoot your head off with lasers.

With their lasers worn as much as they are (mostly below 50% condition)? Unlikely.
Besides, Endurance 10 since level 1, don't really care. I'm taking a lot of bullets to the face before I go down. Like, a lot.
I have a headshot mod. Generally speaking, my life is better when I'm not being shot at period.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167568 on: January 21, 2016, 07:03:23 am »

technicallyAdventurer has been seen posting and I had a 90-minute delay this morning.  I think today is going to turn out well.

@Bouchart: Ehh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167569 on: January 21, 2016, 08:31:59 am »

I found my political philosophy!

Veganarchism ftw
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167570 on: January 21, 2016, 08:48:56 am »

That philosophy gave me bacon cancer

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #167571 on: January 21, 2016, 09:26:00 am »

Y'know, I've never understood anarchism very well, is it the dislike of any kind of authority, or is it when some people are peeved by a specific authority?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #167572 on: January 21, 2016, 09:29:23 am »

I think the general idea is that most people enter into a societal contract with their government in return for services. Anarchists see an alternative - not entering into the contract.

Ultimately, if shared by any large number of people, it would result in utter chaos.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167573 on: January 21, 2016, 09:55:43 am »

Y'know, I've never understood anarchism very well, is it the dislike of any kind of authority, or is it when some people are peeved by a specific authority?

Peeved by specific (hierarchical) authority. No problems with the chief-among-equals. Ideally would be the Kim Stanley Robinson organization type, where leadership positions are determined by scheduled lottery.

We organize ourselves because rationality. We don't need to appoint one among us to be above us. The best leaders walk among us, not ahead of us or behind us.

The above all sounds hippy-dippy, and arguably politics is not the greatest problem facing humanity; food security, shelter, and water are far more important. So I guess I'll just keep working towards fulfilling those universally and let everything else resolve itself.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167574 on: January 21, 2016, 12:07:41 pm »

I am currently deliberating whether items have souls. Leaning towards a yes because a gun holding the soul of a dead guy/demon/hivemind sounds cool, but it does have some ramifications on having to decide how XP works. Would a gun only gain experience if it was used? Wouldn't armour be significantly worse than weapons then? I mean, it would also make sense to use the XP of the soul, but to not let it gain any more, since it's technically dead and possessing an item. But a gun that learns also sounds cool. Maybe it would just gain XP at a reduced rate?

Happy thread material because I am once again back to programming at a decent rate. And quite happy about it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167575 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:52 pm »

I would suggest you have intelligent and non-intelligent souls, with the intelligent souls being able to learn while the non-intelligent, minor demons and animals and whatever, can't learn.

And of course, some reason you would use non-intelligent souls. Perhaps using intelligent souls is evil? That's a good trope, though if you got permission first, I don't see the harm. "Hey Jim, want to live forever in my AK-74?" Perhaps non-intelligent souls have a boost to their power, like if you used a bear or lion soul on your armour, it's commensurately stronger than some humans soul, though the humans soul could eventually, if you used that armour or weapon enough, surpass it. It'd be balanced, in principle, by making human souls rare, so you'd only want to imbue such a soul into a piece of armour or weapon that you're likely to use for a long time.

You could also add an XP gain to people doing more than just shooting. So if you defend properly, or get a flanking, you get an XP bonus, to reward players for doing more than just shooting things. Diplomacy and subterfuge also.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167576 on: January 21, 2016, 12:39:54 pm »

Maybe have it be that older guns have more XP, so your Russian nugget swimming in cosmoline knows its shit and will not panic in battle (by getting jammed for example) and your ancient several centuries old flintlock cackles in Portuguese and never jams, but will occasionally demand any Aztec gold you have or else try to claim you for the Empire

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167577 on: January 21, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

I think the general idea is that most people enter into a societal contract with their government in return for services. Anarchists see an alternative - not entering into the contract.

Ultimately, if shared by any large number of people, it would result in utter chaos.

It's the same core delusion as libertarianism and end-goal Marxism: that you can have meaningful large-scale civilization without states or national identity. The collective-decision model of full democracy works... in small, relatively low-tech communities. But even then you run into issues like the Tragedy of the Commons (i.e. the deterioration of public goods) and general neglect of the poor, disabled, elderly, &c. if you lack any sort of administrative authority. A modern society can't operate by entire-population votes on every issue and philanthropy or common contribution of labor, full stop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167578 on: January 21, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »

I would suggest you have intelligent and non-intelligent souls, with the intelligent souls being able to learn while the non-intelligent, minor demons and animals and whatever, can't learn.

And of course, some reason you would use non-intelligent souls. Perhaps using intelligent souls is evil? That's a good trope, though if you got permission first, I don't see the harm. "Hey Jim, want to live forever in my AK-74?" Perhaps non-intelligent souls have a boost to their power, like if you used a bear or lion soul on your armour, it's commensurately stronger than some humans soul, though the humans soul could eventually, if you used that armour or weapon enough, surpass it. It'd be balanced, in principle, by making human souls rare, so you'd only want to imbue such a soul into a piece of armour or weapon that you're likely to use for a long time.

You could also add an XP gain to people doing more than just shooting. So if you defend properly, or get a flanking, you get an XP bonus, to reward players for doing more than just shooting things. Diplomacy and subterfuge also.
There's a webcomic "The Adventures of Wiglaf and Mordred" which (after hundreds of pages, sadly) started exploring human souls in artifacts.  Essentially they get immortality, cool powers, and a not inconsequential bond with whoever wields them.  They're all happy with the arrangement.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167579 on: January 21, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »

They're just regular souls usually attached to (nearly) every unit. Means they are intelligent and have XP and so on by default.

And of course, some reason you would use non-intelligent souls. Perhaps using intelligent souls is evil? That's a good trope, though if you got permission first, I don't see the harm. "Hey Jim, want to live forever in my AK-74?"

Think less "talking sword" and more "inhabited by the spirit of a dead person being hunted by ravenous demons attempting to consume it" or "literal hole to hell". So pretty much evil by default, or at least acting as a beacon for it. Plus living in a sword or gun can't be a happy existance.

Maybe have it be that older guns have more XP, so your Russian nugget swimming in cosmoline knows its shit and will not panic in battle (by getting jammed for example) and your ancient several centuries old flintlock cackles in Portuguese and never jams, but will occasionally demand any Aztec gold you have or else try to claim you for the Empire

The thought is that whenever an unit dies, it has a chance for its soul to enter one of its items instead of floating around in hell/the warp/whatever. So it's in the exact same state as when the person died. But finding random loot with randomly generated souls already in them is a decent idea.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 11170 11171 [11172] 11173 11174 ... 13312