Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11182 11183 [11184] 11185 11186 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553504 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167745 on: January 25, 2016, 05:39:50 pm »

Yeah, up until you take like senior english (or an AP class). My first AP english class (which I took my junior year), literally started the whole year with "Do not write 5 paragraph essays in here; write the amount that the topic requires, not some formulaic stuff. Forget everything that they taught you before, now you get to learn the real way to write." :P
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #167746 on: January 25, 2016, 05:41:40 pm »

* Th4DwArfY1's drinking glass shatters.

Hey, I was using that!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167747 on: January 25, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »

I didn't take AP English, so intro English in college hit me hard for that exact reason.  Suddenly I was expected to do actual research, and be relatively concise.  It was frustrating, kinda wonderful, and really drove home the fact that high school essay writing was bullshit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167748 on: January 25, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »

I didn't take AP English, so intro English in college hit me hard for that exact reason.  Suddenly I was expected to do actual research, and be relatively concise.  It was frustrating, kinda wonderful, and really drove home the fact that high school essay writing was bullshit.
Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE let it be that good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #167749 on: January 25, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »

Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE let it be that good.
That's not how it's been for me at all. I've had page requirements for essays in my ENG classes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167750 on: January 25, 2016, 06:21:45 pm »

It's also generally a very easy class. Because most people taking it already speak English, you see. its nigh-identical to the same class from last year with different books.
This is high school english, at least from what I'd had.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167751 on: January 25, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

I wonder how many future chemists in my age were annihilated by one distracting teacher who took very liberal takes on professional dress codes. Two, three buttons undone? Try having all but the bottom two undone. When you were a young developing man you really did not need that in your life, to this day I remember very little about chemistry other than that the bond angle of H20 is not 109.5* because of the cat ears dance. She skirted a fine line between teacher and statutory offender, and indeed often wore skirts that themselves ran on fine lines that became the topic of scandal amongst teachers and pupils. Those that excelled in chemistry in spite of such challenges of mind were possessed of unique character, namely two more interested in outcompeting each other in base chemical wits than in other base interests, or debased interests. Usually large secondary and sixth form schools all had one such teacher at minimum, though at least many of them can claim ignorance; after committing to a lap dance, less so. After less than subtle yet prude and sensitive attempts by the staff to passively address uniform issues whilst praying for the best, even less so. God rejected these prayers, only the devil answered.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167752 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:35 pm »

...Geez.
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167753 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:38 pm »

Quite so, there are a very many horror stories abound from those too embarrassed to say them. I myself have heard worse, better, and downright ludicrous fables of lewd kinds throughout my life from everyone from painters to bank tellers. Stuff to shake an angry letter at, how immoral!

I shall not even begin to divulge what happened at the school named after a livestock product.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167754 on: January 25, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »

We had zero teachers like that.
I'm actually kinda jealous. I feel I would've worked harder if I had something pulling me forward like that.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167755 on: January 25, 2016, 07:22:32 pm »

IB English made high school great. Two years of Socratic seminar, a 15 minute speech on a topic of my choice, and a capstone essay and 30-minute interview on a random passage from a random work with 15 minutes of prep time. It ended up being both more intellectually stimulating and more difficult than any English I did for my Bachelor's, and that was ~30% of my courses. Except for, maybe, a really excellent course on Shakespeare and one where a professor who turned "mid-1700s to present Brit-lit general" into "thirty years of British Industrial Revolution poetry".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167756 on: January 25, 2016, 08:04:04 pm »

It's also generally a very easy class. Because most people taking it already speak English, you see. its nigh-identical to the same class from last year with different books.
This is high school english, at least from what I'd had.
Different books, bah. I had to do fucking Romeo and Juliet three times in a row.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #167757 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »

Yeah, as much as I like my teacher I literally never read Surviving Antarctica and still got a B+, all I had to do was continue writing whatever poetic stuff that came to mind and bam, there's your essay.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #167758 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:29 pm »

I did that for History once. We had to read a book that wasn't so much a traditional book as a pile of useless clerical information and vaguely interesting trivia about Concord in the times leading up to the American Revolution. I grabbed a synopsis off the internet instead of reading that drivel and got an 80-something anyway.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167759 on: January 25, 2016, 08:41:25 pm »

I did that for History once. We had to read a book that wasn't so much a traditional book as a pile of useless clerical information and vaguely interesting trivia about Concord in the times leading up to the American Revolution. I grabbed a synopsis off the internet instead of reading that drivel and got an 80-something anyway.

Heh, I think the worst paper I've ever written was for a history class. On some 90's 'intellectual' called Bernard Lewis' essay. Anyway we were supposed to argue whether or not his portrayal of the Middle East was prejudiced or not, and somehow I felt that what that paper really needed was for me to pick apart his opening remark with a longwinded analysis on the Thirty Years' War and the role of the clergy before and after the Peace of Augsburg and to the French Revolution, and barely even addressed the rest of the thing. The professor must've seen something in it though, I got a 96% on it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 11182 11183 [11184] 11185 11186 ... 13312