Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11226 11227 [11228] 11229 11230 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14523645 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168405 on: February 08, 2016, 07:29:46 pm »

Amperzand, (or however it's spelled) do you happen to know someone called Garuda 1? Also known as Guineazilla?

Not that I remember. Why?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #168406 on: February 08, 2016, 08:35:40 pm »

The switch to HTML5 was for the good of humanity, so there's that.
and yet i refuse to use it because i had video quality issues (many videos predating the switch were available only in 360 and 480), and couldn't let videos buffer completely before watching them last time i checked, back when it was new

maybe i should check again?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168407 on: February 08, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »

The switch to HTML5 was for the good of humanity, so there's that.
and yet i refuse to use it because i had video quality issues (many videos predating the switch were available only in 360 and 480), and couldn't let videos buffer completely before watching them last time i checked, back when it was new

maybe i should check again?
You can thank the changeover to HTML5 for a lot of Firefox forks (among others) being unable to play Youtube videos in 480p or 1080p. They've never buffered properly for me, at least not since Google took over.

So yeah screw that, and Google too on general principle. I had to install a new browser just for Youtube because of that. Meanwhile the old players used for a lot of mirrors of totally-legally-viewed anime will buffer 25 minutes of video in two or three minutes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:26:06 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168408 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:11 pm »

I acquired another boxed game for my slowly-but-steadily growing collection. This time it's Star Trek: Elite Force II. A truly unremarkable game, but one that holds fond memories for me nonetheless. It's got all the contents as far as I know, but it's not sealed like my Deus Ex was when I got it. Another one for the shelf! :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168409 on: February 08, 2016, 10:54:49 pm »

As of today, I've been happily married for two years.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168410 on: February 08, 2016, 10:56:04 pm »

Happy anniversary!
Uh, do we have an IMAGE for this?  We should probably get one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #168411 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »

Congrats. May there be many more to come.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168412 on: February 09, 2016, 02:30:58 am »

Congratulations!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168413 on: February 09, 2016, 02:59:06 am »

WOOO! Happy relationships are great!

Amperzand, (or however it's spelled) do you happen to know someone called Garuda 1? Also known as Guineazilla?

Not that I remember. Why?
After some thought, I feel like I recognize the name. Hmm.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168414 on: February 09, 2016, 03:46:24 am »

Whoa, I've been here for quite some time, because I remember you getting married. Anyway, happy anniversary.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #168415 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:52 am »

Congrats, man! S'an accomplishment, that's for sure. May it continue further.

Sometimes when I'm in the right spot, and am comfortable and warm, and full of good food, I can remember what it felt like that got me into my current predicament. That situation isn't a matter for this thread, but the feeling ... I'd forgotten what it was like. What it felt like.

It's like a mixture of pride and affection and caring and ... something else that's hard to describe. A warm glow that feels 30% too big for my chest cavity, but in a good way. Like I might burst open like a sieve leaking... happiness. Even considering the frankly stupid amounts of stress and painful repressive  emotional bullshit I've inflicted upon myself because of it, feeling it now all of it seems worth it. Even with no real reason whatsoever for me to be happy, nothing happened to make me like this or anything; I'm just lying on my couch feeling happy for no particular reason.

I can see why people would spend their lives chasing after something like this. It's the only emotion I've ever felt that makes me genuinely happy that someone else is happy. In other circumstances when people are happy I can understand why they're happy and express excitement at that, but I don't really share it. It's ... it's nice to be able to.

It's like peacefulness and excitement and contentment all comfortably wrapped up with each other.

It's a good feeling. Ultimately a transitory one, I know, but I'm enjoying the moment.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:15:17 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168416 on: February 09, 2016, 04:41:16 am »

Oh hey, a guy left and also Bohandus.
Sucks. Bohandus was my Neruz.

Also my timeline of Kael went Monk>Women>Relationship.
Makes me want to try it. Well the monastery thing. I tried the Women and it didn't agree with me, which could also apply to relationship.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168417 on: February 09, 2016, 09:46:52 am »

I've been reading a self-help book: Mindset by Carol Dweck, and this book is honestly the most uplifting and motivating book I've read in a long time. It's about shedding yourself of your labels, both positive and negative, and trying to embody a mindset of learning and potential. That's pretty much the gist of it, but I feel this is such a good read I thought I'd broadcast my appreciation of it, and recommend it to others.

This is the most asinine thing, and I honestly feel bad for feeling so accomplished about this, cause it is so stupid I should have thought of it years ago and I have no right to feel good about it: the lightbulb in my bedroom hangs down way too low, placing it at eye-level, and it's been blinding me routinely for years if it is in any part of my periphery. Today, I had the genius idea of cutting slats into an Arby's bag and tied it around the bulb, in what is now the world's most trailer trash light dimmer. Now my room is very comfortably and ambiently lit, and my past self is a chump and an idiot for never thinking of it before. And I just had to use garbage and make my primary lighting source an eternal restaurant advertisement to do it.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168418 on: February 09, 2016, 10:26:41 am »

I've been reading a self-help book: Mindset by Carol Dweck, and this book is honestly the most uplifting and motivating book I've read in a long time. It's about shedding yourself of your labels, both positive and negative, and trying to embody a mindset of learning and potential. That's pretty much the gist of it, but I feel this is such a good read I thought I'd broadcast my appreciation of it, and recommend it to others.

This is the most asinine thing, and I honestly feel bad for feeling so accomplished about this, cause it is so stupid I should have thought of it years ago and I have no right to feel good about it: the lightbulb in my bedroom hangs down way too low, placing it at eye-level, and it's been blinding me routinely for years if it is in any part of my periphery. Today, I had the genius idea of cutting slats into an Arby's bag and tied it around the bulb, in what is now the world's most trailer trash light dimmer. Now my room is very comfortably and ambiently lit, and my past self is a chump and an idiot for never thinking of it before. And I just had to use garbage and make my primary lighting source an eternal restaurant advertisement to do it.

Hurray! Now that you've got the prototype done, time to make a nicer version out of rice paper or tissue paper?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #168419 on: February 09, 2016, 10:29:35 am »

No reason to feel bad about taking so long for a fix. Many people would have never bothered at all, or never figured out a solution. A success is a success. Enjoy it! :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 11226 11227 [11228] 11229 11230 ... 13311