Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11292 11293 [11294] 11295 11296 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547929 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169395 on: March 06, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »

Hey, you guys might've seen that old-timey picture with a young man pointing at the fire in the distance, that is typically posted with caption "shit's on fire, yo".

Well I found it today in Hermitage State Museum in St. Petersburg.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #169396 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

Hearing someone get literally wanned on is pretty great.

Also it looks like Gunner-chan ended up getting a copy of stardew from a friend so there's that.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #169397 on: March 06, 2016, 05:24:10 pm »

Wanned on?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #169398 on: March 06, 2016, 06:20:29 pm »

God I love adblock.  The most fun thing about it is sometimes a website detects that I'm using adblock and gives me a sob story about how hard life is because of adblock, and then I go tell adblock to block that too.  :D
You Monster.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169399 on: March 06, 2016, 06:37:42 pm »

God I love adblock.  The most fun thing about it is sometimes a website detects that I'm using adblock and gives me a sob story about how hard life is because of adblock, and then I go tell adblock to block that too.  :D
You Monster.
No but seriously that's not really happy. It's celebrating denying someone income and thaaat's a dick move.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169400 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:17 pm »

It's not justifiable anymore until ad practices change. Allowing ads, flash or javascript in your browser are horrible ideas now. With any luck people will change to donation or subscription models.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169401 on: March 06, 2016, 06:46:12 pm »

I've had donations for years and no money whatsoever. I've gotten $19 in the last month from ad revenue. Subscription is definitely not an option for me.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #169402 on: March 06, 2016, 07:04:49 pm »

I don't make any money, so the only way I can pay people is by watching ads for them. It's not like I lose anything for turning off my sound for 30 seconds so some youtuber can get a few fractions of a cent. <_<
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169403 on: March 06, 2016, 07:05:38 pm »

You Monster.
No but seriously that's not really happy. It's celebrating denying someone income and thaaat's a dick move.

I'm celebrating keeping my brain ad-free.  I certainly don't owe it to people to see their ads.  If their content was THAT important to me I'd donate or pay for the content.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169404 on: March 06, 2016, 07:47:07 pm »

Ads in the beginning of videos are tolerable, SILENT banner ads are okay, but when they start interrupting my video/music in the middle or start playing unwanted noise in my ears, that's where Comrade Shook draws the wibbly wobbly line. I'm not opposed to ad revenue, but until noisy banner ads get outlawed (or until i find an add-on that auto-mutes all banner ads), i'm keeping uBlock on per default.

As for actually happy things, i was asked to do an arty thing for the Toribash people who make events and stuff (i'm one of their artbros, but no i'm not going to leak anything), and despite the lack of time for me to dillydally, i was facerammed like hell by the Train of Inspiration(tm). It's not often that i get so hyped about doing anything. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169405 on: March 06, 2016, 07:49:26 pm »

Yay!

Point us to it when it comes out, then?

We have a Toribash thread, too.  Cross-prowhatever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169406 on: March 07, 2016, 12:02:50 am »

Ads in the beginning of videos are tolerable, SILENT banner ads are okay, but when they start interrupting my video/music in the middle or start playing unwanted noise in my ears, that's where Comrade Shook draws the wibbly wobbly line. I'm not opposed to ad revenue, but until noisy banner ads get outlawed (or until i find an add-on that auto-mutes all banner ads), i'm keeping uBlock on per default.
Total agreement on ads. :/ I mean we aren't in control of ads--we're only using these tools because of those intrusive, annoying ads (which don't really become advertising when they mess up with what one is doing and mostly only exist on the side as 'extra revenue' which then becomes the responsibility of the site/page owner).

Happy Note: While I've been technically unproductive during the weekend, many templates and skeleton-designs are finished, and I've been able to send emails and PMs to good folk :D

E: Just need to find good songs to back up another movie I've to make x_X

Please don't kill* me NAV .-. I'm late.
*I need my HP!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:11:08 am by Tiruin »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #169407 on: March 07, 2016, 12:12:00 am »

I have adblock on, but I feel sorta bad about it. I won't turn it off because I need to save precious satellite internet bandwidth, which most ads nowadays eat up loads of, and also because I'm not keen on the prospect of having to explain my way out of questions over Evony ads and the like. But I'd rather not deprive people of cash they could need... :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169408 on: March 07, 2016, 12:43:31 am »

Figured out some ornery CSS code pertaining to printer-friendly layouts.  Now some things are printing much more nicely.  Other things are not, but those aren't printing any worse, so that's fine, too.

Can I just say that the following things in this day and age are not especially kind practices when developing web sites:
  • Using table tags for all layout work instead of div, at a minimum.
  • Using HTML formatting tags like center and b - not even strong, but b!
  • Using inline CSS style tags *everywhere*.  I had to make a stylesheet from scratch to implement the necessary style changes to all affected pages efficiently, then clean up the inline CSS to keep it from overriding any future changes.
  • Using an external C# file to inject even more inline CSS directly into the aspx file, and forgetting to inject any sort of class or ID tags in the process. And my knowledge of C ended at with C++, and that well over a decade ago, so this is something I can't fix in a couple hours.

I don't know if I want to murder the person who designed this site or shake their head in awe at them.  I'm just glad I got this far.

EDIT: Wrong tag. You can tell I'm way too tired to be still doing work. >_<
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:59:21 am by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169409 on: March 07, 2016, 12:51:22 am »

I do disable AdBlock for certain websites. The LP Archive for example has very well-behaved ads that don't even animate, for the most part.

Never on Youtube though. Their ads are some of the worst.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11292 11293 [11294] 11295 11296 ... 13312