Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11296 11297 [11298] 11299 11300 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551268 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169455 on: March 08, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:38:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169456 on: March 08, 2016, 06:49:30 pm »

It's like a moletaur, but with a human lower half. Humantaur?
Well, no. A moletaur would be a human bottom half and a mole top half. This is more like... A random tu-mole growing out of your ribcage or something. Just kind of hangs out there. Can't move or control the rest of your body, and you can't control it.

It's a mole!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169458 on: March 08, 2016, 10:32:26 pm »

So I found out I'm comfortable enough playing dark souls that my constant wandering mind isn't an issue anymore.

Sure I wandered into the catacombs before I killed the gargoyles, (Despite last bonfire used being the one in undead parish) and then afterwards did a weird long backtrack that killed the butterfly, cleared out undeadburg of loot late, circled back through firelink, back through the parish, and then back to the female undead merchant and then back to firelink again so I could take a break and eat.

I'm not sure what I was doing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #169459 on: March 08, 2016, 11:58:15 pm »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169460 on: March 09, 2016, 12:08:03 am »

the highest quality video game rip i've ever heard

Quote from: Sonicfan
Shit, the NES has a more advanced soundchip than most people give it credit for.

Quote from: GilvaSunner
The Famicon was much more powerful than the NES. That's why it wasn't released in America until the Wii U. :)

This guy really knows his stuff. No wonder he releases such high quality video game rips.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169461 on: March 09, 2016, 12:20:26 am »

Significant other is out of the "might die" zone. Has pneumonia in one lung, a GI infection and a bladder infection, but is recovering.
This is a very good thing, as the alternative would fuck up my life beyond all reckoning.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169462 on: March 09, 2016, 12:27:11 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:35:40 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169463 on: March 09, 2016, 12:30:10 am »

Yeah, p-values sorta rely on sufficient sample sizes to get to levels where results are called "statistically significant", don't they? Which is absolutely impossible to get in certain circumstances without either something really weird happening or something really unethical happening.

Plus, ain't they sorta... frequentist?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169464 on: March 09, 2016, 12:36:40 am »

Significant other is out of the "might die" zone. Has pneumonia in one lung, a GI infection and a bladder infection, but is recovering.
This is a very good thing, as the alternative would fuck up my life beyond all reckoning.

Holy shit dude, what happened?!
Plague fairy has been working overtime around here. My kids got sick, I got sick, she got sick, her daughter got sick, our friends got sick, our friends' kids got sick. She got something in the realm of bronchitis which got progressively worse. After two separate trips to urgent care, she pushed herself to go back to work Monday for a half-day. Wound up leaving at lunch and checking herself into an ER because she had bleeding in places there shouldn't be bleeding. Scared the everliving fuck out of me, because she's been staying with her daughter and I didn't hear from her at all Sunday. Finally texted her daughter who told me she'd been sleeping all day. Scared me again when she gave me the prognosis from the ER. But she got some heap big powerful medicine which seems to be doing its job.

Haven't seen in her over a week though. But at least I know she's going to be okay. Massive hugs are in store when she finally comes home. (among other things)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169465 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:02 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:35:19 pm by Vector »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169466 on: March 09, 2016, 12:54:52 am »

Having allergies here, really bad ones >_>
Wishing your SO (and anyone else who is ill) well. Hope recovery is quick! ._.

Pretty happy for our immune system and medical advances. Without the latter, I wouldn't be here. \o/

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169467 on: March 09, 2016, 12:57:21 am »

My daughter also kinda got a nasty cold. Though she's handling it okay. I was sick before she was too...

How weird that everyone seems to be getting sick at the same time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169468 on: March 09, 2016, 01:02:34 am »

* Descan sneezes a lot.

Also a sore throat.

very minor it seems

* Descan hugs redkings waifu. while wearing hazmat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169469 on: March 09, 2016, 01:07:59 am »

Well holy shit, I'm glad she's out of that zone. I hope she gets back into the "completely healthy" zone with all deliberate speed because good lord that sounds like God just went down the list of afflictions, checking boxes at random.

In an issue close to my heart, the US statistical association has made an official policy statement arguing against an over-reliance on p-values in scientific reasoning and clarified their definition.

FUCKING FINALLY.  FUCKING finally.  This opens up so many doors and relegitimizes so many fields that have been "discredited" because they don't readily admit statistical analysis. FINALLY. This is going to be a really, really important thing in helping science and fighting scientism.
yes

yes

YES

Yeah, p-values sorta rely on sufficient sample sizes to get to levels where results are called "statistically significant", don't they? Which is absolutely impossible to get in certain circumstances without either something really weird happening or something really unethical happening.

Plus, ain't they sorta... frequentist?
this might be the last thing you said, but one of the gripes i have about the methodology is that, by definition, 5% of all results are false if you're just relying on p-values - and let's not even get started on spurious correlations, which i'm sure you're familiar with but which i love linking even when they're tangential at best

edit: there's lots of problems, and mine might be the most trifling of the lot - it sounds like vector, you, and i all have different concerns but we can all celebrate this

EDIT: Reading the statement, it appears that many of the things I thought I liked about this are due to misconceptions that this very statement was clearing up! So, while the bit about 5% of results being false isn't actually a real thing, the fact that I thought that in the first place suggests something isn't working right somewhere and that this was necessary.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:37:22 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 11296 11297 [11298] 11299 11300 ... 13312