Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11308 11309 [11310] 11311 11312 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14557777 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169635 on: March 13, 2016, 04:20:04 am »

You know I remember on an older laptop she had Gunner-poi ended up with someone getting the keyboard wet.

It totally stopped working. But sometimes it would start just continuously pressing s. That was weird.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169636 on: March 13, 2016, 05:52:32 am »

What kind of youtube content would y'all like to see from me?

I'm seriously at a blank here. 502 subscribers, no idea what to do. My informational video on Toby Fox's usage of leitmotif and how it's not lazy is getting big right now (~5,000 views in the last few days, which means that it's probably on some peoples' home pages and the algorithms have taken notice), so I feel like exploiting youtube ASAP.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #169637 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:44 am »

HORY

SHIIIEEEEEETT

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been waiting for this for... YEARS.

I might have shed some tears of joy on the inside.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:08:15 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169638 on: March 13, 2016, 06:11:43 am »

I have that on windows 8 so... Uh... Okay I'm happy for you I guess...? ... Maybe a little worried too?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #169639 on: March 13, 2016, 06:23:04 am »

New Zealand is a terrible place to live in.
They have a ozone hole, I bet even having high cancer rates.
Only good thing is their lamb and wine.
Alaska is where you should buy. As the world gets warmer it will become a lovely temperate location with a beach at the base of your mountain home.
Bearskin rug anyone?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169640 on: March 13, 2016, 06:34:14 am »

I have that on windows 8 so... Uh... Okay I'm happy for you I guess...? ... Maybe a little worried too?

8 had that already? Oh, ok then. Still, from what I've seen I'd rather stay on 10 than downgrade to 8(.1). The point is, I never understood why, why did they remove this in Vista (that I've been running these past years) and 7. Seriously, why? It was handy, unobtrusive and I'm sure as heck it wasn't code-demanding. It's one of those things where I just look at desing(ing) of some app and can't help but wonder who's bright idea was to put in/take out certain things.

Example - I have to use a certain 3D computations something program at my work. Few weeks ago, new version came out. And one of the things you could immediately spot was - before, you had few buttons on top left you used to easily switch between different stages of that program. So the new update? Took those buttons away. Replaced them with drop-down menu. Might not seem like much, but why WOULD you change something that works perfectly fine and replace it with something that requires (admittedly little, but still) more clicks to use? Save few mm of screen space? And not only that, one some other page, they moved few buttons from top left corner to bottom right? Why? Just so some design school drop-out can excuse his wage? Worst is, when using some other function again, before you had to use drop-down menu to do something... now they changed it so it displays all functions at once, making everything nice and clean. Why do you make one thing clean and another more bothersome to use? It drives me mad, MAD I tell you, full-on bannaners loco coconut marble-loosing MAD.

Sometimes it feels like whole damn industry has few same people working on GUI. Or maybe it's just one person. Maybe it's like a curse. One day he/she/it appears on the doorsteps of your company and you know you simply HAVE to let them do their job. Maybe the do it ninja-style. Unseen, always spoke only in whispers. Maybe they are like big-foot, sometimes spotted in the distant, shady corridors of IT companies, only blurry pictures of them exist and they are widely brushed off as hoax.

but no one can explain that edit-locked parts of GUI code that are bear the sinister-sounding comment //BF wus here
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:57:27 am by Sinistar »
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169641 on: March 13, 2016, 07:12:21 am »

What kind of youtube content would y'all like to see from me?

I'm seriously at a blank here. 502 subscribers, no idea what to do. My informational video on Toby Fox's usage of leitmotif and how it's not lazy is getting big right now (~5,000 views in the last few days, which means that it's probably on some peoples' home pages and the algorithms have taken notice), so I feel like exploiting youtube ASAP.
It was suggested to you before, I think, but something I'd really like to see is in-depth studies of Dwarf Fortress mechanics and such. Obviously it'll only draw a niche audience but it'd make a very interesting watch.

We're actually not as bad as we could be with skin cancer/melanoma because people are pretty well-educated about sun safety.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:15:16 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169642 on: March 13, 2016, 07:12:26 am »

I'm getting accepted to Karlsruhe Institute of Technology!
Neat! See you there sometime. Which course of studies did you register for?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169643 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:49 am »

No, it's much more of a problem in Australia since people here seem to like being out in the sun more (back when I lived in New Zealand people, like OW mentioned were a lot more diligent in terms of sun-safety). It's still not too bad. I mean, yeah the UV rays still cause cellular damage and whatnot, but Australia's Lovecraftian presence hasn't replaced the Sun's rays with homicidal radiation spiders yet, so I think we can chalk that up as a win for now.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169644 on: March 13, 2016, 08:31:01 am »

Hopefully it means I get a job. If not, well, I'm studying biomedical engineering and robotics, so... I could be a supervillain.

I'm getting accepted to Karlsruhe Institute of Technology!
Neeeeeeeeeeeeerd.

Having second thoughts on this. For clarification, I mean this in a tsundere-y good-natured-ly banter kind of way. <3
Neeeeeeeeeeeeerd.
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Grats!!!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169645 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:03 am »

Also Sinistar, you can just click things in the top bar of 7 to go 'up'. It even lets you jump several layers at once too.

Also late hello to returned-Vector!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #169646 on: March 13, 2016, 09:59:29 am »

Alaska is where you should buy. As the world gets warmer it will become a lovely temperate location with a beach at the base of your mountain home.
Bearskin rug anyone?

May I suggest Russia? Right across the Bering channel. We have all this totally uninhabitable land which will in event of global warming actually stop being inhabitable!
Also, bearsking rugs for days.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169647 on: March 13, 2016, 10:19:33 am »

Also Sinistar, you can just click things in the top bar of 7 to go 'up'. It even lets you jump several layers at once too.

Also late hello to returned-Vector!
True, and Vista had this also. And true, it let you jump up for several layers... when it worked. Because sometimes it just didn't. Usually with long folder names or with folders that had same names as their parent folders. Unless there was any sort of workaround to this, but in my years of using Vista I found none. so yeah, ALL HAIL MIGHTY UP ARROW

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169648 on: March 13, 2016, 10:51:20 am »

Huh, I didn't realize that button was gone.  I just use alt-up, I prefer to use the keyboard to navigate most of the time.  Glad it's back though I guess, I hate most of the new UI changes (new since XP).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169649 on: March 13, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »

Just measured my pet snake. He's a little over two feet now. My babby danger noodle ain't such a baby anymore.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 11308 11309 [11310] 11311 11312 ... 13312