Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11332 11333 [11334] 11335 11336 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553305 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169995 on: March 21, 2016, 02:08:46 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:59:35 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #169996 on: March 21, 2016, 06:39:30 am »

Is it possible that there are easter eggs in games that haven't been discovered yet?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169997 on: March 21, 2016, 06:40:23 am »

Is it possible that there are easter eggs in games that haven't been discovered yet?
The odds are inversely proportional to the age of the game and the size of the fanbase.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169998 on: March 21, 2016, 07:53:03 am »

Did a presentation on branched-chain alpha-ketoaciduria today. Got a 28.5/30. (This one isn't officially marked, but it is considered indicative of our final assignment's quality.)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169999 on: March 21, 2016, 08:46:36 am »

If the game hasn't been discovered yet it's possible nobody even knows what the Easter eggs are.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170000 on: March 21, 2016, 08:50:35 am »

Splinter Cell: Double Agent had a secret mission to rescue baby alien seals that no one discovered for four years, so I don't see why not.

It might be less likely, these days, since there seem to be less easter eggs in general, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170001 on: March 21, 2016, 09:37:17 am »

As per WTF thread, had to switch from Pale Moon to Cyberfox because of more Google bullshit. But Cyberfox is apparently amazing, best Firefox branch I've used yet. And there's a new, ideologically-driven adblocker out too!

eeeeeee one of the default features is an icon that shows which tabs are producing sound
What kind of complicated pale moon thing were you running FD? gmail has worked fine for me and continues to do so.

Still, what does Cyberfox do differently compared to FF or PM?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170002 on: March 21, 2016, 10:34:09 am »

I've noticed a lot of ennui in a lot of people over the past year or so. Many people, at least/especially in America, having gotten into the habit of finding learning boring, and of avoiding work as much as possible. Many of them seem to be in the process of dealing with college or, worse, past it. This leaves them with no real idea of what to do, and a misguided impression that they don't want to do anything. By the time they realize that isn't really the case, they're kinda stuck in a rut, one which is very difficult to get out of.

I personally ended up experiencing much of the same thing, except during what would have been my high school years if I wasn't a weird homeschooled introvert. This, as it turns out, was a very good thing. I've had the opportunity to basically dick around on the computer with youtube and vidjagaems 18/7 for several years now, and it isn't, in fact, what I want, what with the creeping cloud of depression and anxiety. The good thing is that I came to that decision at age 17, just getting into community college, rather than age 29, just getting into the beginnings of middle age.

At this point, I'm hugely enjoying school, becoming involved with people and groups I find interesting, and generally well-to-do psychologically and physically.

My happy, I suppose, is that not only am I enjoying the educational system, not only am I finally doing something, not only am I far more competent socially and educationally than might reasonably be expected, but that I have gained a sense of purpose, of not only wanting to do things, but of having the drive to do them.

I have been, to conclude, happier in the past four months than the previous five years, and things are looking only upward.

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Congratulations. I've experienced the same thing once and even though college can get daunting, it's not something I would discard for another hour of vidyagaem. I realize that I've grown too attached to my friends IRL that I can't foresee a life without having another friend made to talk to - drink with or otherwise enjoy after graduation of college.

Loathe I am to admit, I am getting rather teary-eyed at the prospect of leaving college to work, because I'll be missing a lot of experiences that only college offered to me.
Urmph! I saved this tab before rushing off to work and school x_X

Personally, this. This so much. I've not rather experienced real ennui, and I wish I wouldn't ever (though I guess the nearest similarity is my daily anxiety + annoying voracious self-doubt :v)--because I've loved learning ever since, and I can see the great merit in school and academics. Not only do they expose you to a learning environment, but they also expose you to other aspects in life: Personally, college is where the best years are. I'm challenged under heavy standards, pressurized and put in hot waters--but, my instructors are my guides, they mould me and guide me when they see me dropping even a bit, or faltering in the slightest. Those memories followed me from elementary onwards and are what I guess what helped me express my love of learning. It's like an unrefined gem, which I guess could be an analogy for all of us. College is but one experience--we all need experience and exposure in life to attain refinement. 'Pressure, temperature, physical forces', analogous to exposure and how we mature and develop ourselves (in which IMO, a ton of that happens in College :P [curse thee undergrad thesis. Why didn't I get acquainted with you earlier?!]).

My happy is being able to see that very subtle line of demotivation and self-motivation. To understand how it feels to be depressed daily, yet parallel those experiences with the love of life and learning--to know how it feels at the bottom of a pit, yet be able to look up and climb. I could say it's all in the mind, but environment also matters (though I'd still personally stand by the idea that it all starts in mind: That one place where our thoughts mesh with what we see, with what we experience, and from where we process our understanding and derive meaning from what we see and experience).

I've learned a bloody lot. How to keep in touch with people. International communication. How to express yourself, and especially how to be safe...even if you don't really feel safe with others when they are actually good people and I didn't know that yet (but was stuck with the idea that they're bullies or may probably harm me if they knew my weaknesses :V Yep, 8 years of being bullied right there in a nutshell.)

I'm happy to be able to see others as I see them in how they see me. To actually understand and know how and what that one analogy of putting yourself in others' shoes means. Of how you are personally able to move your arm--and in those 'easy', 'simple' movements, realize how much it takes to be able to move them, then seeing the same in others. I guess that's empathy? But that one post up there, Amp/Trapezohedron, got me on a reminiscing train on my own perception of things. Thanks dudes c: You got me in a happy mood after having me...err, look a ton back on what I learned.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170003 on: March 21, 2016, 11:14:58 am »

I'm twenty seven today. Can't say I feel happy about it, it's just another day and another of my eventual death, but I thought I'd post about it. I don't have cake, and I might just sleep through it, I don't know.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170004 on: March 21, 2016, 11:17:07 am »

Take each day to celebrate--even the tiniest piece of gratefulness is sweet to any cynicality :3

Happy Birthday Joshua :D May you have many more to come, there ^ ^

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170005 on: March 21, 2016, 11:21:16 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #170006 on: March 21, 2016, 11:25:54 am »

HAPPY WOMB EXODUS ANNIVERSARY, JOSHUA!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170007 on: March 21, 2016, 11:46:53 am »

This is why I didn't post about my birthday in here.

In actual happiest, my daughter is practicing standing, and is getting pretty good at it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170008 on: March 21, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Thinking on it a bit more deeply, as I'm wanton to do, and I think that children, from the instant they're born, have an innate desire to become adults. The instant an infant can comprehend it's surroundings enough to acknowledge it's parents, the primordial soup inside their brains drives the first infantile thought: "I want to BE my parents".

I think, somewhere along the way, that desire that was in young-me was sought out and killed, leaving nothing in it's place. So as I physically approached adulthood, I mentally and emotionally recoiled at the thought. All the adults in my life, growing up, were excessively keen and enthusiastic to demonstrate just how disgustingly ugly, brutal, traitorous, and unfun adulthood was, and so somewhere in me I decided that I simply didn't want to become older, I wanted to stay planted in my naivete forever. It's just a hypothesis, but this hypothesis perfectly explains why I can't help but want to dig my feet in and not progress into the future at all, thought I know time won't have any of that shenanigans. So, however grimly and morosely, I'll need to plan out my very late-starting future for myself.

I'm being something of a black cloud here in the happy thread, honestly I should have just wrote this in the sad thread, but that's just how I'm rolling with this now. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to thank you all again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170009 on: March 21, 2016, 12:10:46 pm »

Your hypothesis goes along the line of conceptual association :O I could note that it's a lot less 'innate desire to become adults', and more an impression of learning from experience. Reminds me of a timeline I'm trying to work on to help me explain (and teach) to other people how experiences and our exposure to experiences early in life make influences in how we grow up.

Adulthood is like that, albeit adulthood means exposure to the many things that comprise society--how to hold it up, how to continue it, how to pursue stability in order for others or our offspring/those younger than us can help advance it, as well as anything personal (like our past and how it applies to the present). Tons of exposure and things that we may not have known before that we're seeing now, or things that we have known before that we're seeing in an altogether new perspective, now.

Point is: Experiences also play a hand in influencing how we see life. If our adults, or people in authority, give us a first impression that is consistent that adulthood sucks--we've an influence telling us in perception that adulthood sucks, and may associate it one way or another to see it that way. For us to align the sense they said. But...sometimes this doesn't work out that well. Sometimes, people describe things in a very rigid manner (that sounds very different if the same was said to them) ._.

...But that also brought me to remember all that on how I was expected to go by high standards reaaaaally early in life. xD
...That didn't result in good expectations towards myself and an influence to perfectionism .-. Oops.

Just to poke that you're no black cloud. It may merely be the thoughts that you may see in mind, but realistically--you're no black cloud or pervasive influence in the Happy thread. All are welcome here if they can respect both others and themselves. :)

Also, I'm adopted...so that hypothesis needs a biiiiit of adjustment since I don't know my parents. :P Just the idea of those around me who create my family.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:00:42 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 11332 11333 [11334] 11335 11336 ... 13312