Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11333 11334 [11335] 11336 11337 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14522647 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170010 on: March 21, 2016, 12:16:11 pm »

I have chicken and waffles. This is a 1000x better state of existence than NOT having chicken and waffles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170011 on: March 21, 2016, 12:28:26 pm »

I have chicken and waffles. This is a 1000x better state of existence than NOT having chicken and waffles.
But what if you also had ice cream?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170012 on: March 21, 2016, 12:46:10 pm »

But what if you also had ice cream?
Lactose-intolerant. Plus, ice cream and waffles are a good match. Chicken and waffles are a good match. Chicken and ice cream....are probably not a good match.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170013 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:46 pm »

Well, have you tried it?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170014 on: March 21, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »

I'm skeptical... meat's generally better room temperature or even warm :P
Replace the ice cream with cheese, and you have a winner.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170015 on: March 21, 2016, 12:52:45 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:59:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170016 on: March 21, 2016, 12:54:11 pm »

I'm skeptical... meat's generally better room temperature or even warm :P
Replace the ice cream with cheese, and you have a winner.

No, no....it'd be like fried chicken a la mode. Honestly, it could work.
The whole sweet/savory combo is core to chicken and waffles. And the hot/cold contrast is what makes pie a la mode so good.

I will have to find some lactose-free ice cream and attempt this for !!science!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170017 on: March 21, 2016, 12:55:49 pm »

Yeah, fried chicken and partially melted icecream. Sounds like a fine mix of sensations to me.
Not sarcastic, and not sarcastic about the lack of sarcasm.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #170018 on: March 21, 2016, 01:38:31 pm »

I just got home from a weekend away. Fairly fancy place, kind of the family biannual treat because we all work insanely hard in the first half of the year. Three days of reading, hiking, and long walks by the beach, with sides of bulk cookies and fun mental problems (I'm working on an AI for a board game, my parents just got Spacechem), plus early nights and lots of sleep. My brother is super sick, which sucks, but he's mostly recovering.

It's also looking reasonably likely that the university will accept my proposal for the construction of an alpha particle accelerator, which is neat.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #170019 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:30 pm »

Might get a job as an economist. Unsure. Have to take a test first for it, but they seem to like me on paper so far. Interesting.

More importantly, I'm studying some econ stuff I haven't worked on for years, just to jog my memory. GDP (real v nominal, deflator, PPF, etc). Basically I remember why I liked economics in school. It made pretty good sense mathematically, which is how I studied it.

This was the pure mathematical measures point, not the philosophically / politically corrupted crap they pass off as economics today. There's a reason economics was a historically very valuable degree. You actually understand the math behind stuff and it is very useful in comprehending how to really produce things and behave. Numerical economics (mathematical econ) is what I studied. It makes a lot of sense and I needed that refresher on a personal level for my own situation.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170020 on: March 21, 2016, 03:05:53 pm »

Go Truean!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170021 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »

@Truean: Yay! You deserve good things. Life has been too hard on you. I hope things work out!

@Rest of y'all: I-I liked the art of Undertale .m. it reminds me so much of nes/snes games that I go out of my way these days to emulate when I'm tired of "SO REAL GRAPHIX" like skyrim and farcry. I like pixel art and he's a good pixel artist mang.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170022 on: March 21, 2016, 03:20:45 pm »

The battle art was very nice.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170023 on: March 21, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »

-snep-

Small sample size, but the handful of econ folks I know really love what they do. I'm hoping so hard that this works out for you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170024 on: March 21, 2016, 04:31:08 pm »

As per WTF thread, had to switch from Pale Moon to Cyberfox because of more Google bullshit. But Cyberfox is apparently amazing, best Firefox branch I've used yet. And there's a new, ideologically-driven adblocker out too!

eeeeeee one of the default features is an icon that shows which tabs are producing sound
What kind of complicated pale moon thing were you running FD? gmail has worked fine for me and continues to do so.

Still, what does Cyberfox do differently compared to FF or PM?

Functionally... I'd describe it as Firefox without the concerns about Mozilla's trustworthiness. It runs a bit heavier than Pale Moon, but I couldn't afford to use Pale Moon when my primary email account and Canvas (for my grad school courses) were both having issues with it. That, and unlike PM it automatically opens new tabs directly adjacent to the tab they were opened from, instead of at the end of the tab bar. That alone drove me up the fucking wall.

It also seems to load web pages a bit faster than PM, especially when they're stuff with a lot of high-load media. The only real downside is that it is a slightly heavier burden, but with my machine a low two-digit MB increase on memory usage isn't really a concern.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11333 11334 [11335] 11336 11337 ... 13311