Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11334 11335 [11336] 11337 11338 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550459 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170025 on: March 21, 2016, 04:35:28 pm »

eeeeeee one of the default features is an icon that shows which tabs are producing sound
Is that like a new thing in firefox? I know that both chrome and safari both already do it (along with being able to click the icon to mute all other windows/just that window). (Still definitely an awesome feature though).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170026 on: March 21, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »

But... Firefox is open source, and there's a clear option (in advanced, but also directly after first launch) to disable sending telemetry.  Is there a privacy issue beyond that?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170027 on: March 21, 2016, 04:37:40 pm »

eeeeeee one of the default features is an icon that shows which tabs are producing sound
Is that like a new thing in firefox? I know that both chrome and safari both already do it (along with being able to click the icon to mute all other windows/just that window). (Still definitely an awesome feature though).
It wasn't in Firefox when I dropped it for Pale Moon, and Pale Moon never had it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170028 on: March 21, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

But... Firefox is open source, and there's a clear option (in advanced, but also directly after first launch) to disable sending telemetry.  Is there a privacy issue beyond that?

That's the point. I'm electing to use that freedom by switching to branches which don't force you to opt out of stuff because they don't have privacy-breaching "features" for you to opt out of. It's not a massive, scandalous thing, but it makes me uneasy for something like that to be toggled on by default (and not notifying users of its existence, meaning that they'll only notice it if they've already heard about it or by chance while doing their first-time config).

Also both CF and PM have a smaller impact on my system, so there's that.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170029 on: March 21, 2016, 04:52:53 pm »

Kudos for being aware of privacy issues and all, I expected nothing less from you...

But I just installed Firefox in a VPC to confirm, choosing all the default options during install, and let it launch.  After about a minute, I got a bar at the bottom notifying me that telemetry data is shared, and providing an option to limit or disable that.  That seems fair to me, assuming it works (which I'm pretty sure it does, because it's an open source project.  Duplicity might be overlooked, but a straight lie would not).
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170030 on: March 21, 2016, 04:59:58 pm »

Mm. Again, I don't think it's anything actively malicious, just a small step which could potentially have greater consequences down the road. Now that I'm using it, I also prefer the default look of CF's window bar, it's just a tiny bit cleaner--I think because of the coloring and size+shape of the top-left dropdown. FWIW here's a comparison with how I had PM set up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170031 on: March 21, 2016, 05:06:42 pm »

Ah, totally!  I'm using Classic Theme Restorer because I can't stand the default Firefox look nowadays.  All curvy and... yeah, just wrong.  So we're pretty much doing the same thing.  My interface looks pretty close to that, though I don't have a bar under the URL bar...
She/they

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170032 on: March 21, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »

...you don't have a bookmark bar?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170033 on: March 21, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »

Nope...  I use alt-b to access bookmarks on the very rare occasions (when I'm really bored).  Screen real estate is prime, and I can go to almost any place I've been too simply with ctrl-l "some relevant words" and select from the list.

That's how I get to my webcomics, I type like half a word and hit enter.  Reminds me of the mouse-gestures app I used to use in win2k.
She/they

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170034 on: March 21, 2016, 05:50:33 pm »

Finally got the documents for my bachelor's degree, it says my degree is "with distinction" because my grade is so good.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170035 on: March 21, 2016, 05:54:22 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:57:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170036 on: March 21, 2016, 05:55:19 pm »

Finally got the documents for my bachelor's degree, it says my degree is "with distinction" because my grade is so good.
*applauds*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170037 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:19 pm »

You earned it!

Edit: This is what makes me happy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgKXrIvoeY
It used to be a short clip of said song, with Equius rocking his hair back and forth
which was glorious
But now I listen to the full track, sometimes using the lovely loop feature that Youtube/Google finally implemented.
The full Shrapnel album is pretty cool too I've listened to it a few times.

Either go pretty well to Superh-
SUPER
HOT
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:16:16 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170038 on: March 21, 2016, 06:28:37 pm »

That's great to hear, man! Always good to see people getting proper recognition for their academic work.

3. Run Resize Enable

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170039 on: March 21, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »

Congrats man, that's awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 11334 11335 [11336] 11337 11338 ... 13312