Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11340 11341 [11342] 11343 11344 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550018 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170115 on: March 23, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »

Finally got around to learning programming, and it's pretty fun so far! I can't do anything but make bad joke scripts for friends, at the moment, but it's still neat.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170116 on: March 23, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »

Finally got around to learning programming, and it's pretty fun so far! I can't do anything but make bad joke scripts for friends, at the moment, but it's still neat.
System.out.println("Good job!  Go you!");
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170117 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:29 pm »

I never got the opportunity to make bad joke scripts for friends... my brother's friend is way into that kind of thing, I'm pretty sure I learned programming mostly through itemsyndrome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170118 on: March 23, 2016, 09:31:27 pm »

I learnt programming by making terrible VB scripts (like one that endlessly typed PENIS) and putting them onto the computers at school.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170119 on: March 23, 2016, 09:37:44 pm »

I have 4 hours to write as many thousand words without much prior knowledge of what they should be. Haha why did I think this was a thing I could do.
I know the thing to write now! And only 1 hour down. Decent progress sort of.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #170120 on: March 23, 2016, 09:38:58 pm »

Four thousand words in four hours....?

I simply couldn't. God's speed, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170121 on: March 23, 2016, 09:40:07 pm »

Good luck, write fast and well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #170122 on: March 23, 2016, 09:41:37 pm »

Four thousand words in four hours....?

I simply couldn't. God's speed, heh.

Meh, it's only 17 words/minute. Not that hard.

Then again, if you don't actually knkw, what those 17 wpm are... good luck Graknorke.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170123 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:44 pm »

Oh dear. :-[ I'm very touched by those two pages there. Pretty late notice, but that's timezones + busyness slowing down a reply!

Can't ever have enough Tiruin-esque people, that's for sure. In fact, i propose that we make "tiruin" an adjective that means "highly compassionate and caring". :v
But seeing this made me happy--not because it's using my name, but because I'm able to help others.

Just to poke though. I personally don't think that should be done (though if everyone else is OK with it--I'm ok with it and only then o_o) because all I'm showing is what anyone can do, regardless of country of origin, genetic background, or whatever have you on reasons behavior is like {x}.
TBF is Tiruin's long-lost brother. That's my explanation, and I'm sticking to it.
We shall never know.  ;P

But seriously, probably not.  I'm just too introverted in meatspace for that to happen.
In all seriousness, I'm pretty much introverted too. :P But remember that one can be introverted, yet love talking to other people and being with others and stuff like that (also to nudge Carl Jung because of how his introvert/extrovert ideas evolved), though the general gist is that introverts 'regain energy' when they're alone and stuff--still applies here.

If I could lay down a bit of my personal story--I'm pretty much introverted + social anxiety + perfectionism, and the major thing I've noticed that makes these things matter compared to how we interact is how we think and what we do based on that. Backing up to that one paragraph up there, it's something anyone has the potential to do and I know I'm not the first in doing it (and does it matter much? Seriously, this forum has a TON of people with that kind of attitude...err, attributed[?] to...me? I may probably[?] be more expressive. I dunno, honestly), because of quiet support. That kind of support which makes the community feel "OK", or that kind of support which tells you that it's ok to express something despite fears (ie anxiety or what will they say :'() otherwise.

Also if this is more in jest than anything else...as I can't really detect if people are joking or not (Tiruin has very bad joke-detection skills ._.). thanks either way :P Because it's an uplifting tone and mood it brings.

...I just wish I was less tired to be able to Englishy wording better and express a lot more than what I just wrote. x_X Argh!!
Happy to be able to use the internet in my spare time though. Hooray partly-stable internets \o/ (hooray being able to finish academics and other work too X_x)

It's also that I pretty much lack the words to respond to that in detail. Just thanks everyone.
But don't forget that y'all can do this too to others around you. :)

Afraid I haven't.
Figured as such. Tiruin's avatar is a rather skillful edit of one of the two protagonists of the game, Eirika. Eirika also has a rather optimistic, never-give-up disposition. It was fitting.
Awh! :-[ It's all Swordstar's thing though. :> She's the GM of the game I linked--and very much responsible for creating that avatar (though I did the background).

I've said a variation of this before, but it makes me happy that I can not study for a test whatsoever and still get a perfect score.

It's not a good thing. You need to get into good studying habits, dude.

This.
Also this. Much.

Stock knowledge work with that--not studying for a test and getting a perfect score. Mastery of the subject and scope of where the questions work. It can be a good thing in certain contexts, but it becomes a not-really-good thing when you feel confident in yourself that you do not (as a choice) study/learn and may miss out on the love of studying and learning that way. I may be assuming too much from a happy note here but it's a note on the side of caution because that kinda thing is what has happened to many of my classmates and schoolmates ._. This confidence however is better used as an indicator on how you got to where you got in your sense of mastery--using that to further your capabilities is a very strong value.

Which usually equals study habits :P Going back down the staircase of learning and being familiar with the steps, getting back up and putting it down in intent.

Belated Congratulations to Magma McFry by the way :D

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #170124 on: March 24, 2016, 02:33:57 am »

Spent the afternoon learning about Bezier curves in blender and then used it to make an organic looking level for something I want to make. I'm quite happy with the result. I feel as though I'm getting better with blender, a while ago I couldn't model a cube to save my life, now I'm able to make simple walking animations and other similar stuff.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170125 on: March 24, 2016, 02:47:29 am »

Final flag referendum closed ~an hour ago. Provisional results are 57% against the change and 43% for it (with an unspecified number of spoiled votes not counted).
Vote counting is to be done Wednesday, but for now it looks like we're not going to be adopting the dumb ugly shitflag.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #170126 on: March 24, 2016, 02:49:49 am »

Final flag referendum closed ~an hour ago. Provisional results are 57% against the change and 43% for it (with an unspecified number of spoiled votes not counted).
Vote counting is to be done Wednesday, but for now it looks like we're not going to be adopting the dumb ugly shitflag.

Well... Clearly NZ is boring at if you're voting about flags.

But yeah, what was wrong with the old one?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170127 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:59 am »

Well... Clearly NZ is boring at if you're voting about flags.

But yeah, what was wrong with the old one?
Nothing. Our current PM decided he wanted to campaign for a change, either because he genuinely wanted a new flag, or from a more conspiratorial mindset, wanted a smokescreen to distract from his TPPA/economy/sovereignty shenanigans.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170128 on: March 24, 2016, 03:25:38 am »

I got around to watching the new star wars. I actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting, and indeed, more than the original trilogy. Of course, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the series in general, but hey. That was good clean fun.

Also, the new red lightsaber thing looks all plasma-ey with jittery field lines, and I approve of this. Scientifically reasonable plasma swords, wooo.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170129 on: March 24, 2016, 08:42:22 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:50:31 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 11340 11341 [11342] 11343 11344 ... 13312