Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11399 11400 [11401] 11402 11403 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14605246 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171000 on: April 17, 2016, 07:30:27 am »

I've gone up to 16, but the game bogged down far too much for me to enjoy DMing it. I can handle up to about 8 players reliably (thanks, Charisma bonus/Management skills!)

I envision you as splitting into multiface multiarm Indian deity style when going that.

Also "something something roll on the random punch encounter table".
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171001 on: April 17, 2016, 08:33:06 am »

It is 5 am and i have uploaded a mod
Is it good?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171002 on: April 17, 2016, 08:47:14 am »

I prefer four players and a DM myself, but +/- one works too.
My old DM said he preferred 7 max, I think. But even with lots of players he would keep everyone entertained, even when the party was split.
That dude was pretty ace at DMing, I kinda wish I hadn't bailed on the group without warning... twice. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171003 on: April 17, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

I like 4 players. Mostly because it strikes the balance between the more players equals more difficulty and the issue with 3 players where you can have two of them more interested in each other and the third gets left out. A Two twosomes or a harem is okay in my books, but voyeurism is just sad.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171004 on: April 17, 2016, 12:32:45 pm »

I've had a fun time playing with 5 players (one of my brothers as GM). Pretty well-balanced story-wise, and provides plenty of flexibility when taking action and/or communicating IC and OOC.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171005 on: April 17, 2016, 12:56:04 pm »

4-5 is imo the best setup. Lots of interaction available.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171006 on: April 17, 2016, 01:06:12 pm »

We have six right now, and there is so much arguing
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #171007 on: April 17, 2016, 01:23:57 pm »

Scheduling difficulty is also directly proportional to player count.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171008 on: April 17, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

My only experience was a few sessions with a group of about 12.
Combat took weeks and I never actually got to do anything relevant. So I don't really count it... :/

Someday I'll find a way to actually play one of these things...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171009 on: April 17, 2016, 02:57:28 pm »

Well, if you want more action/activity than waiting, Fate Core is a pretty good game system to play with. It's more narrative than stat-based/action-focused. It's the one my brothers and I have been playing for a good while. Had some pretty fun moments here and there, and some pretty funny mark-ups of various aspects.

Like for example, my character's ship is/was an AWACS ship, and a pretty old model while at it, so we agreed upon labeling it as "Recognizably Ugly", which actually helped in finding it in a pinch one time. And given my character was based on my SS13 character Roman Howard, with a little bit of MacGuyvering here and there, another good aspect is "Ghetto-Chemistry" where I can make use of more household materials to BS a chemical compound to get a solution to a problem made. In one case, a roll of foil, a nearby blender, and a rusty window (lock?) led to what I call the "Thermite Window Incident", which also was a rare moment I outsmarted the GM, and cut the knot in a scenario. Stealth was key (and the others were flirting their way with the waitresses to get into the manager's office where the key item was), but I was impatient and found a much quicker solution that almost burned the place down in the process. That was a fun session.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:14:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171010 on: April 17, 2016, 04:29:30 pm »

It is 5 am and i have uploaded a mod
Is it good?

it'd better be i've been working on it for 5 years

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171011 on: April 17, 2016, 04:34:33 pm »

"Thermite Window Incident"
TELL USSSS
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171012 on: April 17, 2016, 07:04:51 pm »

"Thermite Window Incident"
TELL USSSS
It's been some time since we last played a session, so my memory about some details may be a tad fuzzy. Basically, some time since we crash landed on a world from the space station above, we were gathering intel on our situation and what caused the station to fall. Cover story was a meteor shower, but the truth was out there, and we were trying to figure things out. After we managed to get jumped by some guys that happened to know a bit about it, we tied them up and learned of a bar they had as a gathering spot that we could find more intel (of course, Roman was quite into his role as interrogator, using his cocktails of chems to coax some info out of them). Of course, the interrogation was happening while the others were already headed out to the bar to infiltrate it (e.g. bed the waitresses to get an in into the place). After my guy had his fun interrogating, he headed out of his ship, caught up with the rest of the team, but didn't want to further risk exposing themselves to any trouble, so he went to the back of the place to gain a different port of entry.

Naturally, the GM had to think ahead and have the window rusted upon my character's arrival. So, I played my "Ghetto-Chem" aspect/ability, explained what I was going to do (melt the lock/hinges of the window using the local materials available to make thermite), and I rolled high enough to make the stuff, but my execution rolled low enough to nearly burn the place down. That, or I successfully made it in, almost triggering security with the glow of the flames, but not getting their attention. Of course, the safe inside the office was locked, and there were no available options to get into besides waiting for the rest of the team to catch up (somehow get the documents inside, via manager, via hooking up with the staff (their rolls weren't the best guarantee)), waste what little time I already had to find out how to get inside the safe (key, code, lockpick, etc.), or melt the damn thing with what I still had made available (as stockpile for when I return to my craft, just in case, like thermite grenades or something). Naturally, I chose to melt the safe, which definitely alerted security when I nearly set the room on fire, but I did get into the safe, and nabbed the documents and bailed, returning to my ship.

Funny enough, everyone else ran back to my ship, I already had it fired up, we were ready to take off, and then a flashbang or gas grenade flew into my ship, and disoriented/knocked us all out. Upon waking up in the local police station, everyone was telling their own story, and I attempted to play innocent (since I wasn't part of the active party until much later on) and basically went off as if I was just about to take off, some ruffians jumped on board my ship, and all of a sudden all this BS started going on. Funny enough, I got called out for throwing everyone else under the bus. I would've gotten away with it too had I covered my tracks a little better (a camera got me running away from the crime scene). And that pretty much ended the session for the night, and we continued our story the following week from that point. Seeing as I pulled some shenanigans like that, the next session had to focus on my character and his development after pulling that move.

Basically, I knew a little more about chemistry than the GM (they had to fact-check my move (or at least see what thermite was/how it was made or made of); based on what I stated I was doing action-wise; it checked out), and that nearly knocked the game off the rails for a moment. Needless to say, the following session was fun. My dude ended up getting kidnapped after being processed by the authorities. Seemed the local gangs (or were they bounty hunters?) weren't too thrilled with my actions earlier. They must've frequented that bar or something.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:08:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171013 on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:00 am »

I restored a desktop PC! So now I own a desktop PC.

The most amazing thing: I put in a HDD from my old laptop, which had Debian on it. It boots and seems to run without any problems despite the hardware being completely different.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #171014 on: April 18, 2016, 11:48:49 am »

https://collections.royalarmouries.org/#/objects

The UK Royal Armouries put their complete catalogue online!

It's so beautiful. So many potential design and inspiration references ;_;
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 11399 11400 [11401] 11402 11403 ... 13312