Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11400 11401 [11402] 11403 11404 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14548463 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171015 on: April 18, 2016, 01:10:41 pm »

I restored a desktop PC! So now I own a desktop PC.

The most amazing thing: I put in a HDD from my old laptop, which had Debian on it. It boots and seems to run without any problems despite the hardware being completely different.
What a coincidence, I'm about to get my new computer this week (sometime between Tuesday and Thursday), and after I have everything setup, I hope I'll be able to dual-boot my old OS (32-bit Vista) with my new OS (64-bit Win-10) without any hiccups; if at least to adapt my old machine to the present era. Otherwise, also to be able operate anything that might lose compatibility across OSs.

Since I'm so used to slugging along, and watching chunks of stuff load up (since my old machine is 10 years old and all), it's gonna be a surreal experience having relatively non-existent loading times. I'm not used to things working (well), or good things happening to me. I'm gonna need some ideas to help re-adjust to this new age of awesome, and make good use of my new hardware. I'm already thinking up what I can do and where I can apply some of it; like actually having the rendering power for Blender and Terragen and such, and making awesome things with it and so on. I might be frequenting the Random Things Drawn/Shopped/etc. thread with crap I make in my free time, now I have some serious power behind my creativity now/again (Nvidia GTX 980Ti).

Probably the biggest boon ought to be in my freelancing career, since NOW I can finally do some jobs that required more power to get done (and in turn, also draw a greater income as well), or at least, no longer risk burning out my machine and all. Furthermore, since processing speeds will be magnitudes faster and such (from Core 2 Duo to an i7 Quad Core... I think that speaks for itself there. ;D), I believe my workloads can also increase by a fair magnitude or so, hopefully rendering my need for a min. wage job no longer necessary (besides to pay rent, if my freelancing isn't pulling it's weight enough). If anything, I can at least request less work days to work, so I can focus on the awesome more, and hopefully draw in more profit in the long-run; eventually phasing my old job out, and returning to my intended course of life: Doing work on my terms and within my standards, with my consent of adjusting those terms via contracts. Basically, to have more full-control over my life again will be a blessing in itself to have again. In case it seems like my personality has gone unrecognizable (to a degree) from what everyone's used to; I'm just happy again. My face will have to get used to smiling again; it's not used to it.

EDIT:
Just realized, anything that was previously incompatible with my present machine, like Steam broadcasting and such, will now be compatible. So I might broadcast some of my gaming again during some of my free time too. I think this will make a good turning point for how I live.

EDIT EDIT:
Having this sucker future-proofed for a good while (I made sure to be able to invest in going all-out with this build, and not break my bank in the process too), and VR-ready while at it, it was definitely worth the extra budget invested in it. The extra work I have to put in to make up the difference hopefully shouldn't be too much. Plus, I'd rather make up that difference via freelancing, rather than washing dishes for another month (more like a week or so, actually). If not for income reasons (freelancing is way faster income-wise), then at least for morale reasons. I'd rather work in the comfort of my home, than in a(nother) restaurant. All that remains is updating my software, and investing in some classes online to refresh what I know, and learn some new things and tricks, and expand my horizons more so I can actually have things going to plan as I planned it, and not how others plan it. Basically, I want to be able to pick and choose how I make my income, than to be fixed in a (or a few min. wage) job(s) where my options are severely limited, and I don't have any real breathing room (creatively or otherwise (recreationally)). Provided everything goes to plan, I'm essentially gonna be like a new person after this week. I look forward to it so much.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:50:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171016 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:15 pm »

https://collections.royalarmouries.org/#/objects

The UK Royal Armouries put their complete catalogue online!

It's so beautiful. So many potential design and inspiration references ;_;

I genuinely didn't know that helmet from Dark Souls was based on a real thing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171017 on: April 18, 2016, 02:02:19 pm »

That doesn't seem like it would be all that protective, as far as helmets go.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #171018 on: April 18, 2016, 03:16:05 pm »

So I told Nexus Mod Manager to briefly glance in Skyrim's direction and it instantly fixed all the problems I was having with it.
Working theory is that it is literally witchcraft. I don't have a problem with this, other then not being able to do such dark magiks on my own.

God its like someone saw into the future and somehow figured a super stereotypical nerd sitting around a table was the most horrific thing they could base their helmet on.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171019 on: April 18, 2016, 04:35:42 pm »

I think the thing about that helmet is that it was supposed to be kind of a really expensive practical joke at the time. It was mostly used to amuse guests at fancy parties.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #171020 on: April 18, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »

God its like someone saw into the future and somehow figured a super stereotypical nerd sitting around a table was the most horrific thing they could base their helmet on.

"Ho, m'lord! Aye proclame that oun dee-twenie muſt bie roled if han thou leed myſelfe toward cataclyſme."

"Shut the hell up, Geoffrey."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:50:54 pm by Laptisen »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #171021 on: April 18, 2016, 05:29:47 pm »

I think the thing about that helmet is that it was supposed to be kind of a really expensive practical joke at the time. It was mostly used to amuse guests at fancy parties.
Most of the ridiculous weapons and gaudy armor you find in museums were just that during their actual time; parlor decorations that were never actually used in combat.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #171022 on: April 18, 2016, 05:33:53 pm »

Most of the ridiculous weapons and gaudy armor you find in museums were just that during their actual time; parlor decorations that were never actually used in combat.
What's the medieval version of tacticool?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171023 on: April 18, 2016, 05:42:16 pm »

Someone I kinda like kinda likes me back!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171024 on: April 18, 2016, 05:43:17 pm »

The forum doesn't count as a person, TBF, no matter how much you post.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171025 on: April 18, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »

I kinda like you too!  Platonically though :P
Congratulations (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171026 on: April 18, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »

*snrk*
*uncontrolled giggling*
I kinda like you too!  Platonically though :P
Congratulations (:
Aww, thanks!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #171027 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51:14 pm »

Now, now. We could give it credit if he had said "a Hive I kinda like kinda likes me back," given that the forum is a conglomeration of individual persons working in (a sometimes dysfunctional) union.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #171028 on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »

Now, now. We could give it credit if he had said "a Hive I kinda like kinda likes me back," given that the forum is a conglomeration of individual persons working in (a sometimes dysfunctional) union.

I'd prefer everyone to refer to ourselves as a 'hivememe'.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #171029 on: April 18, 2016, 05:54:23 pm »

Maybe he means he likes Pathos
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 11400 11401 [11402] 11403 11404 ... 13312