Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11443 11444 [11445] 11446 11447 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14610223 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171660 on: May 07, 2016, 07:17:01 am »

(wall of pretty decent explanation snip)
Some comments for more accuracy:

It's not a linear chain of actions. Like sugar->fat->protein.

Normally, all of these happen, to some degree, the primary difference is in how fast each process happens. When your metabolism demands 100E of energy, it will consume all three at the same time, except it can cash in (arbitrary numbers) 9 molecules of glucose for 6E, 4 of fats for 10E and 1 of protein for 6E at one unit of time.

So, in the end, when you look at the expenditures, it's a mix of all three, just in various amounts.

That also means that if you overate by a very small amount of energy eating a perfectly equal mix of calories from each of the three, the calorie surpluses wouldn't be equal - the sugars are processed the fastest, so a lot of them would be turned into the energy to cover the actual energy needs before you hit the surplus amount; the fats are slower to process, so a much larger part of energy released from them would be the surplus.

I'm deliberately omitting proteins here, because I don't remember and CBA to check the data on how reluctant the body is to let them go to waste compared to fats.

But if you overeat by the same amount of surplus calories in pure sugars, pure fats, or pure protein doesn't matter. You'll get fat.

And going back to the non-linear thing, glycogen also stimulates the release of fats from the adipose tissue, so at any time, it's a mix of sugars and fats.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171661 on: May 07, 2016, 07:38:46 am »

I got a happy in my PMbox o_o
You know, on Wednesday it'll be your five-year anniversary of joining Bay12. I'll be working that day but I thought I'd... mention it? Congratulate you? Something anyway... in advance. :P
[...]
Really I just wanted to say hi since I haven't seen you around in like a week. :-\
It made me happy not merely because someone remembered the anniversary date thing, but that someone PM'd this thing and it made me happy.
I'm too happy to put detail into the action. :-[
But this made my week. o_o

Edit: ARGh, nutrition discussion D: Exactly what I studied in the past years and my mind is drawing a blank on it all because of being tired from studying! (Ok, eyestrain. E/Books. Reading. :v)

-healthy snip!-
Also don't forget that a person's metabolism also plays a key role in how all that works. :P
Along with their thyroid gland. And other factors.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:41:34 am by Tiruin »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #171662 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:43 am »

i have no idea

:U

Also, went to the library to turn in some books for mom. They have a music section that i normally just brush past, but since my brother decided to browse for finance/economy books, i figured i might as well browse through their HEAVY section. To my surprise, i found two CDs from Korpiklaani and one from Therion. They also had one Finntroll CD, but i already have that album. But hey, i know what to listen to now. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171663 on: May 07, 2016, 10:02:49 am »

Yay!  Everyone is happy!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171664 on: May 07, 2016, 10:34:19 am »

[concentrated pure happiness noises intensify]
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #171665 on: May 07, 2016, 11:36:56 am »

You know what's great for self-confidence?

Looking at yourself in the mirror, and staring yourself in the eyes,

and saying nice things.

I did that just now, saying what I always say to other people, and it really made my day. And today was already great, so yeah.

Saw a fun self-esteem suggestion the other day.

When your inner voice says negative things about you, turn it into Donald Trump saying those things.  Suddenly it's really easy to tell that inner voice to fuck off, and disregard its negativity.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171666 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:38 pm »

Saw a fun self-esteem suggestion the other day.

When your inner voice says negative things about you, turn it into Donald Trump saying those things.  Suddenly it's really easy to tell that inner voice to fuck off, and disregard its negativity.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA YES.
Sigtext

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #171667 on: May 07, 2016, 03:44:27 pm »

You know what's great for self-confidence?

Looking at yourself in the mirror, and staring yourself in the eyes,

and saying nice things.

I did that just now, saying what I always say to other people, and it really made my day. And today was already great, so yeah.
o_o
YAY :D Other people do this!

I'm remembering a post by i2amroy and others detailing the background of 'Blood is thicker than water' but forgot where or which thread to specifically locate it in from the searchengine >_>
Thinking to use some details of it in writing my mom a card. Then writing my dad a card. Because I'm finally getting around to making cards for people I care about ._. Then making other people a card, then emailing that card to them via picture and text.

...GAH where is that post D:
Yeah..... I kinda feel down now though, for reasons I will not put in the happy thread.

Also, Tiruin PM pls
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171668 on: May 07, 2016, 04:46:55 pm »

*hugs*
If you want to talk, my PM box is also open.
Aye.  Hugpile.

Also open PM box.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:08:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171669 on: May 07, 2016, 05:06:33 pm »

For that matter, I'd be happy to talk shit over with somebody, though it'll probably take me like two days to notice I have a PM. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #171670 on: May 07, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »

Thanks, all. I am kinda feeling better now.

Also, I'm just waiting for Tiruin to send me a PM,so yeah.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171671 on: May 07, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »

I figured out how to wobble!

Turns out I was tapping A at tempo 200 instead of 210, lol

Also, the drugs (ritalin for ADHD) are... working? At least, I just managed to practice melee for a while and think of what I ought to be doing while playing instead of thinking of a million other things and then stopping and doing something else.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:01:59 pm by Putnam »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #171672 on: May 07, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

Interviewed on phone. Got emailed company health plan materials in hr thank you email....

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171673 on: May 07, 2016, 07:18:37 pm »

SQUEAKS som eon e used my wanna-be Egyptians quote and called it "the quote"?? omg im
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:25:03 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #171674 on: May 07, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

Interviewed on phone. Got emailed company health plan materials in hr thank you email....

Go Truean!  Get the jearb!!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 11443 11444 [11445] 11446 11447 ... 13312