Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11488 11489 [11490] 11491 11492 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555094 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #172335 on: May 31, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »

Sssh, no spoilers!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172336 on: May 31, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse last night. It was fun! Not as good as the last two, and pretty predictable in a lot of places, but well worth seeing.
That Quicksilver scene, though.
Pretty much the best part of the movie, IMHO. The rest of it was kinda just another chapter in the endless run of effects-heavy superhero movies.

I did like the fact that my all-time favorite mutant was in it, though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172337 on: May 31, 2016, 03:35:40 pm »

Man I somehow managed to finish that flappy bird thing complete with a python backend to record the data (which is the entire point!).

First time using JS, first time doing networking stuff, first time using databases, I think I did a pretty good job c:

http://robust.noip.me/

(the server is plugged into my cell charger, so i'll have to find a solution for that and the server might not have the best uptime)

Gonna plug this here because I need sample size and I'm happy that I finally did something eeee.

It's a flappy bird clone for a school research project, made completely by me (JS + Python backend using sqlite and bottle) c:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #172338 on: May 31, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »

Man I somehow managed to finish that flappy bird thing complete with a python backend to record the data (which is the entire point!).

First time using JS, first time doing networking stuff, first time using databases, I think I did a pretty good job c:

(the server is plugged into my cell charger, so i'll have to find a solution for that and the server might not have the best uptime)

Gonna plug this here because I need sample size and I'm happy that I finally did something eeee.

It's a flappy bird clone for a school research project, made completely by me (JS + Python backend using sqlite and bottle) c:

Sample size? Are you... doing tests on us?

(Insert long-winded Illuminati confirmed joke/conspiracy theory that's too silly to be taken seriously here)

Of course, you can't exactly tell us the details 'cause experiment stuff, right?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172339 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:12 pm »

I am well-rested and tired as hell physically, but done all housework for today. Now I await a thunderstorm.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #172340 on: May 31, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »

I am well-rested and tired as hell physically, but done all housework for today. Now I await a thunderstorm.

Come over to Austin, we've just had one... I think it's still ongoing in certain parts of Texas, in fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #172341 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:46 pm »

Got a job. Small place, so not exactly something I'm looking forward to long term. But on the other hand it should be a reasonably quiet, easy place in which to get used to my new status,
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172342 on: May 31, 2016, 05:11:59 pm »

Sample size? Are you... doing tests on us?

(Insert long-winded Illuminati confirmed joke/conspiracy theory that's too silly to be taken seriously here)

Of course, you can't exactly tell us the details 'cause experiment stuff, right?
Eh, I'd rather not. The game just assigns a unique identifier and then records the score every time you lose, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172343 on: May 31, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse last night. It was fun! Not as good as the last two, and pretty predictable in a lot of places, but well worth seeing.
That Quicksilver scene, though.
Pretty much the best part of the movie, IMHO. The rest of it was kinda just another chapter in the endless run of effects-heavy superhero movies.

I did like the fact that my all-time favorite mutant was in it, though.
The other scene I liked was the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172344 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:39 pm »

I'm building a half couch for our next Shakespeare show. Like, actually building it. Outta plywood and a couple of old chairs. My life is weird.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172345 on: May 31, 2016, 10:20:35 pm »

I'm building a half couch for our next Shakespeare show. Like, actually building it. Outta plywood and a couple of old chairs. My life is weird.

Yeah, set design is always a fun time. :P

My happy is that I FINALLY managed to get libtcod to work properly. Actually, that's kind of misleading. Let's say that libtcod finally started working properly and I was nearby. After hours and hours of trying increasingly silly and irrational fixes and installing semi-related programs to help figure out what needed fixing, I eventually got fed up and just redid everything from the top. And now it works. I SWEAR this is exactly how I had it at first, when it spat oodles of errors at me. But the important thing is that it works.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #172346 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:37 pm »

My happy is that I FINALLY managed to get libtcod to work properly. Actually, that's kind of misleading. Let's say that libtcod finally started working properly and I was nearby. After hours and hours of trying increasingly silly and irrational fixes and installing semi-related programs to help figure out what needed fixing, I eventually got fed up and just redid everything from the top. And now it works. I SWEAR this is exactly how I had it at first, when it spat oodles of errors at me. But the important thing is that it works.

Libtcod? Sounds like some really weird kind of... fish? What is it?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172347 on: May 31, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »

IIRC it's a roguelike game + general graphics console library for python.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #172348 on: May 31, 2016, 10:39:21 pm »

Do you guys like my new haircut?

I think it accents my tusks nicely.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172349 on: May 31, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »

It's what Rush Limbcod calls the liberal targets of his fishy radio rants.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11488 11489 [11490] 11491 11492 ... 13312