Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11548 11549 [11550] 11551 11552 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374057 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #173235 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »

I've only seen Serenity, but that was a very good movie.

I was just kinda bored, and on my brother's netflix.

Anyway, in other happys, my internet has returned, and I have played a lot of Dungeons of Dredmor and Torchlight 2.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173236 on: June 29, 2016, 07:28:39 pm »

I enjoyed the film, but I think that a lot of people didn't like that it was a definitive end-point for the story.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173237 on: June 29, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »

Yeah... even though I love the series, and have rewatched most of it a couple of times now, the movie really did conclude the main plot quite well.

It's not that there were unresolved plots, I just want more of the setting.
Especially...  Actually, I like *all* the main cast about as much.
Except Mal <3
And the doctor/River are eh

Yes, *I* like Reverend Book more than the "main plot characters".
But they did resolve the plot, which is a lot to expect I guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #173238 on: June 29, 2016, 08:31:15 pm »

Oh hey, Cinder's pretty avatar is back! Woo!

plz don't bite me
nom
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173239 on: June 29, 2016, 08:35:17 pm »

I like your twisted avatars too (:
But yes, happy avatar is good...  I hope it means you're feeling happy.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173240 on: June 29, 2016, 09:25:49 pm »

Managed to read a text in what appears to be medieval spanish (plus it's introduction in regular french). It gets rather... weird towards the end, focusing on things such as "sins of the ears" and "sins of the feet".

Awesome!
...Wait, Brazilians don't speak Spanish!
Some do, but yeah not native language. Am getting better at reading it at least, even if I can't speak or write anything but insults I learned from Argentinians shouting/typing at me in online games ("Boludo" in particular seems like a favorite of them. Dunno why saying someone has big balls is an insult, but hey.). It helped, though, that the texts seems to have been made with poorer people and less educated priests in mind, so it doesn't use any complex terms.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173241 on: June 29, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »

Is there no hope of a revival, then? Surely Fox can see big dollar signs over it by now, if it really is that popular....
It's possible in a certain sense, but rather unlikely.  In spite of how vocal the fandom is, it's not actually all that large in terms of numbers, nor does it have a disproportionately large financial weight in terms of willingness and ability to spend on merch.  Serenity, which was as much a chance to float the possibility of a return as it was a conclusion to the TV story, did poorly at the box offices, and that without the excuse of FOX dinking around behind the scenes.  There's also the question of getting the old actors back together if you want to reunite the original crew, given that quite a few of them (Fillion, Torres, Baccarin, and Baldwin, as far as I can tell) have other contract work; putting together a new crew in the existing 'verse would run a greater risk, and the countervailing circumstances that usually leads to the creation of spin-offs (that is, that the franchise is already big enough to provide a premade fandom) don't quite play as well given the above. 

You'll just have to wait for the MMO, but given how most licensed MMOs are even if/when they do eventually make it to release, I wouldn't recommend too much confidence on that front, either. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:40:39 pm by Culise »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #173242 on: June 29, 2016, 10:40:15 pm »

Saw a daddy long legs for the first time in ages. They're cool spiders. I also had lunch for the first time in a while as well. Lunch is nice, I should eat it more often.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #173243 on: June 29, 2016, 10:46:29 pm »

Saw a daddy long legs for the first time in ages. They're cool spiders. I also had lunch
Heh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173244 on: June 29, 2016, 11:00:40 pm »

I was thinking the same thing xD
Daddy long legs are cool.  I've heard they're venomous, but can't bite people.  I don't know if that's true.  But they never bothered me like other spiders, they were cute.
They don't live up here where I am, but I used to see a lot where I grew up.  I'd put them on my arms and let them crawl around, heehee.
Like rolly-pollys and inchworms!

There were lots of unfriendly bugs like silverfish millipedes and brown recluses, so these friendly insects were honored guests.
Much like the blacksnakes who handled the rodents.  And the sadly rare kingsnake who chased off the copperheads.
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173245 on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:42 pm »

I'm happy because I've finally decided to stop being a lurker and make an account. Hey Bay12!
Welcome!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #173246 on: June 29, 2016, 11:07:26 pm »

Saw a daddy long legs for the first time in ages. They're cool spiders. I also had lunch
Heh
There wouldn't have been enough meat on it. A huntsman on the other hand...

I was thinking the same thing xD
Daddy long legs are cool.  I've heard they're venomous, but can't bite people.  I don't know if that's true.  But they never bothered me like other spiders, they were cute.
They don't live up here where I am, but I used to see a lot where I grew up.  I'd put them on my arms and let them crawl around, heehee.
I did the same thing! We don't get as many spiders where I am now though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173247 on: June 29, 2016, 11:14:22 pm »

I'm not a fan of spiders...Or insects...Or, honestly, I don't really like much, animal-wise, except, like, really low-maintenance pets?  So...Fish, appropriately enough.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #173248 on: June 29, 2016, 11:21:03 pm »

June 30. Today is the day that our president elect and all other officials formally take their respective positions. o_o

In other words: Yay thesis lacking stress \o/ I can relax and balance my output stress levels under pressure better! (Though I can't mention why because of reasons :P but time is a major factor!)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173249 on: June 30, 2016, 12:05:32 am »

Tomorrow is Canada Day. I might do something special. Dunno, I have money and time, though. Also, though I don't plan on watching it, my brother has informed me that the new Berserk series begins tomorrow.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 11548 11549 [11550] 11551 11552 ... 13310