Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11557 11558 [11559] 11560 11561 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14593915 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #173370 on: July 04, 2016, 12:19:35 pm »

I'm at a circus and the show is about to begin.
Was fun. Could have used a few demons, but I guess acrobats, animal trainers and (nonironic) clowns do just fine.

Made me think how a circus could be implemented in DF. We already have code for entertainer troupes, after all, and several applicable skills (Animal Trainer/Handler, Comedy, Music...).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #173371 on: July 04, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »

It's Tiruin's birthday according to the IRC chat we're in

I don't know if they mentioned it here so I'm just going to wish them a happy birthday
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #173372 on: July 04, 2016, 12:24:34 pm »

By the looks of Tir's profile it's not her birthday :v

But today is Republic Day in the Philippines, so happy Republic Day, Tiruin!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173373 on: July 04, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »

Yay! Explosions day! Happy explosions for best country!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #173374 on: July 04, 2016, 02:04:18 pm »

Yay! Explosions day! Happy explosions for best country!

Pardon me for objecting to the latter statement, but happy independence day to you star-spangled amerikanskis nonetheless. Just be safe around your guns, grills and firecrackers today.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:06:16 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #173375 on: July 04, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »

For some reasons I have this feeling that somebody already made an anime with that premise.
Gosick
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173376 on: July 04, 2016, 08:21:26 pm »

I just love Shu Takumi's portrayal of Holmes as an eccentric wacko instead of some kind of dreary sad-sack like he usually ends up being adapted into.

It's been a while since I read the original stories, but I can picture Holmes being a mature boy more than a deary sad-sack. Always happy to start a new case. Sticks his nose in other people's business. Goes running to his big brother whenever he has any difficulties. Doesn't sound like something a deary sad-sack would ever do.

EDIT: Now I want a series where Holmes is a precocious eight year old boy. Absolutely nothing else is different though. He still smokes his pipe, solves cases and throws himself into danger. Just as a young kid, for the humour factor.

EDIT2: And of course, Watson is his exasperated guardian.

"Holmes, why are you smoking a pipe?" "It's Victorian England. Anybody can smoke what they want when they want."

"Elementary, my dear Watson." "Don't use that tone of voice with me, young man."

"It's your bedtime Holmes." "But Waaaaston. Let me solve just once more case?"

There was a children's book series called Encyclopedia Brown, about a boy called the same, who is really only considered intelligent because everyone around him cannot handle simple logic. Like, nobody. Not even the police(and EB's dad is a cop). The only one who comes close was the local bully who used actually pretty decent logic building his scams... which would fall apart within seconds(and do once EB shows up) if everyone else besides the main character wasn't a complete idiot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173377 on: July 04, 2016, 09:11:35 pm »

Wasn't he the one that'd always charge one nickle?  There might have been a few young hardy detectives like that.

I got to see some fireworks, and was able to leave early because bicycle.  Lots of people up on the hill, and we saw fireworks from 4 separate towns!

I was able to jump in and help solve a crisis today at work, letting my boss enjoy fireworks with his family.  Despite having a mandated day off lol.  Feeling useful this way has probably broken the serious funk I've been in all week.  Vicious cycle averted I hope!

And damn this muggy heat, but I set up a fan and been drinking a lot of cold water and V8.  Really helped me to get a passable night's rest last night.  I'm thankful I'm in the mountains, it's so much worse back home!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173378 on: July 04, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »

Happy Freedom Explosion day! Did you go see explosions?

Also forgotten about Philippines Republic day AKA US mandated Independence day. I don't remember it being celebrated though, like ever.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:24:37 pm by majikero »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #173379 on: July 04, 2016, 10:05:05 pm »

I just love Shu Takumi's portrayal of Holmes as an eccentric wacko instead of some kind of dreary sad-sack like he usually ends up being adapted into.

It's been a while since I read the original stories, but I can picture Holmes being a mature boy more than a deary sad-sack. Always happy to start a new case. Sticks his nose in other people's business. Goes running to his big brother whenever he has any difficulties. Doesn't sound like something a deary sad-sack would ever do.

EDIT: Now I want a series where Holmes is a precocious eight year old boy. Absolutely nothing else is different though. He still smokes his pipe, solves cases and throws himself into danger. Just as a young kid, for the humour factor.

EDIT2: And of course, Watson is his exasperated guardian.

"Holmes, why are you smoking a pipe?" "It's Victorian England. Anybody can smoke what they want when they want."

"Elementary, my dear Watson." "Don't use that tone of voice with me, young man."

"It's your bedtime Holmes." "But Waaaaston. Let me solve just once more case?"

There was a children's book series called Encyclopedia Brown, about a boy called the same, who is really only considered intelligent because everyone around him cannot handle simple logic. Like, nobody. Not even the police(and EB's dad is a cop). The only one who comes close was the local bully who used actually pretty decent logic building his scams... which would fall apart within seconds(and do once EB shows up) if everyone else besides the main character wasn't a complete idiot.
Not to mention Encyclopedia's logic was totally wrong all the time. "Roosters only crow when they see light!" "If you only cry one tear, it always comes out the inner corner of your eye!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #173380 on: July 05, 2016, 03:18:00 am »

Okay, you know what, my appearance can get stuffed.

Today is the day that I will work my hardest, fight my hardest, to be physically attractive.

And also do other things to make me hopefully a cooler person with a lot of friends. Like being able to speak six languages, or be super nice, or be able to please three men at the same time in bed, or be able to draw things like a master.

I'm done with mediocrity.

Feel free to PM me and diss me if I fail this in the future.

Edit: Wow I'm getting increasingly embarrassed about this post and debating scrubbing it, but I find it obnoxious when people do that... Plus it's still a happy. Just feeling awkward and dumb having this post, though.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:40:01 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173381 on: July 05, 2016, 12:04:37 pm »

Self-improvement is good, I guess!  You're already really pretty (dat hair) but I wish you the best of luck (:

I mean, I've been ashamed to go outside at all recently, but it's because I was being a depressed gross slob XD
Which is my happy for today actually, that's passed for now (:  I took good initiative at work yesterday and even more just now, feeling more like my confident self again.

There's some cleanup to do, but the hard part is over!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173382 on: July 05, 2016, 12:09:13 pm »

We already spoke, and you aren't mediocre, but self improvement is always a good thing. The determination I see in that post is pretty inspiring too so here I am in the happy thread, I guess.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173383 on: July 05, 2016, 12:11:15 pm »

We already spoke, and you aren't mediocre, but self improvement is always a good thing. The determination I see in that post is pretty inspiring too so here I am in the happy thread, I guess.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173384 on: July 05, 2016, 12:54:44 pm »

Reminds me of Freedom Wars. For a game about being sentenced to a million years for the crime of being born and being a drain on resources, I do find it uplifting.

Even a worthless drain on society can achieve great things if you put your mind to it! :D
Pages: 1 ... 11557 11558 [11559] 11560 11561 ... 13312