Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11634 11635 [11636] 11637 11638 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562148 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [*KHEZUNOISES*] What is even a whole orange (Happy thread)
« Reply #174525 on: August 14, 2016, 02:48:10 am »

I don't think people typically keep river or pond water in their fridge.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #174526 on: August 14, 2016, 03:32:21 am »

Does irrigation ditch water count? We used a bit of that after earthquakes buggered the wells.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #174527 on: August 14, 2016, 03:35:38 am »

Mewsniffer tier water.

0/10

0/100
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174528 on: August 14, 2016, 03:50:42 am »

I like writing things. It feels good and things. Yes.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #174529 on: August 14, 2016, 04:28:24 am »

Mmm, sitting alone in my room, window open, and it's POURING down outside. I like rain, at least as long as i'm not stuck outside in it. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #174530 on: August 14, 2016, 05:01:29 am »

Shmup sounds like a genre of beat-'em-up fighting games, except the martial art competed in is the Quiet Game.
Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174531 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:24 am »

Shmup sounds like a genre of beat-'em-up fighting games, except the martial art competed in is the Quiet Game.
'Shump is shoot 'em up. The more you knowww~
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174532 on: August 14, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »

Does irrigation ditch water count? We used a bit of that after earthquakes buggered the wells.
Christchurch?

Our water was a bit iffy during the floods, yeah.

Edit: below comic makes me miss pictures for sad children.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:16:20 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #174533 on: August 14, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

I admit I've done this, more than once too
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:56:12 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #174534 on: August 14, 2016, 03:17:47 pm »

When I was at uni, all the time.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #174535 on: August 14, 2016, 03:54:52 pm »

I recently got strong enough to do a reasonable amount of push ups, at first I could only do ten but now I'm up to twenty. Before I started exercising I couldn't even do one, Its nice to finally be strong enough to do this.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #174536 on: August 14, 2016, 05:15:07 pm »

Started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I can't believe I've been missing out on this!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #174537 on: August 14, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »

Found a great binder of my old stuff (Today the binder itself would probably be $15). It was 4 or 5 inches thick and had multiple inside cover pockets.

It contained exceptional world building notes written when I was 12. Detailed national, regional, and local area maps.... Incomplete, sadly, but interesting. It was me creating without deadlines, though as a coping mechanism to deal with growing up in Hell. Handwritten notes with illustrations (artwork or organizational) showed my manufactured world. Some of it was even typed out and preserved in plastic slip sheets (sadly, not all of it). Still, nice. It was something to keep my mind off the problems I grew up in and around. All I needed was light and paper and a pencil.

The illustrations were usually fairly crude topographical maps, but useful for determining elevation and tree positioning (game wise for landscape). I had difficulty knowing which lines were peaks and valleys back then and actually labeled them as such sometimes. So, that's actually an old problem I've had for years. Keep in mind, this was hand drawn with pencil and in the 90s, and perhaps some of the early 2000s? It isn't exactly dated.

What strikes me is that it is old. By the standards of those days, it was ground breaking. Keep in mind, this was before World of Warcraft (WoW) came out at all. "Open World" wasn't a thing yet. The notion of much flexibility in a pen and paper RPG was all but unheard of practically speaking (Yes, it existed. No it wasn't common or done well, usually. Certainly not by today's' standards). There absolutely are mistakes and misspellings (pencils don't have spell check).

Sadly, I'm missing some of the organizational documents that bind it all together, but you can see what was going on there. Still, interesting.

I used to love doing a lot of work organizing things. Today, everybody asks, "why do ______?" Because it's the right thing to do and also because it's about creating a quality finished result, that's why. Practically speaking, a poor kid from the middle of nowhere was never going to revolutionize jack crap, but it was exceptional back then. It's sad people asking "why?" don't examine why they are asking why, because their motive (conscious or unconscious) matters. Making people question their tasks is NEVER a good idea. "Innovation" is short sighted, because it can't happen every second and if we spent 1/2 the time arguing about it just getting it done, then we'd be finished already. Also, poor poor Blockbuster Video. Without their innovations of movie and game rentals, your netflicks would've never existed, but now we make fun of that basically dead company. All their "innovations" were forgotten. That'll happen to the person asking the "why are you ______" question that makes me hate them too. Innovation is vital, but 99% of it is forgotten, passed over, or made useless. We're not the 1% that matters. Chill the hell out already.

It was wonderful to be completely alone and creating just because and as I wanted to. The friends I shared RPG sessions with loved it for the most part (there was one guy but there's always that one). No one asking me why. No one butting in with their suggestions. Just me, going into what others might consider unnecessary detail, and I never would've cared what they thought or considered if they thought it. Those select few who saw my finished product overwhelmingly considered it great, and a nice way to spend a Saturday after working our crummy jobs.

The God Awful actual or equivalent of Internet Comment Sections didn't exist for me to have to ignore.

It was satisfying.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:12:30 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #174538 on: August 14, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

There is literally no such thing as an entirely original story.  Every flash of inspiration every so-called creative person's had has been influenced by their surroundings and all the stories they've learned throughout their lives.  Adding to already pre-existing story fragments and making them better is perfectly valid, in my opinion.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #174539 on: August 14, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »

I think I'm getting an idea for a short story.

Is it cheating if you think you know a way to take actual things that happened to you and/or relatives, some family legends and stories, mishmash and alter them and change the atmosphere to make a story? I seem to really lack the creativity to come up with something entirely new :I
Not even the littlest bit. Many, many authors use real life events and individuals as inspiration and whatnot. It's ridiculously common and not even remotely cheating.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 11634 11635 [11636] 11637 11638 ... 13312