Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11726 11727 [11728] 11729 11730 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14558988 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #175905 on: September 24, 2016, 01:47:13 am »

I should of got back to Underrail a lot sooner, this is the real fallout 3 pretty much. And yes that's rail,  not tale. Already played and really liked that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175906 on: September 24, 2016, 03:24:55 am »

damn game developers giving games similar names
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175907 on: September 24, 2016, 04:24:23 am »

But seriously what's with the broomadin?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #175908 on: September 24, 2016, 08:34:00 am »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175909 on: September 24, 2016, 08:46:33 am »

The Prydwen ain't got nothing on this. A mod crossing over Red Alert and Fallout would be great. Tesla armour, warbears, twinblades and desolators.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:54:05 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175910 on: September 24, 2016, 08:50:39 am »

That's particularly cool since Russia is almost completely undiscussed in Fallout lore...  One of the original Fallout 1 pregens was a daughter of Russian immigrants, and that's about it, so there's a good chance that Russia survived the war unscathed!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175911 on: September 24, 2016, 08:58:22 am »

That's particularly cool since Russia is almost completely undiscussed in Fallout lore...  One of the original Fallout 1 pregens was a daughter of Russian immigrants, and that's about it, so there's a good chance that Russia survived the war unscathed!

Well, there was the whole bit where they said Europe was basically melted. So no, probably not a good chance they were unscathed. Bear in mind that Fallout 1 was only 70 years post-apocalypse, so they're probably pre-war.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175912 on: September 24, 2016, 09:01:28 am »

A quick read I did mentioned that Russia was an ally of China but really not mentioned during the resource wars. Tensions between Russia and China for control of Mongolia, contesting U.S moon landing.
A Fallout game with a mass invasion from outside America would be an interesting setting. New borders and territories could be created to accommodate the new faction.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #175913 on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:00 am »

A Fallout game with a mass invasion from outside America would be an interesting setting. New borders and territories could be created to accommodate the new faction.

This was sort of a little bit done in that Fallout 3 expansion pack, something-something Anchorage, can't recall the exact name. It was too linear for a Fallout expansion though, IMO.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175914 on: September 24, 2016, 09:18:05 am »

If I remember correctly, she was.the daughter of the Soviet ambassador to the US or something along those lines. So any immigration on their part would have been forced. Can't exactly go back to your home country when the world is an irradiated wasteland.

This was sort of a little bit done in that Fallout 3 expansion pack, something-something Anchorage, can't recall the exact name. It was too linear for a Fallout expansion though, IMO.

It also took place entirely in VR. So it's less of an invasion and more of an interactive lore dump.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #175915 on: September 24, 2016, 09:21:57 am »

I like to believe that in Fallout, Russia is basically Metro 2033.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175916 on: September 24, 2016, 09:28:51 am »

I think Operation Anchorage was based on the in universe liberation of Anchorage, it might've even been going on when the VR was being made. Though my interpretation was the VR was exaggerated to double as propaganda and a recruitment tool.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175917 on: September 24, 2016, 09:36:14 am »

Operation Anchorage yeah...  I think it was a simulation of an invasion that ended up happening during the war.

Well, there was the whole bit where they said Europe was basically melted. So no, probably not a good chance they were unscathed. Bear in mind that Fallout 1 was only 70 years post-apocalypse, so they're probably pre-war.
Yeah and I think the Fallout 1 vault was sealed until the main quest started.  I was implying that relations with Russia were good enough that there would be immigrants (with the status to be allowed into a vault).
Of course Fallout 3 had a Doctor Li, so maybe there were Chinese-Americans who survived (not counting the Shi in San Fransisco, who were descendants of invaders... sorta).  Inb4 "Fallout 3 is bad at canon"...
I mean Fallout 4 somehow has those brothers with those massive Russian accents, which would be a strong argument if I considered Fallout 4 reliable canon :P

Oh apparently most of the vodka lying around was imported from Russia, so that's a better argument than the above ramblings.  Sorry, excessive theorycrafting makes me happy XD

If I remember correctly, she was.the daughter of the Soviet ambassador to the US or something along those lines. So any immigration on their part would have been forced. Can't exactly go back to your home country when the world is an irradiated wasteland.
(Jeez the Fallout Wikia is slow)
Yeah basically, she's the granddaughter of a Soviet diplomat at the LA consulate.

Aaaaaanyway, I bet America didn't nuke Russia since they weren't enemies in the resource wars, and were in fact our trade partners to some extent.  Definitely possible they got nuked by China or anyone else...  but I would laugh if the "global thermonuclear war" actually didn't escalate past China and America.  Though considering this is Fallout, the radiation of that war (and misguided missiles) might have devastated the rest of the world nearly as much (not to mention world economic collapse).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175918 on: September 24, 2016, 09:37:58 am »

Finally got around to brushing my teeth! Hadn't done that in a few days.
Now hopefully I can keep doing it twice or at least once a day. Been finding it hard to motivate myself to do so lately. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #175919 on: September 24, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »

MMMMMMMMM

Got hold of Factorio. I am not sure if i love or hate the game for being so addictive and detrimental to my status as a supposedly social being. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 11726 11727 [11728] 11729 11730 ... 13312