Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12006 12007 [12008] 12009 12010 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383143 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [E G G] Egg generation appreciation station (Happy thread)
« Reply #180105 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:45 pm »

I mostly hear "vape pen." No idea if there are any that are actually writing devices. I'm also not sure if a vape pen is different from an e-cig.

I've heard some call these things vapors.  You know, the blocky ones, not the slim cylindrical ones. But I'm not really sure if that's right and if that would be clear for everyone what I'm referring to.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #180106 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:34 pm »

Mostly because humans would've gone extinct if dragons actually existed. Really, good fucking luck fighting a flying armored lizard that breath fire using a sharpened piece of metal.

I dunno, worked on the Mammoths. Granted, they couldn't shoot streams of fire from their trunks.
We killed mammoths by chasing them off cliffs. Dragons have wings. And are unlikely to run away from humans.
One of the most famous Polish fairytales provides a pragmatic solution to this problem: if you can't beat 'em, poison 'em.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180108 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »

Watched Hell or High Water.

It's a really good western. It doesn't have much shooting in it (by standards of the genre), oddly enough, but the classic western plot, involving bank robberies and rangers chasing the outlaws, put in modern decorations was pretty good.
I'll try and watch it sometime, looks good.
"Modern Westerns" can be quite entertaining. Trying to remember some good examples but I'm drawing a blank on names. Ugh.   

As for vapes, we generally just call the big ones (that are mostly used for weed) vapes, and the small cylindrical ones e-cigs or vape pens.
Probably varies a lot around the world, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #180109 on: February 23, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »

Mostly because humans would've gone extinct if dragons actually existed. Really, good fucking luck fighting a flying armored lizard that breath fire using a sharpened piece of metal.

I dunno, worked on the Mammoths. Granted, they couldn't shoot streams of fire from their trunks.
We killed mammoths by chasing them off cliffs. Dragons have wings. And are unlikely to run away from humans.
One of the most famous Polish fairytales provides a pragmatic solution to this problem: if you can't beat 'em, poison 'em.
Yes brilliant idea Polan go ahead and poison the animal which you will be consuming. gg no re
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #180110 on: February 23, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »

Not all poisons can be contracted through the flesh of the poisoned animal, especially after cooking it.

Anyway, these exoplanets sound super cool. They even have a super cool dwarf star!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180111 on: February 23, 2017, 07:12:18 pm »

Anything that gets destroyed during first-pass metabolism should be fine. Most proteins, too. Stomach acid is one hell of a substance.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #180112 on: February 23, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »

Yes brilliant idea Polan go ahead and poison the animal which you will be consuming. gg no re
If you want to eat the flesh of something with weird enough biochemistry to be able breathe fire, be my guest.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #180113 on: February 23, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »

If you want to eat the flesh of something with weird enough biochemistry to be able breathe fire, be my guest.
Pfft. Who said anything about eating the thing? Knock it out, steal its babies, tame them. Then control the world! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Erm. Excuse me. Sorry about that.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #180114 on: February 23, 2017, 07:32:30 pm »

I don't know if there would be much wrong with the actual meat of the dragon; more than likely your fictional dragon uses specialized organs and flammable gasses (or liquids) like methane or hydrogen like if it has a second gizzard where bits of meat were allowed to rot and produce methane gas that was then squirted out and ignited by like metal-bearing scales on its lips rubbing together to produce a spark. That wouldn't necessarily get into the meat. Unless it died of septic shock after that organ full of rotting meat was punctured. Then the meat is probably fucked too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180115 on: February 23, 2017, 07:37:06 pm »

Also the legends mention eating dragon (the heart specifically, I think) as not only healthy, but a way to understand the speech of animals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #180116 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:16 pm »

Primordial humans kill dragons using LIGHTNING Spears, obviously.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #180117 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:15 pm »

Pfft. Who said anything about eating the thing? Knock it out, steal its babies, tame them. Then control the world! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Erm. Excuse me. Sorry about that.
The Baratheons did nothing wrong

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #180118 on: February 23, 2017, 09:56:37 pm »

>Eat dragon, reach apotheosis
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #180119 on: February 24, 2017, 12:01:27 am »

Fire Emblem: Heroes has given me the opportunity to become obsessed with get lost in yet another franchise.

I tend to do that quite often. It'll pass, but in the mean time...
Pages: 1 ... 12006 12007 [12008] 12009 12010 ... 13310