Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12009 12010 [12011] 12012 12013 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383048 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [E G G] Egg generation appreciation station (Happy thread)
« Reply #180150 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:05 pm »

isn't the closest language Frisian?

technically, sure, but if we're counting minority languages, we have to include creole languages like helgoland mentioned earlier and then then there's scots, which is debatably a language or just a dialect

because languages aren't a hard and fast thing and any discussion of which language is closest to another tends to fall apart once you go beyond a surface level comparison of majority languages

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #180151 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:16 am »

Disqualifying languages because they're minority languages seems silly and makes no sense. But Creole languages wouldn't count because they came into being as a direct consequence of merging tongues with English rather than as their own lingueages. It's like if you ask which cookie is the most resembling the Chocolate Chip cookie and somebody holds up a chocolate chip cookie with parts of a chili rice cookie jammed into it. It may be a super tasty new cookie in itself, and definitely technically correct, but not near what the kind of answer that was originally looked for.

Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180152 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:32 pm »

Chili rice is so good...  A chili rice cookie?  I'm imagining that actually working somehow, and that makes me happy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180153 on: February 26, 2017, 12:21:42 pm »

German is quite close to English too.
It's like europe's languages are as incestually intermingled as their royal families
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #180154 on: February 26, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »

Well, they do speak German in Austria.

Although this handsome fella probably spoke Spanish.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #180155 on: February 26, 2017, 12:48:12 pm »

Er, Charles was so badly deformed by inbreeding he could hardly speak, period.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #180156 on: February 26, 2017, 01:23:43 pm »

His great-great-grandfather spoke Dutch, however, and reputedly spoke Spanish rather shittily.

It's all the same to me TBH. We've been stuck with god-bothering kings (of various dynasties) for too damn long. The way I see things Josep Bonaparte was likely the only passable one and certainly the less inbred of the lot (With the forementioned Charles II likely earning first-place in the latter category).
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [wawa] Bomberman becomes a waifu, 12 other things to put in soup (Happy thread)
« Reply #180157 on: February 26, 2017, 07:07:11 pm »

I was gonna try staying active a bit more here but then I got into Final fantasy XIV

Also I put a fire out without water today, that was kinda cool
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [wawa] Bomberman becomes a waifu, 12 other things to put in soup (Happy thread)
« Reply #180158 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:29 pm »

Kitchen fires respond very well to being smothered in salt. Just... throwing that out there. Good reason to have excess salt around.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #180159 on: February 26, 2017, 07:41:17 pm »

It was outdoors and I just beat the hell out of it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180160 on: February 26, 2017, 07:55:06 pm »

In Totally Expected News Today: Gunner-Chan is still awesome.  ;D
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #180161 on: February 26, 2017, 08:33:08 pm »

Kitchen fires respond very well to being smothered in salt. Just... throwing that out there. Good reason to have excess salt around.

I always thought that was baking soda you were supposed to use on fire.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #180162 on: February 26, 2017, 08:39:42 pm »

Both work, apparently, it's that you usually need less salt to put something out, and it's somewhat less likely to catch fire itself. Different mechanics involved. Probably different efficacy for different types of fire, too. Grease ones are definitely salt, but other sorts might do better with baking soda.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180163 on: February 26, 2017, 09:23:21 pm »

Baking soda huh?  I just use flour.
(do not try this)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180164 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:17 pm »

I've heard you can use a hot salt bath in order to make plastic easier to reshape as a DIY kitchen project.
But that it has a tendency to bubble and if a salt particle hits you it's going right to the bone in short order.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 12009 12010 [12011] 12012 12013 ... 13310