Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12015 12016 [12017] 12018 12019 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538676 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

so i was looking at the massive pile of yankee greenbacks on my desk and thought to myself 'why the fuck don't i have a safe'

in either case, it just feels good to physically have and hold money. a grand in the bank is nice but a grand in the hand makes you feel like a billionaire

edit: oh right my money distracted me from the real good feels. i cleaned off my desk, mostly to make room for my new monitor that should be coming in today, but yeah, that feels good too

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Man, I think I've splurged way too much on my birthday. I still haven't even halved the amount of konfeteriya I've bought!
._.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to say that I found and fell in love with the Jazz covers by Insaneintherain on Youtube. Enjoying my nerd music has never felt so classy.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

I wrote an instrumental, around six minutes long. Feels like my first proper complete piece, y'know, starts somewhere and goes somewhere and flips the bird to the tonality a bunch in the middle.

It's still kind of a wonky composition and it's purposefully a bit weird on top of that so it's not exactly easy listening, but damn, it feels nice having made something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I want to say that I found and fell in love with the Jazz covers by Insaneintherain on Youtube. Enjoying my nerd music has never felt so classy.
Jazz covers, you say?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Jazz covers, you say?
Somehow I knew that was going to be the link.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Seconding how amazing Logan is, especially from a filmmaking perspective. It and Deadpool together I hope will demonstrate to film companies that superhero movies don't need to follow the same tired formula the MCU has been falling into. To say nothing of the...uh...things DC is putting out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Started watching some random miscellaneous film on Netflix that looked mildly interesting.
At first it seemed fairly underwhelming, but then as the main character approached a dog-walker with the intent of throwing a dog turd at him, the music he was listening to via earphones became audible and after a moment of shock I was like "Holy shit it's Pentagram!"

And now this guy seems to be becoming a main character so I have high hopes for this movie's soundtrack.
The character himself is also rather amusing, which helps.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

A) what's Penatgram
2. what's the movie/is it enjoyable
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Pentagram is a truly legendary band, pioneers of the doom genre sometimes referred to as the American Black Sabbath.
The movie is called I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore, and it is actually turning out to be very enjoyable!

There have been a few laugh-out-loud moments so far already, it's quirky, the characters are entertaining and I am quite keen to see what happens next. It's a Netflix original, they actually have a surprisingly good track record for coming up with good films. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go continue watching it, despite the irritating glare from outside.   

Edit: Wow, that was actually a really good movie. Really good.
Like, probably "I should buy this on DVD"-level good, which is something I only bother with if a movie really does something for me, y'know?
Also some surprise actors in there. Including one of the main characters of my "random Netflix pick" from the other night... weird how I always get overlap like that.   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:53:08 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Wolrds in worlds is a masterwork digital artifact. It is an image of a world with creatures. The creatures are holding a world which countains creatures hold a world.

That, and a nice, long walk in the crisp evening air, fresh after a rain and some good music to go along with it. Which is just as well as I seem to be veering towards darker thoughts these days.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spent the last 4-5 hours cleaning my computer desk. Ended up throwing out two large bags of trash, but now I have so much room. Also created space in front of the cabinet my PC tower is on so that I can actually open it, and put some stuff inside.

...I'm not even done yet, I still have to get to the underside of the desk. Hopefully I can remove enough electronics that I can get rid of one of the power strips(...which is piggybacking on the other power strip :-X). Six plugs on the strip, and all I really need is my PC, monitor, router, modem, alarm clock, and phone charger. And I'm pretty sure I have the alarm clock plugged into the other hole on the outlet the power strip is in.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happies, I'm almost finished my gamedev degree, and to finish it up, I needed to do an internship. Most of the places available were boring corporate AR/VR places who only make stuff for corporate clients, or are mobile game developers who only stick interns in QA, and it was looking pretty dire. But just now I got contacted on Facebook by the director of a company and was offered an actual programming internship from the people making this:

http://www.22series.com/

My scorecard is:

hitting up random facebook groups: 1, sending actual job applications: 0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:53:48 pm by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Cool!

*envies*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Cool!

*envies because he is poor*
Pages: 1 ... 12015 12016 [12017] 12018 12019 ... 13312