Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12021 12022 [12023] 12024 12025 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549876 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Sounds like a long sword. Maybe a broad sword. Cool either way :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Sonora, California!

Sounds hot!
It really isn't, at least this time of year! It's up into the mountains a little ways, nicely forested.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went to a sort of Celtic Festival yesterday! I had to go alone because my buddy ditched at the last minute due to a family emergency, but I got to see lots of period costumes, listen to some good live music (much of it consisting of bagpipes, naturally), and watch some dudes in full armor beat the crap out of each other. There was even live jousting! At the various exhibits I got to try on and touch various pieces of armor, such as a plate gauntlet and the 80-pound chainmail shirt. Wore a pot helm for a picture. The weather was amazing and everyone was in a good mood.

While I didn't get to partake in the whiskey tasting - there wasn't anyone else to drive home - I did get to buy a sword and some souvenirs for the family.
80 pounds? that's excessively heavy for a chainmail shirt. was it a full body thing?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

it was probably an exaggeration, or maybe sirus is just terrible at guessing weights. i know i am, but i tend to low-ball my estimates

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I found a job listing that doesn't seem particularly socially demanding (though it may be technically demanding (it's organizing photos and similar), I don't mind that) and pays well by my standards!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it work!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Not the real kind, sadly :P
It's a replica and probably ill-suited to actually hitting things with, but it's well-made, nice to look at, and something like a fifth of the price of one of the genuine pieces...

Anyway I'm no expert on swords. It's got a blade roughly the length of my arm, straight and edged on both sides.

Probably a claymore, if it's continuing the Celtic theme.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Surely at the length of his arm, it'd have to be a claybeg? In which case it should have a basket hilt. Otherwise, it might be a generic European (long)sword - straight, double edged, cross hilted, as seen in pretty much all parts of Europe for centuries.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Is a short claymore

Called a clayless
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Clayless is claymore.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went to a sort of Celtic Festival yesterday! I had to go alone because my buddy ditched at the last minute due to a family emergency, but I got to see lots of period costumes, listen to some good live music (much of it consisting of bagpipes, naturally), and watch some dudes in full armor beat the crap out of each other. There was even live jousting! At the various exhibits I got to try on and touch various pieces of armor, such as a plate gauntlet and the 80-pound chainmail shirt. Wore a pot helm for a picture. The weather was amazing and everyone was in a good mood.

While I didn't get to partake in the whiskey tasting - there wasn't anyone else to drive home - I did get to buy a sword and some souvenirs for the family.
80 pounds? that's excessively heavy for a chainmail shirt. was it a full body thing?
It was pretty long when laid out on a table. Might have been meant to protect more of the body than just a shirt. I didn't catch the proper name for it and "shirt" was the best descriptor I could think of when writing the original post :/

It was the guy running the table that claimed the chainmail weighed 80 pounds. A couple of other fairgoers tried to lift it, and could barely manage to hold it in their arms. The table creaked rather alarmingly when it was put back down  :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

"Hauberk" is probably the term you want? Knee-length tunic, except in stylish steel instead of plebeian fabric? 80 pounds isn't unreasonable for a full hauberk. Was it proper period riveted mail, or butted? The latter tends to be heavier than necessary.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Sooooo I am now on the priority list for council approval. Thank the stars.

This shit is taking ages
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hauberk" is probably the term you want? Knee-length tunic, except in stylish steel instead of plebeian fabric? 80 pounds isn't unreasonable for a full hauberk. Was it proper period riveted mail, or butted? The latter tends to be heavier than necessary.
Yeah, hauberk would be the better word. Oops.

I'm afraid I can't honestly say, one way or the other. If I had to guess I'd say the latter, but I don't know enough about armor smithing to know for sure.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Fair enough. It's easy to tell (the links are either riveted shut or just closed), but you have to look quite closely.

Pages: 1 ... 12021 12022 [12023] 12024 12025 ... 13312