Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12095 12096 [12097] 12098 12099 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551250 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

FEEL THE POWER OF THE ESSAY

Also, as an aside, I decided my English modules for next year. African colonial narratives, nineteenth century science and literature, and Anglo Saxon monsters, myths and legends. Fun times will be had, though admittedly the first one wasn't my first choice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:49:12 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Sup guys? How y'all doing? ^-^   
I'm currently embarked on a quest to reset my sleep schedule- I napped most of yesterday, so now I'm staying up all day to finally go to sleep at 11PM. My sleeping patterns have been getting worse and worse lately, and besides it was too cold to sleep very well anyway so might as well do it now.   

Having myself a lovely time, sitting here drinking a second cup of black coffee as the sun rises, listening to the entire Pulley discography. I downloaded it years ago for some reason and it's been cluttering up my Ipod ever since, but at least a lot of these songs are  actually really freaking good!   
And that's just a few from the four albums I've listened to so far. I thought there would be a lot more potential deletion-fodder in here... although I am in quite a mood for upbeat punk at the moment, so that might be clouding my judgement. P.S if anyone knows where to find The Queers' music online, lemme know!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.

Well I did say I was going to do that cake thing. Best keep my word.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Oh man right there with you when it comes to sleep issues. Horrible.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a stupid thing to post in the happy thread: What is even a good deal for a cell phone? My free safelink phone got deactivated, and I was like "Well I didn't like you anyway" and I've been without a cell phone for about 2 months now. I could probably get another one, but there are apparently a good number of hoops to jump through for what is a piece of crap unreliable phone.

SO I've been living disconnected for a while, then there was an emergency, my Mom's house burnt down, fortunately nobody was hurt (except for my Mom's cat Bugsy, rest that poor stray's soul), actually my Mom was already living in a new apartment at the time (it's a long story...) and she was utterly hysterical trying to get a hold of me for the better part of 20 hours after the fact. Honestly, had she been able to get a hold of me, it wouldn't have changed anything and her stupid house would have been burnt down all the same, but then my otherwise good day would have been ruined.

That, and my workplace really wants me to get a cell phone, because they simply can't contact me at all through any means at the moment. Atleast my Mom can personally visit me, which is what she had to do, they can't even do that.

So I've been doing my own research, but there apparently isn't any cell phone information or advertising in the world that doesn't trigger my "This is Bullshit" alarm in my head. Even personally visiting cell phone retailers myself, just the way the stores are set up with minimalist displays and everything so carefully placed in an almost mathematically precise and well-searched artistic design rubs me the wrong way, as if the places are trying so extremely hard to give themselves an undeserved and pretentious sense of legitimacy; which just strikes me as something inherently deceitful and forces me to distrust them. Though while I'm saying that, I'd probably distrust them no matter what if only because I'm aware of how ignorant I am of the product they're selling.

So can someone please point me in the right direction? I feel I can atleast trust this forum a bit more than a salesperson or a potential shill on the internet. Obviously, as someone who has gone two months without a phone, I don't intend on using it very much except for when I truly have to, and the idea that society is set up in such a way as to make it almost mandatory to have one pisses me off, but if I do HAVE to get one, I would like to make it as painless and inexpensive as possible. Much thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:32:11 pm by JoshuaFH »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Weeeeeeeeell, if you just need an old school cell phone for the occasional call, i'd look into some of Nokia's products. A quick search tells me that a low end model (i.e. the Nokia 105) can cost as little as 20 GPB, which i'm pretty sure is less than 30 USD, and you might even be able to find older models for even less. To top it all off, Nokia is sorta memetic for making fucking unbreakable phones (though i don't know if this applies to newer models). You'd obviously still need a subscription for it, but i assume this won't be a problem. :v

As for where to actually buy it, that would probably be an online deal (possibly Amazon?). I strongly doubt that any of the modern minimalistic phone stores (which also irritate me severely with their lack of EVERYTHING) would have something as archaic as BUTTONS on an electronic device, much less if said device wouldn't sell for a high triple digit doller price. >.>

As for my own happy, i talked to a psychologist today, and besides her being uncannily knowledgable on social phobia, i might be set to start doing more things about anxiety soon. It'll cost, but dammit it's worth it!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Too bad there isn't a tailored self-help book out there. Would save a lot of folks money.
"Stop going after Beatrice, dummy. She hates you."
"Why are you spending all your money on rum? Idiot."
"Yea, you really need to stop murdering people."

All or none of the above may apply to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Wait, only all or none? No option for "some"?

I'm guessing none then, since I'm pretty sure you don't drink...
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Wait, only all or none? No option for "some"?

I'm guessing none then, since I'm pretty sure you don't drink...

So much for stereotypes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Are you trying to fix them at all?
I find forcing yourself to remain in bed for a regular 8~ hour period works really well after a few restless nights, you just need to have the willpower to keep it up. Of course, a single night of partying can throw off that pattern quite disastrously, but well, that's a risk we just have to take.

So much for stereotypes.
Well, he does prefer to be called British, if I'm remembering correctly.
Perhaps he wears lots of Adidas, mispronounces "yoghurt" hilariously and has a predilection for kebabs? :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

To top it all off, Nokia is sorta memetic for making fucking unbreakable phones (though i don't know if this applies to newer models).

newer nokia models are hit or miss, it would seem. i'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to cell phones, as someone who's ended up becoming somewhat notorious for being 'hard to get in touch with' but from everything i've heard, they're still putting out quality products

with regards to cheap phones, if you're in the states at least, you can sometimes find pay as you go phones in grocery stores. target or walmart might be worth a look too. they're pretty great if you need a burner phone for one reason or another

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Are you trying to fix them at all?
I find forcing yourself to remain in bed for a regular 8~ hour period works really well after a few restless nights, you just need to have the willpower to keep it up. Of course, a single night of partying can throw off that pattern quite disastrously, but well, that's a risk we just have to take.
I work nights, infrequently. So my 'correct' sleep cycle would be going to bed at 4:00am-ish. At times I'll have to wake up early though, because other humans require my time in the morning, and that's when it all goes out of sync.
Usually, yeah, the way I fix it is to either have something seriously interesting on hand which can keep me up late (books and tv series don't work, it's basically got to be a game) or yeah, spend hours confined to bed.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I just acted in a stage play.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Interestingly enough, games have literally never kept me up because I usually play PvP games, and my ability to versus other players go down the hole when I'm sleepy. My main cause of sleepless nights seem to be web series and webcomics, and occasionally, books.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I just acted in a stage play.
Shouldn't this be in the Terrified thread?! :P
But no, that's very cool! Glad you had fun. What was your role?

@Tack: Oh yeah, jeez that's a bit more tricky. Having to find a good sleep rhythm for your nocturnal employment habits whilst also interacting with the daypeople sounds pretty hard.

New Happy: one of my housemates just made a batch of her delicious vegan mac and cheese, and this time I have more stomach room to eat it! ^-^
So good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 12095 12096 [12097] 12098 12099 ... 13312