Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12128 12129 [12130] 12131 12132 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553505 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #181935 on: June 16, 2017, 01:19:49 pm »

As a person frequently fucked with by Roskomnadzor, I can recommend friGate. It's very convenient. The only problem might be that you have to install it as an addon, but I don't know if that's relevant to you.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181936 on: June 16, 2017, 01:37:19 pm »

It's interesting that a family member would consider not being on forums as a healthier lifestyle.
I mean, I've been on these forums in an unhealthy way. But that was likely more symptom than cause.

It was always a good salve for making me feel like, in my tiny hick village of potato farmers, there were other people out there who enjoyed hardcore gaming.
However, the constant reminders that I wasn't alone didn't help me learn my place and speak and act more like my redneck colleagues, which did cause social damage.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #181937 on: June 16, 2017, 02:03:54 pm »

It's interesting that a family member would consider not being on forums as a healthier lifestyle.
I mean, I've been on these forums in an unhealthy way. But that was likely more symptom than cause.

It was always a good salve for making me feel like, in my tiny hick village of potato farmers, there were other people out there who enjoyed hardcore gaming.
However, the constant reminders that I wasn't alone didn't help me learn my place and speak and act more like my redneck colleagues, which did cause social damage.
I've seen at least one Bay12 member who took a hiatus for mental health reasons, and I did the same. Sometimes it can get a bit unhealthy, and for a parent it's easy to demonize a single factor.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181938 on: June 16, 2017, 02:16:45 pm »

Bay12 is harmless enough. I did quit Salem (paradox MM) because it was making me enjoy trolling people too much. <PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO THE TRIBE!> I'm still on a soulsearch for my lost inner carebear. Sometimes if it's real quiet I think I can hear it softly weeping in a far corner of my mind  :D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #181939 on: June 16, 2017, 02:20:50 pm »

I think that paradoxically, Bay12's main strength, it being an inoffensive, mostly tight-knit community (hell, even the upper board is like that around community stories) is kind of why it has a negative mental effect on people, especially those with emotional issues. I know that I tried really hard to impress people here and that only made me feel more and more alienated, as I pushed harder and harder to fit in which just served to annoy some of the people here with my angry outbursts. Then I took a break and I didn't care as much anymore about what people thought of me, and that actually made me less of a douche.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181940 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:06 pm »

I still have moments of sadness because I went through a rather intensive period of trying to reshape my personality so that I was more honest and less manipulative- then had a respected forumgoer offhandedly comment somewhere that I had changed for the worse since they arrived.
Turns out I was more able to give people what they needed when I was motivated by self-interest.

I did quit Salem because it was making me enjoy trolling people too much.
Rust was the game which made me realise my inner asshole was getting fed too much.
Had to quit that before I went completely down the rabbit-hole.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #181941 on: June 16, 2017, 03:12:24 pm »

My one problem with interactions on this forum is the fuelling of my all-consuming urge to make puns.

For instance, three or four variants on "Tack" - "A-tack!" "Tackle your issues!" "Have more Tackt!" whizzed through my mind in quick succession. It's getting harder and harder to keep them in.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181942 on: June 16, 2017, 03:37:56 pm »

Good. Goooood! Let the puns flow through you!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181943 on: June 16, 2017, 04:30:45 pm »

Wanna hear a grate joke? It's very punny.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181945 on: June 16, 2017, 06:10:59 pm »

"Involuntary"

I will refrain from further comment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #181946 on: June 16, 2017, 06:57:04 pm »

Manslaughter refers to the act of causing someone's death unintentionally (through an accident, for example), right?

Murder (attempted or otherwise) is where the perpetrator wants the victim to die, right?

The headline makes it sound like the latter is the correct term here...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181947 on: June 16, 2017, 07:21:47 pm »

Kinda odd that incitation to suicide isn't a crime unto itself in that legislation, as that kind of stuff usualy has a specific legal defition.

Anyway, ye, the difference between murder and manslaughter in US law is related to the killer's intent. Murder is done with intent, while in manslaughter cases, the killer did not actualy intent on killing anyone, but ended up causing another's death due to gross negligence or imprudence (ex: doctor neglects basic surgical procedure and ends up killing a patient, etc). So ye, involuntary manslaughter would be kind of a pleonasm in that usage, I guess?
Maybe its just an expression that got used so much it basically became accepted as the correct norm.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:24:43 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181948 on: June 16, 2017, 07:54:15 pm »

Actually, that's one of the points that has come up repeatedly, that there's not a good crime for this sort of case. She very clearly intended for him to die, but at the same time had no immediate role in the killing. You'd run into problems with an "accessory to suicide" charge from the other end as well in cases where it was assisted suicide when an individual wanted to die but didn't live in a place where voluntary euthanasia was legal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #181949 on: June 16, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »

Murder and manslaughter are typically used in terms of relative badness and plea deals as much as strict descriptions of killer's intent. There exists a line between a murder of passion and voluntary manslaughter that is not very clear, and basically comes down to how much your "excuse" is accepted.

For example, if someone comes home and shoots their partner when they find them having sex with someone else, that's likely to be called 2nd degree. If someone comes home and shoots a serial killer who has been torturing their child, the charge may end up being voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. Or just no charge. The DA judges these things based on what they can get the jury to accept.

A common example of involuntary manslaughter might be extremely negligent construction leading to death or reckless driving leading to death. Voluntary manslaughter is often the previous with aggravating circumstances or a 2nd degree with mitigating circumstances.

However, don't be too surprised if this gets overturned on appeal. It's unlikely that a court would accept words as a murder weapon in any circumstance, even for an involuntary manslaughter charge.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:06:51 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 12128 12129 [12130] 12131 12132 ... 13312