Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12148 12149 [12150] 12151 12152 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555495 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182235 on: July 17, 2017, 01:36:42 am »

Please somehow be another Captain Jack.
I don't care that omnisexual is apparently some gay conspiracy, please....

(To be fair, I completely ignored the most recent two doctors.  Not *because* lesbians, but honestly, it did not help.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182236 on: July 17, 2017, 03:05:30 am »

Pleased with the 13th Doctor announcement.

Did he turn into a girl?

yes
Huh. I suppose we've got our second female regeneration now, though this is the first "proper" one. Interesting.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182237 on: July 17, 2017, 04:04:43 am »

Of course this now introduces the idea that RS could regenerate as a man.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182238 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:22 am »

Of course this now introduces the idea that RS could regenerate as a man.

Except she gave up all her regens, didn't she?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182239 on: July 17, 2017, 09:30:07 am »

Flippin' 'ell.

A female doctor I could accept.

If it weren't so obviously yet another shoehorning of the BBC to earn them progressive points. Methinks this latest capitulation is enough to stop me from watching it, though that was coming since the whole "gay Romans" shoehorn.

I mean, they gave Bill a lot more male attention than other companions specifically so she could say "nope, lol, I'm gay."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182240 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:28 pm »

... So what?  I mean... If a female doctor is OK, what about it would need to be different to not be for the sake of progressive points?  Is it just because they've recently done other things that appeared to be for progressive points?

Keep in mind this is a show about a guy who goes around trying to save everyone all the time, teaching that all life is valuable... Even the lives of beings who will never stop trying to destroy all other life.  The entire premise of the show is a progressive point that's been going on for decades.  So really I just don't get it.  I'd expect giving oft persecuted groups prominent plot roles to be a primary feature of such a story.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182241 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:44 pm »

Yes. Doctor Who is a show which teaches about the sanctity of life - or perhaps more accurately, that life is always preferable to death.

This is a grand theme, and one with much variety and potential for plot.

Now the theme is changing to contemporary gender issues. This is a dumbing down of the original theme, and more a testament to the ideology of the BBC than any desire to further the plot or character of Doctor Who.

Captain Jack Harkness was a character I could enjoy. He was gay, but that was not his purpose for existing.

Bill exists in the series to be gay.

The doctor now exists to be a woman.

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182242 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:16 pm »

Oooorrr... the theme isn't changing, it's just incorporating contemporary cultural issues, because they're relevant to the grand theme and... contemporary.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182243 on: July 17, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »

Woo, managed to get a mod for mount and blade warband that lets me marry other ladies, as a female protagonist. \o/ (And this goes both ways, it seems, for male protagonists and other lords)
That, and doing my own stuff in splicing and connect that (it's only a 'native' [vanilla] mod, so it can be a baseline), and the ones I usually play {More Women + Diplomacy} makes me pretty cheery that I can finally play out the lore of the mod itself. :P The baseline mod by itself was available, but being able to connect it to a current one for personal use is just :D!

And after wading through what was partially drivel filled threads made with good intent. For at least an hour of cumulative time. x.x (The drivel is the many spammy comments and all >_> But really thankful for good folks being nice to each other even back from 2015)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:58:55 pm by Tiruin »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182244 on: July 17, 2017, 01:03:08 pm »

They're giving figures relevance because of what they are, not what they do. The cost of this? Stock characters that are uninteresting as opposed to what I'm going to call the Harkness alternative - interesting, in depth characters that don't focus exclusively on one element of their anatomy or mentality.

Anyway, I suppose I could go further but I know my audience on Bay12 to be rather set in its ways.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182245 on: July 17, 2017, 01:14:19 pm »

They're giving figures relevance because of what they are, not what they do. The cost of this? Stock characters that are uninteresting as opposed to what I'm going to call the Harkness alternative - interesting, in depth characters that don't focus exclusively on one element of their anatomy or mentality.

Anyway, I suppose I could go further but I know my audience on Bay12 to be rather set in its ways.

But what if it is a good character? I mean idk but you seem to be against this solely b/c they are a woman and that could (not necessarily will) be the sole purpose for the existance of the character. Ur just like 'nope its a woman and therefore a shameless progressivist plug and therefore bad,' without realizing that it might not be shit.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #182246 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:27 pm »

I'd also note that there will be a new showrunner starting next season. We'll really just have to wait and see what kind of a job they do. Moffett is pretty terrible, so it's no surprise that his contributes are similarly pretty terrible. Maybe this new guy will do a better job.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182247 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »

I'd say that dr who seems to be slowly falling on the same trap that marvel did, IE creating characters whose purlose is to garner free progressive points but end up being mostly shallow due to the fact they're created as avatars of a particular minority's progressive stereotype, and their whole persona starts to revolve around that, which ends up dragging the whole plot down with it.
Dr Who wont suffer much from it tho, since its main audience is shifting to tumblr type girls, unlike marvel.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182248 on: July 17, 2017, 01:47:32 pm »

Dr. Who only exists because the British would finally give up and die if it wasn't around.

Anyway, Spiderman: Homecoming is the best MCU film since Winter Soldier, super awesome especially considering it was rushed. They should rush their productions more often!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:56:34 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #182249 on: July 17, 2017, 01:55:36 pm »

I'd say that dr who seems to be slowly falling on the same trap that marvel did, IE creating characters whose purlose is to garner free progressive points but end up being mostly shallow due to the fact they're created as avatars of a particular minority's progressive stereotype, and their whole persona starts to revolve around that, which ends up dragging the whole plot down with it.
Dr Who wont suffer much from it tho, since its main audience is shifting to tumblr type girls, unlike marvel.
You kidding me M8?  Outside of the Winter Soldier cast, Black Panther was the only good thing to come out of Civil War.  Fucking great character.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 12148 12149 [12150] 12151 12152 ... 13312