Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12153 12154 [12155] 12156 12157 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14556800 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182310 on: July 22, 2017, 03:56:08 am »

Time on my computer suddenly became synchronized. Yay! Also, I tortured a butterfly by putting it under the stream of cold water.

For those who don't know, my computer got it's time screwed up for some unknown reason, and constantly lagged behind the true time of the day. Hell, it even sometimes moved the time backwards (it shows 14:30, then suddenly it turns into 13:23)!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182311 on: July 22, 2017, 07:58:58 am »

Time on my computer suddenly became synchronized. Yay! Also, I tortured a butterfly by putting it under the stream of cold water.

For those who don't know, my computer got it's time screwed up for some unknown reason, and constantly lagged behind the true time of the day. Hell, it even sometimes moved the time backwards (it shows 14:30, then suddenly it turns into 13:23)!
dude what the hell
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182312 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:16 am »

dude what the hell

There's almost no flies for some reason right now, but there's a lot of butterflies. So I went with butterfly as my target for torture.
Don't judge me, I just wanted to experiment a little...

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182313 on: July 22, 2017, 08:34:48 am »

Yes, because it's the target of torture I'm concerned about and not the torture itself...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #182314 on: July 22, 2017, 09:43:14 am »

Yes, because it's the target of torture I'm concerned about and not the torture itself...

Really? I would say the actor of torture is more relevant.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182315 on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:37 am »

I have a pound of really good and well-prepared pulled pork. I love Ribfest.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182316 on: July 22, 2017, 11:13:47 am »

I have an intense dislike for those who harm animals simply because they can
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182317 on: July 22, 2017, 11:27:21 am »

Insects breed insanely fast. One dead butterfly isn't a complete destruction of eco-system.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182318 on: July 22, 2017, 11:35:29 am »

That's not what I meant.

"One dead human isn't a complete destruction of the species...they breed more than I kill!"

You are deliberately inflicting pain and suffering on something which has neither harmed you, nor was going to. And you did it for your own amusement.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Serial killer thread)
« Reply #182319 on: July 22, 2017, 11:36:11 am »

Insects breed insanely fast. One dead butterfly isn't a complete destruction of eco-system.

Torturing small animals is the first indicator of psychopathic disorders and also serial killers. So. Yeah...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #182320 on: July 22, 2017, 11:38:57 am »

I have an intense dislike for those who harm animals simply because they can
I tend to agree.

TBH it's only partially about the animals, as far as I'm concerned. IMO a far bigger issue is that it says a lot about the people who enjoy it. I think it's demeaning to oneself to take joy in such things.

Edit:

Torturing small animals is the first indicator of psychopathic disorders and also serial killers. So. Yeah...
Yeah, this is what I mean.

When it's a public spectacle or activity it's even worse, IMO, because it's essentially "teaching" other people that it's ok to entertain oneself like this.

BTW: It's particularily bad in this day and age, as there are PLENTY of forms of entertainment which dont involve torturing living things.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:41:30 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #182321 on: July 22, 2017, 11:56:53 am »

Haha, yeah.  Its not the middle ages where executions were family events because everyone was just that bored.

Makes me wonder what the world will be like in 50+ years when almost everyone alive was born after the internet.  Infinite entertainment, infinite knowledge.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182322 on: July 22, 2017, 11:58:12 am »

I would never try to murder a real human being, that if they don't threaten my personal rights/want to murder me first. I am psychopathic (slightly), but I try to keep my inner demons inside me. It's not an easy task, but violent video games and torturing flies/other annoying insects help significantly with it.

/thread

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182323 on: July 22, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »

Haha, yeah.  Its not the middle ages where executions were family events because everyone was just that bored.

Makes me wonder what the world will be like in 50+ years when almost everyone alive was born after the internet.  Infinite entertainment, infinite knowledge memes.
FTFY

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #182324 on: July 22, 2017, 12:06:56 pm »

Really tho, my parents taught me nothing so if I come up against a problem in life I google the solution.  You'd be surprised how far that's gotten me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 12153 12154 [12155] 12156 12157 ... 13312