Finally... > General Discussion

[MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)

<< < (36475/39933) > >>

ChairmanPoo:

--- Quote from: Flying Dice on July 25, 2017, 04:54:29 pm ---Still an ongoing struggle to find a position with my Master

--- End quote ---

Parsely:

--- Quote from: Flying Dice on July 25, 2017, 04:54:29 pm ---Still an ongoing struggle to find a position with my Master's. In the meantime, my BA in Liberal Arts attracted an employer offering decent pay, potential for advancement, and a full benefits package.

STEM types can suck it. :V

--- End quote ---
Tell us more.

It's kind of the opposite for me. I put a lot into my art and it doesn't attract any clients but my half-finished attempts at making websites got me the job I have right now. I just can't find my market.

Flying Dice:

--- Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN on July 25, 2017, 05:48:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Flying Dice on July 25, 2017, 04:54:29 pm ---Still an ongoing struggle to find a position with my Master's. In the meantime, my BA in Liberal Arts attracted an employer offering decent pay, potential for advancement, and a full benefits package.

--- End quote ---
Tell us more.

It's kind of the opposite for me. I put a lot into my art and it doesn't attract any clients but my half-finished attempts at making websites got me the job I have right now. I just can't find my market.

--- End quote ---

More after I go in to talk to them. The firm's a temp agency looking for people to coordinate and conduct interviews and hiring of temps and liaise with client firms. Base pay isn't fantastic, but a company that'll give new hires full medical+dental+vision, a 401k, two weeks vacation, and paid holidays? Fuck yes I'll bite on that.

Sirus:

--- Quote from: Flying Dice on July 25, 2017, 06:10:14 pm ---

--- End quote ---
Tell us more.

--- End quote ---

More after I go in to talk to them. The firm's a temp agency looking for people to coordinate and conduct interviews and hiring of temps and liaise with client firms. Base pay isn't fantastic, but a company that'll give new hires full medical+dental+vision, a 401k, two weeks vacation, and paid holidays? Fuck yes I'll bite on that.

--- End quote ---
That's pretty good, all right. Do they offer 401k match as well?

Flying Dice:

--- Quote from: Sirus on July 25, 2017, 06:30:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Flying Dice on July 25, 2017, 06:10:14 pm ---

--- End quote ---
Tell us more.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That's pretty good, all right. Do they offer 401k match as well?

--- End quote ---
Not mentioned either way in the contact email. Will be one of the things I poke into when appropriate (if things get that far), but even if they don't it's still a damn sight better than my current prospects for retirement funds, and far beyond "lol you think you deserve benefits, here's permanent part time and we'll fire you if you complain".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version