Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12287 12288 [12289] 12290 12291 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560365 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #184320 on: January 09, 2018, 01:17:05 pm »

This weekend someone from the internet lend me 20 bucks, I say lend me because I intent to pay him back someday even when he insisted I don't have. It might not sound like much but it is a tiny fortune here and more for someone unemployed.

This made our week the more awesome ever because we sold them to local currency and that allowed us to buy food, within the reasonable and what we could find, at our hearths content. Red meat was out of the question but we bought enough poultry and vegetables for the rest of the month and lots of fruits for her to eat healthy so she can in turn feed our baby better. Don't want to be overly dramatic but this person allowed me to go back to 3 meals per day for the time being. In case you are reading, I only wish for the best for you and your family. God bless you!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184321 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:48 pm »

Just watched The Land Before Time for the first time in many years.
The film was probably pretty close to rivalling Robin Hood in terms of favourite childhood film, although I kept watching the latter for much longer.

For added cool points I just watched it on VHS :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #184322 on: January 10, 2018, 10:38:21 am »

Tried cooking breakfast tacos today. Requires frying raw breakfast sausage and cooking scrambled eggs. Never done either before.

Everything went better than expected, and the tacos are tasty. Leveled up my cooking skill.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #184323 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:07 pm »

Superhot VR looks amazing and makes me want a Vive.  Watched a LPer genuinely doing gun kata dual wielding and dodging bullets and such.

Not enough to actually get one but damn if I'm considering it now...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184324 on: January 10, 2018, 05:31:31 pm »

Superhot VR looks amazing and makes me want a Vive.  Watched a LPer genuinely doing gun kata dual wielding and dodging bullets and such.

Well if you're undecided you should probably wait. They're only going to get better and the later you get one, the better your choices of games will be. For me, I've got years worth of various media as backlog, so I'm not too fussed about getting any new stuff.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:33:15 pm by Reelya »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #184325 on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:07 pm »

So I've begun my journey along the path of the code. Took my first class today. Really basic stuff - mostly things I already knew, in fact. Computers think in Binary, which is base two, You'll be using Python, that kinda stuff.

Then we coded a "program" to print some words on a screen. Not Hello World, unfortunately, but it's a beginning. It looks like it won't be terribly hard to code a simple text game or the like, and when I do get the skills required for that I'll bring it to Bay 12. :)

It was nice though. Got a rush of nostalgia for the jumping cone toy I coded in basic as a child and also felt good about going to a class I actually gave a damn about.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184326 on: January 10, 2018, 11:49:51 pm »

I hate my job. I want another one but no one will hire me.

Why am I posting this in the happy thread? Because I'm taking my first baby steps toward possibly running a hosting company.

I'm way too proud of this.

I'm in learning mode right now. I'd like to start off with a free dedicated game server or two for the DF community but I'm not sure any game in particular is in demand at the moment. Got an idea? Fire off a PM.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184327 on: January 11, 2018, 12:03:08 am »

Have you seen Space Pirate Trainer gameplay?  I haven't played Superhot VR yet, but I imagine it's the same feeling.

When laser fire is about to hit you, there's an audible warning and you automatically enter bullet time as it gets close to you.  Sounds like hand-holding, but... the game sometimes throws dozens of drones at you that can surround and fire on you from all directions.

The game does an amazing job of making you feel like a badass.  When you really get into it, you'll find yourself naturally building up a mental map of all the drone movements and know the angle their fire is coming from based on the timing, spatial sound, and what direction you last saw each drone fly out from your field of vision, so that when you hear that beep and time slows down, you will start to duck and weave through multiple volleys of fire without even looking or slowing down your return fire.

To say that you start to feel like this is not an exaggeration, and it's fucking awesome. 

At one point lastnight, I had 3 drones staggering fire on me from above and to my right and left while I was shooting down others in front.  I initially responded by ducking lower and lower, but then found the fire was too thick to pop back up through without getting hit, so I was literally crawling forward on one elbow for a moment while looking up and returning fire with the other hand.  That was interesting.

And reaching behind to switch from gun to shield is still one of the best game mechanics anyone's ever done for VR.  It just feels so right.

I also recommend waiting, though... the next wave of VR hardware is coming soon.  Even if you don't want to wait for that, prices on the first wave stuff will then drop dramatically.

Edit:  Here... just watch this guy.  I'm not this good.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:16:44 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184328 on: January 11, 2018, 12:26:26 am »

Torso-twisting to audio cues is something I didn't know I wanted.
(As a former DDR acolyte, and mech-warrior)

And hrmmm, I do want Superhot in VR.  It would be even sweeter.
It's one of a few games, like Zeno Clash, which I replay WELL after they're "done".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184329 on: January 11, 2018, 12:35:23 am »

Actually.... watch this guy instead.

He's kicking ass on the newer content.  That first video was in the really early versions of the game where you could just walk and duck a certain pattern around your play area and mostly avoid getting hit.  The new stuff breaks that up and forces you to adapt a more varied playstyle.

It's one of a few games, like Zeno Clash, which I replay WELL after they're "done".

Have you played Zeno Clash 2?  Those were such fantastic games.  So underrated.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184330 on: January 11, 2018, 12:46:22 am »

Have you played Zeno Clash 2?  Those were such fantastic games.  So underrated.
A little...  Mostly co-op with someone close who I'm no longer on speaking terms with.
I keep launching Zeno Clash 1 because it's great for
PUNCHING THE EVER-LOVING SHIT
out of
A LARGE COLLECTION OF JERKOFFS

Including THAT ONE WOMAN WHO HAS A VERY WELL-ESTABLISHED REASON TO HATE THE PC

They're all wrong
Also, I will punch them :3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184331 on: January 11, 2018, 12:54:18 am »

Ahhhh man play through the sequel.  The story is so fucking good.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184332 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:42 am »

Shit, now i want to finish off the first on. Always been meaning to. Always been meaning to play the second game too but I haven't wanted to purchase it when I haven't even finished the first one.

Punch you asshole.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #184333 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:50 am »

Got the first one for $1.  Best $1 game I've ever bought (and I've bought quite a few).
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184334 on: January 11, 2018, 11:08:22 am »

Oh and sorry that punch you wasn't directed to you, Salmon, just an expression of Zeno Clash. I didn't think through how that would look very well.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12287 12288 [12289] 12290 12291 ... 13312