Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12375 12376 [12377] 12378 12379 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14608164 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAO] ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER (Happy thread)
« Reply #185640 on: June 17, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »

It's father's day and I have my son with me. A little light on the weight side but not by much and as healthy as horse. That's much more that a lot of people have.

He's oure little spot of hope, brightness and happiness on these grim days, everything we do is to give him someday all the opportunities we were denied.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185641 on: June 18, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »

Me and my kid got into a pool for the first time for him (he's 2, scared of water) and he had a lot of fun and we were being very silly and it was great fun to splash grandma with water and a good time was had by all.

Dem memories.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185642 on: June 18, 2018, 01:23:06 pm »

Fuck, was it fathers day? I have no father, I sprang fully formed from my mothers forehead, she was like "ow, god my head is killing me... *PLOP* oh shit, a baby!" trufax.

In happy thread stuff, I got a new saw, I worry that I'm collecting them now.

The current handle on the dovetail was an experiment at reusing part of a plane prototype, the cat approves:

Cats love tools, show a cat a screwdriver or better yet something with an edge, they'll headbunk it.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185643 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:42 pm »

Got to try out a bass clarinet for the first time today, and I could actually get it to make noise despite being my first instrument that I need to breath. I'm probably gonna try to keep learning over the summer whenever I get a chance, so hopefully I have a second instrument  :D

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185644 on: June 18, 2018, 05:40:29 pm »

I got my first real job. Not some shitty summer or part time thing where I'm disposable. A well paying skilled job doing what I like to do. :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185645 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:13 pm »

Got to try out a bass clarinet for the first time today, and I could actually get it to make noise despite being my first instrument that I need to breath. I'm probably gonna try to keep learning over the summer whenever I get a chance, so hopefully I have a second instrument  :D
I am angry at you because I have stupid lips and can't do reeds or flutes and tuba agitates me but I should have been a drummer all along apparently because I just kinda know how for some reason?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #185646 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:23 pm »

I got my first real job. Not some shitty summer or part time thing where I'm disposable. A well paying skilled job doing what I like to do. :D
Ain't that the best kind of happy? :)

Well done!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185647 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »

I was just reminded again of Breadwallzyl and grinning commenced.

Have some happy from an uploader who has to play this game based on the avatar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ncbR_PS50

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185648 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:30 pm »

You don't need to breath while playing guitar? Very impressive! I look forward to the experimental underwater concerts.
Love, scriver~

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185649 on: June 18, 2018, 07:32:09 pm »

You don't need to breath while playing guitar? Very impressive! I look forward to the experimental underwater concerts.

Upright bass, but yeah. It's a bit of a weird technique to learn, but you get used to it pretty fast. It was quickly discovered by a bassist playing on a cruise ship that started to sink. The show must go on!

I am angry at you because I have stupid lips and can't do reeds or flutes and tuba agitates me but I should have been a drummer all along apparently because I just kinda know how for some reason?
I actually tried flutes and brass before, couldn't get those working either. Granted, I actually had some instruction this time for Reed's, but still. I envy drummers though; I barely have the seperate hand coordination to play bass, let alone adding a foot into the mix.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185650 on: June 18, 2018, 10:00:20 pm »

I figure if Ringo can do it, it can't take much smarts!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185651 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:49 pm »

Stupidlips McMax, Fuckhands' McMike's distant cousin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185652 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:13 pm »

Canada just legalized marijuana. This is the first of the G7 countries to fully legalize it.
Henceforth, it is lgal to carry up to 30 grams of weed for personal recreactional use in Canada.
Most states will open up special weed stores.
In Alberta, there will be 200 stores, in Ontario it's a bit more restricted, with 40 planned weed stores.
In some states it will also be allowed to smoke in the street.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185653 on: June 20, 2018, 12:12:58 am »

Really? I knew that legalization was going to happen eventually, barring a snap election or act of god. Parliment/Trudeau was very clear on that point. I just thought that they still needed more time to iron out the language and so on.

Also they are provinces, not states. Canada is not the US, as we are overly fond of reminding people.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185654 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:41 am »

The law passed Senate, so yeah, it's official.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 12375 12376 [12377] 12378 12379 ... 13312