Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12408 12409 [12410] 12411 12412 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645959 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186135 on: July 27, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »

That whole "not even once" thing is ridiculous hyperbole.

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I will never get within 50 feet of any addictive drugs (sans medical reasons). I will never even touch marijuana, even though I do realize that's it's much less dangerous and addictive than say heroin or cocaine. I really don't see why anyone, anyone, would want to risk their position in society, their relationships, their physical and mental health and eventually their life, just to occasionally feel happier for a couple hours. And if all this still seems worth it, just to get that extra boost of happiness once in a while, next time you see a drug addict, lying on the sidewalk in their ragged clothes, ask them if they actually feel happy. Or whether their addiction has given them any overall fulfillment or satisfaction or done anything but turn them into a mindless automaton whose sole purpose is to secure their next hit.

It is not hyperbole, people. People do get addicted and have their entire life ruined as a result. This does happen. It may happen to you. I can guarantee you that all the junkies you see on the street, at some point in their lives thought to themselves "it won't happen to me." I don't mean to sound preachy, but it frankly terrifies me that people in this thread are seriously considering taking drugs. I would tolerate marijuana usage by people around me (as long as the usage is not around me when said people are), but anything past that just shows exceptionally poor judgment in my opinion.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186136 on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:44 pm »

I doubt marijuana could ruin my life but I don't do it mainly because weed likely would make me be at peace with myself.

Which I don't want to. I want to be pissed off and spiteful and determined.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186137 on: July 27, 2018, 09:36:30 pm »

I doubt marijuana could ruin my life but I don't do it mainly because weed likely would make me be at peace with myself.

Note I'm not saying that marijuana specifically can ruin your life, though I'd still be fairly cautious about using it.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186138 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:08 pm »

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I will never get within 50 feet of any addictive drugs (sans medical reasons). I will never even touch marijuana, even though I do realize that's it's much less dangerous and addictive than say heroin or cocaine. I really don't see why anyone, anyone, would want to risk their position in society, their relationships, their physical and mental health and eventually their life, just to occasionally feel happier for a couple hours. And if all this still seems worth it, just to get that extra boost of happiness once in a while, next time you see a drug addict, lying on the sidewalk in their ragged clothes, ask them if they actually feel happy. Or whether their addiction has given them any overall fulfillment or satisfaction or done anything but turn them into a mindless automaton whose sole purpose is to secure their next hit.

It is not hyperbole, people. People do get addicted and have their entire life ruined as a result. This does happen. It may happen to you. I can guarantee you that all the junkies you see on the street, at some point in their lives thought to themselves "it won't happen to me." I don't mean to sound preachy, but it frankly terrifies me that people in this thread are seriously considering taking drugs. I would tolerate marijuana usage by people around me (as long as the usage is not around me when said people are), but anything past that just shows exceptionally poor judgment in my opinion.
Somewhat surprisingly I'm kind of conservative when it comes to drugs. I don't like them at all. I am however fairly realistic about them and know that the only viable way to deal with them and the massive issues we have with them right now is legalization and treating them as a medical problem.

There are a lot of reasons outside simple addiction why people use drugs. Social and psychological causes are just as important.

Also I really hate the obsession with drugs like marijuana some people have saying all kinds of dangerously misleading stuff about it, like saying it cures cancer. Seriously people need to stop doing that.

Kurzgesagt has some good videos on this stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP15q815Saw

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186139 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »

I went to a Reform synagogue for Shabbat service with my boyfriend tonight.

It was... Interesting. Got some things to think about.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #186140 on: July 27, 2018, 10:02:15 pm »

A what.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186141 on: July 27, 2018, 10:03:00 pm »

Jews, man. Jews.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186142 on: July 27, 2018, 10:05:59 pm »

The synagogue bit kind of made it obvious. Not like there are lots of not Jewish synagogues. :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #186143 on: July 27, 2018, 10:15:53 pm »

Note I'm not saying that marijuana specifically can ruin your life, though I'd still be fairly cautious about using it.

alcohol is objectively worse in a huge variety of ways but when i tell people to be cautious about using it or complain about that they yell at me

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186144 on: July 27, 2018, 10:24:55 pm »

alcohol is objectively worse in a huge variety of ways but when i tell people to be cautious about using it or complain about that they yell at me

Well then they're wrong.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186145 on: July 27, 2018, 10:27:30 pm »

When a stranger offers you drugs, you say "thanks"

Because drugs are expensive af
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #186146 on: July 27, 2018, 10:34:36 pm »

This is the happy thread my dudes. Pls cease thine arguements regarding the merits and demerits of consuming drugs.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186147 on: July 27, 2018, 10:36:10 pm »

...just to occasionally feel happier for a couple hours.
I'm sorry, but you seem to be decidedly ill-informed on the subject.
Not exactly something to be discussed in detail on the forums, but nonetheless I must object to an argument so riddled with inaccuracies.

Fakeedit:

M8's r8s, m8. :P

Actualedit:
This is the happy thread my dudes. Pls cease thine arguements regarding the merits and demerits of consuming drugs.
Fair enough. We shall just agree that drugs generally are, for the most part, a Happy. ^-^
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:38:38 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #186148 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:55 pm »

You then resell them like the capitalist pig you are.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186149 on: July 28, 2018, 03:10:00 am »

I thought it was dosage advice: don't limit yourself to a single hit, try a bunch!
Pages: 1 ... 12408 12409 [12410] 12411 12412 ... 13312